B9 inspired stock aircraft parts

This example shows what I would really like in KSP in terms of spaceplane parts

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40761-Kerbin-Mini-Shuttle?highlight=mini+space+shuttle

I know that it isn't B9 but the design elements would look very nice in KSP

As of now the Spaceplane parts are themselves very old and even unconvincing with their abrupt shape transitions.

Instead of this I think that spaceplane parts should all be replaced with smooth, space shuttle esq parts like in the link which are capable of holding functional fuel reserves for jet and bi-propelant engines.

To distinguish between "spaceplane" and rocket parts I believe that the Mk 3 fuselage parts ought to be a fraction smaller than they are right now so that though they are round, they don't "fit" with rocket tanks, this would be an advantage however, since large aircraft are harder to build.

I suppose that this is coming soonish but I want to throw in a vote for this very clean art style which has already found use in the KSC buildings.

Thanks

Halsfury

We'll undoubtedly see a complete overhaul of the mechanics and cosmetics of all the spaceplane parts at some point. On top of that, the person who made the B9 Aerospace pack is currently working for SQUAD so there's a fair chance we'll see some of his art style influencing them. Either way, there's a couple other really talented artists working on the game so you know the new parts will look good. We'll just have to wait a few updates(give or take) until we see anything like that. They're kinda busy at the moment with bigger, more fundamental additions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.