[0.21] GHud - Adds displays to built-in screen on Logitech G19/G510 keyboards (v1.2)

BGog42

Wow, if I had money I'd go out and buy a G19 right now....

or actually I'd probably order one from Amazon seeing as how there aren't any stores open at 6:39am....

Wal-mart is always open...but that of course means actually entering one

First of all: Thanks a LOT for making this, I had thought of having a crack at this myself for a while but never got around to it. It works beautifully with my (original!) Logitech G15.

I do have one request though: the plugin often grabs focus on the LCD, on every scene change I think. Especially when I'm not flying (but switching between buildings for example) I don't need to be reminded that it's "waiting for flight...". I often switch to other things (media player control, system status/performance monitor) and it re-grabs the LCD. I can see it grabbing focus when a flight is started, but for the "waiting"-screen it's really not necessary.

It should just work, there is no need to configure anything. DMcLgLCD.dll needs to be in the same place as KSP.exe (as MK3424 said already) and obviously the GHud folder in the GameData folder, as usual with mods. Have you checked the Logitech control panel if it is just set to not be displayed for some reason?

Would it be possible to do something like this, but display the information on a second monitor instead/also? Works great on my g15 btw! Now I don't have to switch to the map at all during takeoff.. I love how well the information is laid out! Great addon!

First of all: Thanks a LOT for making this, I had thought of having a crack at this myself for a while but never got around to it. It works beautifully with my (original!) Logitech G15.

I do have one request though: the plugin often grabs focus on the LCD, on every scene change I think. Especially when I'm not flying (but switching between buildings for example) I don't need to be reminded that it's "waiting for flight...". I often switch to other things (media player control, system status/performance monitor) and it re-grabs the LCD. I can see it grabbing focus when a flight is started, but for the "waiting"-screen it's really not necessary.

Hi Creat. The grabbing of focus is not to remind you but due to a a strange interaction that occurs if the mod is left instantiated between scenes. Until I figure out the bug I have to re-initialize the plugin between scenes which causes it to re-connect to the keyboard and grab focus. I will continue to try to fix the issue.

Would it be possible to do something like this, but display the information on a second monitor instead/also? Works great on my g15 btw! Now I don't have to switch to the map at all during takeoff.. I love how well the information is laid out! Great addon!

Yes, its a good idea. I have been thinking on it and the existing displays are built for the tiny screen and wouldn't map well to a monitor. I'm considering extending ghud or creating a different plugin with a second monitor in mind.

Tried telemachus?

• 2 weeks later...
Any progress with the plugin?

Still love it.

Well, I've been busy at work and also distracted by "Science" :P So I haven't done much on it lately. If I had to guess i'd say the next feature release will probably be mid december. Sorry for the delay, I'm glad you have all been enjoying it so much.

I'm thinking I'll be adding a live docking camera for the G19 and a docking indicator for the mono displays for the next release. I picked this because its what I want. If anyone has specific features they would like, I'd be happy to work on those. If I don't get any feature requests (that I want to do) I'll just plow forth on my wish list.

Thanks again for all of the support of the mod everyone!

Well, I've been busy at work and also distracted by "Science" :P So I haven't done much on it lately. If I had to guess i'd say the next feature release will probably be mid december. Sorry for the delay, I'm glad you have all been enjoying it so much.

I'm thinking I'll be adding a live docking camera for the G19 and a docking indicator for the mono displays for the next release. I picked this because its what I want. If anyone has specific features they would like, I'd be happy to work on those. If I don't get any feature requests (that I want to do) I'll just plow forth on my wish list.

Thanks again for all of the support of the mod everyone!

Docking indicator for mono displays would be sweet. Be sure to include relative velocity and distance readouts.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this great plugin, So far it works great with my G13.

More data displayed would always be appreciated, although once you start adding more categories, you will probably have to create a customization .txt or the like for powerusers :rolleyes:

When it's "waiting for flight..." are you able to grab info from the tracking station on current flights, like a news ticker or sorts. Or even stupid status updates like "Jeb has incinerated one of the applicants, now hiring!"

Overall i was just looking for something for the g13 collecting dust, and you delivered; Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Currently kerbal doesnt support dual monitor setup - and many people proposed this, so player woudl be able to watch flight on first screen and orbtal map on second.

You managed to render simple 2d map on mini-screen of keyboard. So, theoretically it shoudl be possible to re-render orbital map and display it on second monitor instead small lcd screen..

Some external program woudl be probably needed, as i need keyboard fimware/emulator (i dont own keyboard with screen, so i tested your mod on emulator) to handle viewing map.

Or instead sending pre rendered image of map to external device/app, send only orbit data (like telemachus probably does), and let app handle rendering map... After all KSP has limited resources usage, until 64 bit version comes out.

Such rendered map maybe coudl bein real 3d, with ability do rotate it, zoom in and out. Although controlling it while manevouring your ship coudl be tricky.

Edited by kiwiak

Just got a G13 today for KSP. Got GHud working but the screen is a little off (it clips off the bottom where the time till apoapsis and periapsis is). I'm sure this is a simple issue and would like to know how I might fix it or if you can look into it. Thanks BGog42 for an awesome plugin!

y0e4MZE.jpg?1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.