probe randomly blew up - kraken?

After I accomplish something in KSP, I like to check up on any timed event (launch window, rendezvous, departure, etc) I have before logging out. I do this instead of fast forwarding days, and may have multiple missions going on at once.

I had just completed a mission I waited quite a while for at Duna and docked everything to wait for the return trip back (160 days, bleh), so I went back through to update my events. Checked my launch windows, then decided to check on timing for my probe that was headed to Jool. The second I select and switch to it, BOOM, it goes up like a roman candle, pieces floating around everywhere.

Would this be the kraken I've been hearing about?

Pertinent info: I haven't flown anything beyond Duna (besides this probe) at this point. There was no debris that I had left out in space that would have run into it (I actually build my craft to avoid debris, including staging).

Just so we can say we've been over the checklist: You didn't launch it with any parts clipping into one another, did you?

Also, a screenshot of the craft in its pre-exploded form might help us determine if there's anything wrong with the craft itself, or if it is just the Kraken stirring in its slumber.

I have had landing legs and instruments fly off probes for no reason on rare occasions when doing such switching between map mode and flight. It is caused by the physics switching in after they are loaded. You can see the effect on the G meter as a short spike in G force.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.