[0.21] GHud - Adds displays to built-in screen on Logitech G19/G510 keyboards (v1.2)

BGog42

Would it be possible to not draw the orbited bodies atmosphere on the G510? Because of the low resolution and monochromatic display it just end up looking like "noise".

Yea. I'll take it out. The mono orbit graphic didn't get any custom love. I'll polish up a bit for the next version.

Holy mother of God!

That's sweeeeeeeeeet!!

When I first started playing KSP, I wondered about a logitech app, I even contemplated requesting one here, but ended up thinking "nah, no one uses these keyboards anymore"

I am so glad I was wrong! :)

Now, if you add a navball to it, I can play KSP in "extra hard mode"... that is, with my monitor turned off! :D

(that's not a request, I am just joking! :sticktongue: )

Any plans to display info on the G screens while in the VAB / SPH? Maybe parts count or TWR or dV or total mass?

Yes, I was tinkering with it the other day. I'd like to add it but probably after a couple other flight screens as it's a bit tricky to get delta-v and twr correct on vessels with upsidedown parts, docked with docking ports etc. Last thing we'd want is bad info.

Version 1.2 release.

New target orbit displays, dynamic splitscreen for G19 and bugfixes.

When on the split screen on the G19, you can now independently change what is displayed on the top and bottom halves of the screen using the up button to cycle the top and the down button to cycle the bottom. (buttons next to the display). Menu cycles the full screen modes.

Current vessel vs. Target displays are indicated by either and 'airplane' or crosshair (+) icon. Current vessel orbits are yellow and target orbits are blue.

I have a suggestion: can you add a new infopanel showing the ammount of fuels in a bar type way like it is ingame on the resources tab.

but anyway great update.

That's a great idea. I'll add it to the list. Glad you're liking it.

Forgot to mention that per user request, I removed the poor attempt at rendering the atmosphere on the monochrome keyboards. It should have been a dotted line but ended up looking like someone let a monkey loose with a pen.

Did you improve the crash handling? I had KSP crash twice tonight and neither time did gHud lock up my keyboard.

That's good to hear! I did make an attempt but couldn't test it. When I get some time I'm going to write a little mod to crash the game. Glad it is a little more forgiving to KSP crashes for you.

Works perfectly on my G15 ! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For this mod.

You are very welcome. Glad it is working! I have a G19-color and G510 monochrome but no G15 to to test on so I appreciate hearing that its working.

Can you make it to work on tablets connected to a pc? :D

I've started working on a separate mod for that and/or second monitor. However until then you can download the logitech g19 keyboard software for free from logitech even if you don't have a keyboard. Then ctrl-right-click the tray icon to start the lcd emulator. Someone one reddit came up with that idea and had it working with a desktop sharing app on his ipad. Haven't tried it myself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.