[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Hey man, I give you the tools. It's up to you to figure out what to do with them.

They're powerful sure, but they're not op by any means due to efficiency flaws etc.

Oh no, that's not what I meant at all, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you guys, I wouldn't even be playing KSP any more without KW! No what I meant was the NASA ARM engines are OP, as many agree, and the KW 5M engines are even MORE powerful. Not that they too are OP, they just have more power, and I don't know what to do with it all :) I'm sure I'll come up with some immense single launch Moho lander, science lab and rover return mission that uses them. Give me time ;)

Well, after some futzing around it seems like there's still some memory issues with the x64 version similar with x86 one. Installing Active Texture Management (something I was avoiding and was why I was opting for the x64 version in the first place) resulted in the mods playing nice together.

I've also found that dropping the texture res down to half in the graphics options has helped a ton. I'm playing on a rather anemic laptop (Win 7 64) and was having horrible access violation crashes at random. Dropped to half res and am doing fine.

Oh no, that's not what I meant at all, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you guys, I wouldn't even be playing KSP any more without KW! No what I meant was the NASA ARM engines are OP, as many agree, and the KW 5M engines are even MORE powerful. Not that they too are OP, they just have more power, and I don't know what to do with it all :) I'm sure I'll come up with some immense single launch Moho lander, science lab and rover return mission that uses them. Give me time ;)

well you use 5 m base for your rockets so you wont have to add that overused clishe asparagus staging or more sideway expansions ( SRBS are always wellcome though) thus resulting in easier lift offs for NEAR or FAR

I'm sure I'll come up with some immense single launch Moho lander, science lab and rover return mission that uses them. Give me time ;)

That's the ticket - hurl some massive payloads to Duna in a single launch etc.

0EA3Fwkl.jpg

So, what are those slender cylinders shown in this image? Wouldn't be a black 2.5m fuel tank by any chance? I didn't notice any such tank in the latest version. Is it not a fuel tank? Or am I just blind? (<- a distinct possibility)

quick question. how do i use the interstage decoupler? is it like a regular decoupler or do i have to do something special to make them separate? they don't seem to be working for me.

So, what are those slender cylinders shown in this image? Wouldn't be a black 2.5m fuel tank by any chance? I didn't notice any such tank in the latest version. Is it not a fuel tank? Or am I just blind? (<- a distinct possibility)

looks like a B9 spaceplane fuselage/tank. they are white on the other half?

If you checked the title of this thread you would have known: [0.24.2] KW Rocketry v2.6c Available - New 5m Parts! - 24/07/2014

My Duna Lander is screaming in towards kerbin and the SPS and large radial batteries are gone! It is carrying critical science to complete a contract and when I load it wont load! Now I have a save but I cannot find an older version of KW with the SPS and Battery I need to complete my mission. Can anyone tell me where to find a deprecated version so I can finish my mission? lol

My Duna Lander is screaming in towards kerbin and the SPS and large radial batteries are gone! It is carrying critical science to complete a contract and when I load it wont load! Now I have a save but I cannot find an older version of KW with the SPS and Battery I need to complete my mission. Can anyone tell me where to find a deprecated version so I can finish my mission? lol

https://mega.co.nz/#!wpUUmRRC!YGHa-glqrnVXqqcWzyzOoRlUyrdQgoEDPLpcBN2Pqfw

Boom, there you go. That's 2.5.6B.

Having a problem with parts not showing up. Installed this morning, and in the loading screen with the bar, I see KW parts. But they do not show up in the actual VAB.

How do you install this mod? It says do not extract but open, I have no clue what that means.

mods: Alarm Clock, Mechjeb, Procedural Parts, Interstellar

I can confirm the interstage decouplers not working. Edit: They seem to work now actually. Nevermind!

Scratch that again! The 1.25 -> 1.25 interstage decouplers are not working for me if having 1.25 -> 0.625. :S

How do you install this mod? It says do not extract but open, I have no clue what that means.

Open it in your zip program (or windows explorer), find the sub-folder named GameData (inside of the one that says "Open, do not extract") and extract this to the KSP Directory, like every other mod. What's in GameData in the zip belongs in GameData on your KSP install.

Edited by Creat

Is it possible for the petal adapter to open in the VAB (like using firespitter?) It would be so much easier to construct a lander inside the adapter. Or can a nice person teach me how to do it manually.

Edited by andrehsu

Is it possible for the petal adapter to open in the VAB (like using firespitter?) It would be so much easier to construct a lander inside the adapter.

Grab Tweakable Everything. It'll allow you to do just that.