[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Can someone tell me how to normally install this in layman's terms? I have no clue what unpacking or merging means, and I don't have time to sift through 173 pages to see if someone else answered this question. Please go over the whole normal install as if I'm five (macintosh!). Thanks in advance.

1) Delete any existing install of KW Rocketry.

2) Download and unzip 'KW_Rocketry-2.6c.zip'.

3) Option-drag the GameData folder folder to the same folder as the Kerbal Space Program application. When prompted tell the Finder to merge the folders. If you did not get an option to merge, you did it wrong.

The path to a correctly installed KWRocketry should be <<main KSP folder>>/GameData/KWRocketry/ Anything else will cause tears.

After the update, I had to run a with a clean GameData folder, otherwise CTD. Obviously, the old savegames won't work with a clean GameData, at least for me (a lot of "Ok" buttons for missing parts ending in R&D with no chance to get out except Alt-F4). After putting KWRocketry from my old GameData folder into the new one, it hangs during load at "KW2mSRBNoseCone" loading.

Just for info, MechJeb2 (latest one 2.3.1.0) is also copied, but game starts with only MechJeb2 in GameData. Before I try the rest of my mods, I have to fix this issue first. :) Any suggestions?

Regards

Hirschi

Edited by Hirschi
clarifying that it starts with MechJeb but not MechJeb+KWR

After the update, I had to run a with a clean GameData folder, otherwise CTD. Obviously, the old savegames won't work with a clean GameData, at least for me (a lot of "Ok" buttons for missing parts ending in R&D with no chance to get out except Alt-F4). After putting KWRocketry from my old GameData folder into the new one, it hangs during load at "KW2mSRBNoseCone" loading.

Just for info, MechJeb2 (latest one 2.3.1.0) is also copied, but game starts with only MechJeb2 in GameData. Before I try the rest of my mods, I have to fix this issue first. :) Any suggestions?

Regards

Hirschi

Wich update? Game Update? I think KW is not compatible to 0.25 yet.

ups, sorry, yes... game update :) So may I forget my old saves and start all over?

I am pretty new at this game and I don't know if there will come any mod-updates wich will make my savefile from today morning (GMT+1) get to work in the near future. What did you ol' space cowboys do after the last patches/updates?

It's not only KW... it is KSPRC with all depencies and ScanSat, too. I liked the game the way i set it up.

I can reduce this to one (or maybe two) general game-update questions: Shall I start over from scratch? Will I ever be able to have my KSP from today morning (KSPRC and ScanSat)? :)

Regards

Hirschi

After 0.25 and its changes in scaling, all engines (at least; I didn't check other models) are broken (off-scale). To illustrate that - orange tank (2.5m) + SPS (supposed to be 2.5m):

http://i.imgur.com/piJErds.jpg

Pleas update ASAP.

Same problem here, a gap between all engines from KW rocketry and any other part in the game stock or not.

it appears to only be with engines, can stack all kw tanks together with no gaps it's all engines that will have a gap on both sides including with fairing and lower stage.

Edited by Hevak

KW parts use stock modules only, no plugins. There should be nothing in it to break. Unless one of the stock modules has different parameters or something has a zero entry cost and the game doesn't like that. Post a log (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29) from the point where the game freezes. If something in KW needs to change, that will help us find out what.

ups, sorry, yes... game update :) So may I forget my old saves and start all over?

I am pretty new at this game and I don't know if there will come any mod-updates wich will make my savefile from today morning (GMT+1) get to work in the near future. What did you ol' space cowboys do after the last patches/updates?

It's not only KW... it is KSPRC with all depencies and ScanSat, too. I liked the game the way i set it up.

I can reduce this to one (or maybe two) general game-update questions: Shall I start over from scratch? Will I ever be able to have my KSP from today morning (KSPRC and ScanSat)? :)

Regards

Hirschi

It is kinda off-topic but to answer your question: I separate my modded KSP install that I play from Steam's folder so that when new update comes I can resume with my old save on older version. I am still going to play in my Science save in 24.2 until those mods that I use mostly are updated to work with 25.0. Than I will download them and start a proper Career in 25.0

It is kinda off-topic but to answer your question: I separate my modded KSP install that I play from Steam's folder so that when new update comes I can resume with my old save on older version. I am still going to play in my Science save in 24.2 until those mods that I use mostly are updated to work with 25.0. Than I will download them and start a proper Career in 25.0

Thanks for the answer and sorry for offtopic.

I should've done 2 seperate builds, too.

I presume the scaling bug is related to this bugfix from the games readme:

Fixed a bug with rescaleFactor parameter in part.cfg when a MODEL node was used.

Looking forward to an update as well (while you're at it guys, might be worth double checking the entryCost figures as they can actually mean something now).

Well if it all works except the engines, I'll use everything but those, the stock engines will work.

Well I tried the fairings and there are spqces between the, they just don't line up right.

Edited by Woodstar

Well if it all works except the engines, I'll use everything but those, the stock engines will work.

Well I tried the fairings and there are spqces between the, they just don't line up right.

I've found all the fairings to be offset as well. And the 3 olive adapters are the wrong size now. At least all the fuel tanks seem to work!

do you mean the same thing that b9 did 2 weeks ago, to change the image files?

No. That was because B9 used .tga files. Currently, the KSP .tga loader is bugged, so .tga files will take up twice as much RAM as anything else. KW Rocketry uses .mbm files, so there is no problem with KW's image files. However, there has been a bug in KSP for a long time which has finally been fixed, however this means that many config files will have to be rewritten to fix the scaling bug completely.

Hey guys.

Sorry for the slow uptake guys, I've been spending the last few days bedridden due to a blasted cold so I didn't see release or the problems it brought along and Winston was also on holiday so we have been caught off guard.

I can't give you a solid deadline for when the fixes will be out as I've just now gotten visibility of this, but I'd hope for sometime late this weekend. I'll add in a bunch of other fixes that have been looming around and some other small things that are about.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to zip through the scales and check on the pricing/research amounts.(he says)

So it's coming, one way or the other.

Hey guys.

Sorry for the slow uptake guys, I've been spending the last few days bedridden due to a blasted cold so I didn't see release or the problems it brought along and Winston was also on holiday so we have been caught off guard.

I can't give you a solid deadline for when the fixes will be out as I've just now gotten visibility of this, but I'd hope for sometime late this weekend. I'll add in a bunch of other fixes that have been looming around and some other small things that are about.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to zip through the scales and check on the pricing/research amounts.(he says)

So it's coming, one way or the other.

Take your time and get well! Your mod is awesome, you are awesome, everything is awesome!