[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

So how exactly do you use the petal shrouds? I can't seem to get my lander connected to the base plate. Is there any technique in putting the lander into the petal without it sticking to the SPS of the CSM? I tried and I couldn't get it to work the way it did in the video.

So I found a way to put a lander in the petal shroud, for the lander, you start with the button, then you work up. Then you save it as a subassembly, and then put it into the shroud, and voila, you get yourself a genuine looking apollo mission

Same problem here; KSPx64 crashes with the 3m Griffin and 5m engines installed. The other engines are fine. There are also problems with other parts in the pack, though I have yet to find out which ones.

I'm having an issue with some of the tanks: the green connector ball doesn't seem to be aligned properly and is floating outside the tank so there is a gap between the parts when connected. I'm using 32bit KSP on linux and the problem does exist on a new save game. I've uploaded some screenshots here.

Edit: I have updated ModularFuelTanks and some other mods and the problem seems to have gone away.

Edited by Messelink

And I am having issues with the exhaust of my KW engines: I have continuous flames coming out of my exhaust. Even when it is off or with throttle at 0%.

I am using Hot Rockets, and it's stranger because the flame coming out of the exhaust is orange, like a stock flame, but with hot rockets(throttle >0) it's blue-ish for most of the engines that I use in KW.

Any ideas how to fix this?

looks like u messed up the force on fairings u have them set at -200 and -500 and such.

also someone made a new hotrockets .cfg for kw besides a minor issue with smoke forming a carosole it works fine

hope that's helpful

It is, and thank you, but I'm still not sure which node that crew vehicle attaches to - the top of the lander or the top node of the petal adapter. And, if the latter, which part of the spacecraft attaches to it? Is there something fancy that needs to be done to keep the crew vehicle's engine fairing from getting in the way on separation? I guess what I'm asking for is a VAB component to the useful "field" tutorial you've already made.

So how exactly do you use the petal shrouds? I can't seem to get my lander connected to the base plate. Is there any technique in putting the lander into the petal without it sticking to the SPS of the CSM? I tried and I couldn't get it to work the way it did in the video.
It is, and thank you, but I'm still not sure which node that crew vehicle attaches to - the top of the lander or the top node of the petal adapter. And, if the latter, which part of the spacecraft attaches to it? Is there something fancy that needs to be done to keep the crew vehicle's engine fairing from getting in the way on separation? I guess what I'm asking for is a VAB component to the useful "field" tutorial you've already made.

Will do. Sorry it's so unintuitive, it's the best system I could figure out for the time being.

While I totally LOVE KW Rocketry since day 1, I never really liked these sometimes huge plates with that red ring marking, it seems so random (the marking).

Of course, auto-shrouding wouldn't work with these, I guess?

Just my weird taste, not meant as criticism or something.

Cheers!

I don't like them either, if I had it my way the bases would blend into the fuel tanks like with the 5m engines, but as you probably know the texturing is handled by Kyle and this was his preferred design.

Auto shrouding would work fine but it would mean quite a lot of work making new bases for all the engines to make them fit onto tanks correctly.

Edited by Winston

Hi i have a question since i Instaled KW i somtimes have the Problem of the Camera zooming away from my craft [also screwes up manuvernods and the like]

I thought i read somthing about that bug befor but i cant find the Post anymore.

Has anyone an idea of where it might come from?

I have a question about the updated SPS. On a recent trip the Mün, I was using the SPS engine in my transfer stage and upon MECO I noticed that the SPS had drained the mono-prop from all tanks on my vessel; pulling it all in through a decoupler. I'm wondering if this is the intended behavior as Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer don't work this way?

Simplified Vessel Layout:

(SPS + KW RCS Tank) + KW Decoupler + (LEM) + Docking Port + (CSM)

I'd expect resource sharing to happen from CSM <-> LEM as they're connected via a docking port, but shouldn't it not be happening through the decoupler?

I have a question about the updated SPS. On a recent trip the Mün, I was using the SPS engine in my transfer stage and upon MECO I noticed that the SPS had drained the mono-prop from all tanks on my vessel; pulling it all in through a decoupler. I'm wondering if this is the intended behavior as Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer don't work this way?

I'd expect resource sharing to happen from CSM <-> LEM as they're connected via a docking port, but shouldn't it not be happening through the decoupler?

It uses pretty much the same part module from the new stock monopropellant engine and I'm not sure if there's a way to change how it draws fuel.

Mono Prop works diffrent from then the other ressources it is not stoped by decouplers you can see that by puting a comandmodule the a decoupler and a normall fuel tank if you put RCS on the fuel tank it will still work.

To stop it from draining your other mono prop sources if you right click them you can make them unavailebal bi clicking on the green aroww to the left of them.

anyone know why my wildcat-v and larger engines don't shut down perfectly when i cut the throttle?

Larger engines have simulated turbine spin up/spin down times as of 2.6

If you don't like it you can install the GameData folder in Extras/InstantPowerResponseConfigs in the mod's zip file and let it replace the default ones

To stop it from draining your other mono prop sources if you right click them you can make them unavailebal bi clicking on the green aroww to the left of them.

That's what I've started doing in the meantime. I just wish I could set this in the VAB since I always seem to forget at the pad or while on-orbit. :)

Hi i have a question since i Instaled KW i somtimes have the Problem of the Camera zooming away from my craft [also screwes up manuvernods and the like]

I thought i read somthing about that bug befor but i cant find the Post anymore.

Has anyone an idea of where it might come from?

I've had the same problem. Anyone know if it is KW related or something interacting with it?

I don't like them either, if I had it my way the bases would blend into the fuel tanks like with the 5m engines, but as you probably know the texturing is handled by Kyle and this was his preferred design.

Auto shrouding would work fine but it would mean quite a lot of work making new bases for all the engines to make them fit onto tanks correctly.

Enforce your way! :D