Beyond our worlds: Space Engine screenshots gallery

SolarLiner

The procedural generation is generating landscapes, clouds etc when you're by the surface. If you give it a few seconds to catch up, it will smooth out (until it has to generate more landscape), so long as your LOD is set to 1 or lower. (2 will cycle forever)

The procedural generation is generating landscapes, clouds etc when you're by the surface. If you give it a few seconds to catch up, it will smooth out (until it has to generate more landscape), so long as your LOD is set to 1 or lower. (2 will cycle forever)

I get that, I just felt that things are a little faster in the clips I see. It might very well be just me :)

Well, it might be that the clips were rendered using Space Engine's built-in video system: you put SE in "Immediate generation" mode (that is, everything will load/generate and then the frame will show up), and then start a frame-by-frame video recording. What you will see will not be real time, and it will be tricky to move the camera (this is why the Spacecraft camera mode is there), but smooth movements and maximum resolutions are guarenteed.

Give yourself some 30 Gb of free space, and then when you're done, use VirtualDub or RAD Video Tools to assembles all the frames into a single video. You are now ready to edit and send that to youtube, vimeo or whatever !

• 1 year later...
On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 11:24 PM, electricpants said:

When I load up SE 0.9.4.7, everything except galaxies are invisible. And I mean everything.

How do I fix it?

Check your settings to see if anythings off. Check the graphic settings first. If not then move your mouse to the lower right (but not bottom right) and a toolbar should appear showing what looks to be galaxies and the lot. Click the ones that are darkened out. It should bring back your celestrial objects. If not then reinstall the simulation.

P.S Your lucky i spotted your comment. This chat has been dead for almost 1.5 years.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.