[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I disagree, and so does a lot of other people on this forum, and Kyle too if you read a few pages back. Many people, including I, think that the new stock parts are way overpowered, especially since there's nothing to balance them out against the old parts - as it stands, even in career mode, the Mainsail is obsolete.

That may be so, but rearranging stock parts or even worse - nodes, means that all other mods get thrown around, and their respective tech trees become obsolete. Of course, if you run only KW it will be ok, but not for people with 10+ part mods.

That may be so, but rearranging stock parts or even worse - nodes, means that all other mods get thrown around, and their respective tech trees become obsolete. Of course, if you run only KW it will be ok, but not for people with 10+ part mods.

Well, it's impossible to rearrange the stock nodes without something like TreeLoader. While I agree, it might not be smart to change the tech level of stock parts, it might not be necessary to balance against said stock parts, as both KW and NP, which are the big ones when it comes to rockets, are going to mostly retain the balance that they have had so far. Neither KW nor NP have plans to buff their engines considerably.

Man, having a great time with the classic "Error while initializing dbghelp.dll" going on. Certainly makes the game easy to play when it crashes every time I click on the VAB.

Seriously, has nobody payed any attention to this at all? I've been searching around and it doesn't seem like a potential correction for this has even been considered.

Man, having a great time with the classic "Error while initializing dbghelp.dll" going on. Certainly makes the game easy to play when it crashes every time I click on the VAB.

Seriously, has nobody payed any attention to this at all? I've been searching around and it doesn't seem like a potential correction for this has even been considered.

Naw, it's unpossible that Kyle and Winston would have tested this mod before release! It must be their fault, and they designed the error just for you since no one else seems to get it.

Seriously, though, sounds like you're hitting KSP's memory limit (which you could confirm by, y'know, reading the output log). Uninstall mods or get Active Texture Management.

Edited by NathanKell

Dbghelp.dll is a library used by debuggers to retrieve information about a program that's running or has just crashed (hence the name, "debug help"), so it's extremely unlikely ksp or any mod it loads are responsible for the error you're seeing. My guess is that you have a program installed that attempts to intercept crashes (eg an IDE), or had one and it didn't uninstall cleanly. Somehow that's misconfigured and that's what can't load dbghelp.dll when ksp crashes. If the game crashes when you enter the VAB, a very likely culprit is running out of RAM. Are you using one of the various texture compression mods? they go a long way towards improving that particular problem. They don't fix it - enough texture heavy mods and you'll crash anyway - but they do let you run a lot more mods than you'd be able to otherwise.

Edited by OrbitalDebris

well since this was his first post ever ("Posts: 1" last time i looked) i think it's safe to say your the only one getting this problem and to be honest i agree with everyone else when they say it's RAM. (or the lack of it)

on another note i've never heard (or seen) the game load successfully and then crash when opening the VAB usually it crashes when loading up the parts during the loading screen..

Since this specific crash is due to running out of memory it can happen at any time, but it's most likely to happen when the program is asking for a lot of memory. What's probably happening is that he has enough mods to use up most of the memory available to the KSP process when they load, and when the VAB scene starts up it asks for a lot more memory to get the rocket editor up and running, and that pushes the game over the edge. The space center scene has hardly anything going on by comparison, that's why he can get through it.

Not sure if this has been reported yet but im getting a glitch with KW fairings and decoplers where if I unload a vessel with them on when I return they shrink down. Screenshot:

xWSmN6M.png

I'm playing with a few other mods, none of which should cause any conflicts other than perhaps KJR.

Not sure if this has been reported yet but im getting a glitch with KW fairings and decoplers where if I unload a vessel with them on when I return they shrink down. Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/xWSmN6M.png

I'm playing with a few other mods, none of which should cause any conflicts other than perhaps KJR.

I'm playing with loads of mods, and it happened to me as well today with a docking port from KW. Good news is.. when I unloaded and loaded it again.. It was back to normal.

I'm playing with loads of mods, and it happened to me as well today with a docking port from KW. Good news is.. when I unloaded and loaded it again.. It was back to normal.

Known issue with the method K&W use to scale parts, and the part is the root part, and you switch/revert.

Instead of, say

MODEL
{
scale = 0.25, 0.25, 0.25
}
rescaleFactor = 4

do

MODEL
{
scale = 4.0, 4.0, 4.0
}
rescaleFactor = 1

and *manually* rescale the node positions.

Galacticruler: did you install it exactly to the folder specified in the instructions?

Thanks Nathan, also has anyone found a solution to the fairly common decouplers not decoupling bug?

Ok I looked into the cfgs to change the scaleing but they already had no rescale factors and manualy placed nodes, and then it happens even when the fairing base wasn't my root part after I separated two satellites.

Edited by Blipser

Hey Kyle,

I have resized the sidetank down to a 1m variant and would like some help on the amount of fuel ti should hols and the part mass.

Thanks

B787

EDIT 1 i think i have it figured out... you just multiplied the biggest tanks value by .9 for any given diameter... worked for both 2m and 3m

EDIT 2, tiny album of the completed tanks

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by B787_300

Still only getting some of the parts in KW to show up...only the tanks and the SRBs show up.

Your installation should be in KSP/GameData/KWRocketry. If your installation is in KSP/GameData/GameData/KWRocketry, or in ANY other way, you'll lose all parts except tanks and SRBs. Don't fudge the installation.

Is there any chance of getting a better exhaust effect for the 2.5m service module engine? The one on it right now is just a 2D plane that clips through the engine bell at full throttle. In fact I think it's been that way since they introduced docking. :/

Is there any chance of getting a better exhaust effect for the 2.5m service module engine? The one on it right now is just a 2D plane that clips through the engine bell at full throttle. In fact I think it's been that way since they introduced docking. :/

Tried HotRockets? It's got KW support and you could just delete all the other ones apart from the SPS if you don't like them.

Pretty sure when I designed the 2m Mav with Winston we made it on the Pre-burner cycle, so the 'exhaust' is pumped into the C-chamber. Rather than gas generator cycle where there it's directly dumped.

This is recounted from latent knowledge 30mins after waking up, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.