[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I can't be 100% certain, because I haven't tried every part... but I think this MM patch will fix the scaling issues while K & W deal with real life. :)

@PART[*]:HAS[#author[KW*Rocketry]]:FOR[KWRocketry]
{
@MODEL:HAS[#scale[0.8*0.8*0.8]]
{
@scale = 1, 1, 1
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[0.9*0.9*0.9]]
{
@scale = 1.125, 1.125, 1.125
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[1.0666*1.0666*1.0666]]
{
@scale = 1.33325, 1.33325, 1.33325
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[1.12*1.12*1.12]]
{
@scale = 1.4, 1.4, 1.4
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[1.2*1.2*1.2]]
{
@scale = 1.5, 1.5, 1.5
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[1.6*1.6*1.6]]
{
@scale = 2, 2, 2
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[2.4*2.4*2.4]]
{
@scale = 3, 3, 3
}

@MODEL:HAS[~scale]
{
scale = 1.25, 1.25, 1.25
}
}

HTH!

I can't be 100% certain, because I haven't tried every part... but I think this MM patch will fix the scaling issues while K & W deal with real life. :)

@PART
[*]:HAS[#author[KW*Rocketry]]:FOR[KWRocketry]
{
@MODEL:HAS[#scale[0.8*0.8*0.8]]
{
@scale = 1, 1, 1
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[0.9*0.9*0.9]]
{
@scale = 1.125, 1.125, 1.125
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[1.0666*1.0666*1.0666]]
{
@scale = 1.33325, 1.33325, 1.33325
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[1.12*1.12*1.12]]
{
@scale = 1.4, 1.4, 1.4
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[1.2*1.2*1.2]]
{
@scale = 1.5, 1.5, 1.5
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[1.6*1.6*1.6]]
{
@scale = 2, 2, 2
}

@MODEL:HAS[#scale[2.4*2.4*2.4]]
{
@scale = 3, 3, 3
}

@MODEL:HAS[~scale]
{
scale = 1.25, 1.25, 1.25
}
}

HTH!

I can confirm, EVERY part seems right to me :) BTW, just to make sure, did that need to be added to every .cfg or just to one?

I can confirm, EVERY part seems right to me :) BTW, just to make sure, did that need to be added to every .cfg or just to one?

It's an MM config. You add it to a separate new and empty cfg file somewhere in your Game Data folder. Module Manager finds it on load and uses it to apply the parameters written in it to each part included in the listed code. So no, general rule of thumb for MM cfgs like this - put them in a new txt file in the Game Data dir, then change its extension to cfg.

It's an MM config. You add it to a separate new and empty cfg file somewhere in your Game Data folder. Module Manager finds it on load and uses it to apply the parameters written in it to each part included in the listed code. So no, general rule of thumb for MM cfgs like this - put them in a new txt file in the Game Data dir, then change its extension to cfg.

Added this to my existing MM cfg, and everything seems to be working so far.

Just create a text file (ie KW_Scale_Fix.cfg) and copy-paste that text into it. ModuleManager will find and apply as needed.

KW seems to be working fine for me with the above fix (RSS, KW, RemoteTech, texture replacer + lots of other stuff) under linux_64.

Take your time and get well! Your mod is awesome, you are awesome, everything is awesome!
I was going to post something about how you should get better first, then work on the mod. Priorities and all that, but uuh... ^What he said^

I'm so confused, where do you put the file? I tried placing it in the gameData and it does not fix anything. I saved it as .CFG

Any idea on what i could be doing wrong?

What we are suggesting to you, of course assumes that you have your known file extensions shown at all time, via the Windows File options in the Organize menu that's on top of every open window.

Otherwise you would just be naming the file KW.cfg, but in reality that would be just its name "KW.cfg.txt". If you are unsure what I am talking about, try changing the name back to "KW". Then change it again to "KW.cfg".

If a warning window regarding the file extension pops up - it means you are doing it right. If nothing shows - it means you are not.

I take no credit for this file, or it's code, all I have done is save others the trouble of trying to make a working .cfg file. All credit goes to toadicus for the code and sandworm for the file name. Place this in your game data folder where MM is at. This is the part scale fix, aptly named KW_Scale_Fix.cfg

Mediafire link: https://www./?acqlb9y9r0c8ssi

If it makes things any simpler for anyone, here's a download link for the patch. No changes from the pasted version above, it's just already named correctly and doesn't make anyone use notepad. :)

http://ksp.hawkbats.com/dev/MMKWFix.cfg

Right-click and save as, click then right-click and save as, click then use some old-timey menu or something to save as, or however you like to download things.

EDIT: Look at me, sitting on a post for an hour and a half and missing that ejwith9953 has beat me to the punch! Don't I feel silly.

Edited by toadicus

Hello i have a big trouble since the last update , someone can helped me ?

For information , i reinstall the entire game and it's the only mod installed

read a few posts before yours, you need to use a modulemanager file for a fix.

If it makes things any simpler for anyone, here's a download link for the patch. No changes from the pasted version above, it's just already named correctly and doesn't make anyone use notepad. :)

Right-click and save as, click then right-click and save as, click then use some old-timey menu or something to save as, or however you like to download things.

EDIT: Look at me, sitting on a post for an hour and a half and missing that ejwith9953 has beat me to the punch! Don't I feel silly.

Great minds think alike :wink:

I felt bad for you, so I downloaded yours. It works. Many thanks!

Incidentally, anyone who finds that this fix does not work needs to update Module Manager to v2.5.1.

Edited by Frannington

I must be really dumb... MM is up to date, i downloaded the fix and put it in the Game Data folder... fairings still doesn't work properly.

It is hard to figure out how to help you. Two people made copies of the fix, you could try the other one. (Delete the first) Or you could go back a couple of pages and get the source code, make a new text file and paste. Save to your game data as a cfg file.

Normally I wouldn't ask but since you are having troubles, MM is Module Manager right? If so make sure you have 2.5.0 or later. You only need one copy and it goes into the game data folder as well. Don't put it in KWR folder.

Really it should work. Make sure you are exiting KSP and starting the program over again. Make sure your KW Rocketry is up to date. (I don't know that it matters but covering all the bases.)

Good luck.

I take no credit for this file, or it's code, all I have done is save others the trouble of trying to make a working .cfg file. All credit goes to toadicus for the code and sandworm for the file name. Place this in your game data folder where MM is at. This is the part scale fix, aptly named KW_Scale_Fix.cfg

Mediafire link: https://www./?acqlb9y9r0c8ssi

Thank you both for the fix!

It is hard to figure out how to help you. Two people made copies of the fix, you could try the other one. (Delete the first) Or you could go back a couple of pages and get the source code, make a new text file and paste. Save to your game data as a cfg file.

Normally I wouldn't ask but since you are having troubles, MM is Module Manager right? If so make sure you have 2.5.0 or later. You only need one copy and it goes into the game data folder as well. Don't put it in KWR folder.

Really it should work. Make sure you are exiting KSP and starting the program over again. Make sure your KW Rocketry is up to date. (I don't know that it matters but covering all the bases.)

Good luck.

I tried all of these, trust me. I think i'll just wait for KW to be patched...

And yeah, MM stands for Module Manager, and i have the lastest release.

Thanks for your help :)

Hey guys, I was just curious if there was a way to get this working with the newest version of ksp? I will be honest I pirated it and played it and it was great, particularly this mod, however the game finally went on sale so I forked over the dough, but now I have lost my fairings. ]': Also thanks to K and W for making such a really great mod as well.