[0.21] GHud - Adds displays to built-in screen on Logitech G19/G510 keyboards (v1.2)

BGog42

Ver 1.2.2 confirmed working on 0.24 (32-bit only)

This plugin adds useful displays to the built-in screen on Logitech gaming keyboards. It supports both the large color screen on the G19 as well as the smaller mono displays on the g510, g18 etc. (Currently only tested on G19 & G510)

ohZcEQm.jpg

Licensed under the MIT license. License can be read here

Download Latest v1.2.2 Here

(works on 0.21, 0.22, 0.23, & 0.24(32bit) )

New features. Target orbit displays and configurable splitscreen for the G19 (us up/down buttons next to the display)

Current vessel vs. Target displays are indicated by either and 'airplane' or crosshair (+) icon. Current vessel orbits are yellow and target orbits are blue.

Notice: Update 1.0.0.1 release. This fixes a serious issue which would break Mechjeb2 and possibly other mods. Please update. You MUST delete the GameData/GHud directory before installing the updated version!

NOTE: When installing you MUST extract to the root KSP folder and not just to Gamedata as a dll to support the keyboard must be in the root.

The mod currently only works on Windows as I havn't figured out how to access the G19 display on Mac and Linux yet. (Planned for future)

Versions:

1.2.2: -- Updates for 0.24

– Fixed performance issue when NOT in flight. Should have little to no impact on framerate now.

1.2.1: -- Enhancements by MattZZ

– Fixed GHud so it doesn't get re-initialized on every scene change.

– Increased update framerate

– Fixed build and test issues

1.2: Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/NPk48#0

On the G19 you can independently change the top and bottom displays with the “up/down†display arrow buttons. Use the Menu button to change full screen modes.

– Added Target orbit displays

– Can now independantly select top and bottom displays on the G19 in the

split screen view. Use up and down display buttons.

– Added Situation field

– Removed atmosphere rendering from monochrom orbit graphs.

– Improved performance

– Removed stray log spam.

1.0.0.1: Fixes incompatibility with Mechjeb2 and possibly other mods (delete GameData/GHud dir prior to installation)

1.0.0.0: Initial release

Current features:

G19 Color screen:
(Cycle displays by pressing the 'menu' button on the keyboard, cycle top of splitscreen with (up-arrow) and bottom with (down-arrow))

• [*=1]Orbit Screen: (split between text and half-height orbit graphic) Top and bottom can be changed to display target orbits etc. Cycle with up/down.
    Text: Velocity, Inclination, Apoapsis, Periapsis, Time to Apoapsis, Time to Periapsis
    Orb Graph: Rendering of the current orbit. Displays the correct parent body size/color as well as an alpha blended atmosphere correctly sized.
    This display is a 2d rendering done orthoginal to the inclination. Thus you won't see any inclination in the graphic.
    [*=1]Large Orb Graph: Fullscreen version of the orbit graph.

G510/G18 mono screen:

(Cycle displays by pressing the right most button under the display (button 4))

• Orbit info: Velocity, Inclination, Apoapsis, Periapsis, Time to Apoapsis, Time to Periapsis. Current vessel and Target displays available.
  • Orb Graph: Monochrome version of the Orbit Graph described for the G19.

Future Plans:

• kOS integration, allowing your kOS programs to display to the keyboard screen.
  • (Done)Target info
  • Surface info
  • Custom displays
  • Display the Lazor docking cam (if you have that mod installed)
  • Target body patched conics
  • API allowing other mods to display to add screens.

Imgur Gallery 1.2: http://imgur.com/a/NPk48#0

Imgur gallery: http://imgur.com/a/muxwL#0

Code at Github: https://github.com/BGog/GHud

xmpNrPd.jpg

G510 (small mono screen)

MzNfLHg.jpg

Edited by BGog42
Works on 0.24 32bit

holy sheitz, that is freakin awesome. Cant wait to see what you do with it next, as well on the g19 version what does the graphics do when you go into interplanetary space? and it would be awesome if the g19 had a larger screen for that information.....

Thanks! It will display "Leaving sphere of influence" if you are on a hyperbolic orbit. Once you enter the sphere of influence of the sun, it will render that orbit correctly until you reach the next planet.

It would be nice if the screen was bigger but compared to the g510s tiny tiny monochrome screen, the g19 is a dream.

Let me know how it works for you.

Sorry to report this but I tried to go from the obervatory to my ship around laythe and the screen was black. Tried every button...

Gonna test it later again after I finished my rocket but first of all I have to do some work here ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I got a G19..

Sorry to report this but I tried to go from the obervatory to my ship around laythe and the screen was black. Tried every button...

Gonna test it later again after I finished my rocket but first of all I have to do some work here ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I got a G19..

Thanks for the report. I tried it with every ship in my save but I'll dig in and see what I can find.

Could you do me a favor and send me your KSP.log file. It is in the ksp root dir. I'll PM you my email.

Also when you launched the game, did it say "Initializing" on the screen of your G19?

It didn't and the GHud program only was selectable as soon as I had a ship flying in an orbit but after that, black screen. I can't give you the logs right now because I have to work and as I said, I'm going to test it later again.

Don't worry. I won't forget it.

Wow, if I had money I'd go out and buy a G19 right now....

or actually I'd probably order one from Amazon seeing as how there aren't any stores open at 6:39am....

Why not a G13?

It works fine on mine, and i use it all the time when playing KSP.

Why not a G13?

It works fine on mine, and i use it all the time when playing KSP.

It should work fine with a G13 though I've not tested it as I don't have one. But I imagine he wants the G19 because it has a 320x240 color screen rather than 160x40 monochrome.

I'm using the unofficial version of Mechjeb 2.0, no problems here.

As you mention if you use the latest developer build of Mechjeb 2. (link on the mechjeb thread). It will work.

As for Mechjeb2 2.0.9 I have found the issue and am working on a fix.

I'm using MechJeb 2.0.9

The latest developer build of mechjeb works with GHud. Until I find a fix you'll need to use that mechjeb or wait till I fix it. You can get the latest dev build from a link on the first post of the mechjeb thread.

Update 1.0.0.1 released.

This fixes a serious issue which would break Mechjeb2 and possibly other mods. Please update.

You MUST delete the GameData/GHud directory before installing the updated version!

Thank you all for the positive feedback! I'll keep the updates coming. Please let me know if there are any issues with the new update.

Just had KSP crash and my G510 display locked up. Crash happened while in VAB building a ship. Don't know if crash was related to GHud or not, but it definitely freaked it out.

So this is something I haven't yet figured out how to fix. If the game crashes for whatever reason, GHud doesn't get a chance to close the connections to the keyboard. When that happens it gets all messed up. In older versions of the keyboard driver I had to reboot to get the display back. In the latest version it just keeps an extra ghud app registered. Either way it is annoying and I believe a bug on the part of the logitech software. Wish I had a better answer, I'll keep trying to fiddle with it and see what I can come up with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.