[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Welcome to the Land of Legitimate Licencehood, LuvSicGrl! :)

If you look back a page, you'll find a couple of ModuleManager configs that kinda sorta make things almost work the way you expect, mostly. Even though KW is a mod I can't live without, I'm going to take a step back wait until the 0.25-compliant release. I'm seeing some quirkiness that isn't worth my time fighting. Kyle and Winston will get it sorted soon enough.

I found 2 things that aren't working in .25 (I'm using the MMconfigs):

1. Thrust limiter doesn't work on KW SRBs. Seems to work fine on stock engines. Haven't tested on KW LF engines yet

2. When I get to around 5km with KW parts on my rocket, my rockets spontaneously breaks apart. No collisions or explosions, every part just flies off in a different direction. I don't have confirmation that this is a KW issue yet as I haven't run it on a clean install.

I realize there may be other things going on right now, but it's 1am and I'm tired, so I'll do more testing in the morning and post an update.

Anyway here's a logfile

I found 2 things that aren't working in .25 (I'm using the MMconfigs):

1. Thrust limiter doesn't work on KW SRBs. Seems to work fine on stock engines. Haven't tested on KW LF engines yet

2. When I get to around 5km with KW parts on my rocket, my rockets spontaneously breaks apart. No collisions or explosions, every part just flies off in a different direction. I don't have confirmation that this is a KW issue yet as I haven't run it on a clean install.

I realize there may be other things going on right now, but it's 1am and I'm tired, so I'll do more testing in the morning and post an update.

Anyway here's a logfile

2) I have no such problem with my rockets. mind showing us your craft?

I'm not pushing of anything, but I was just wondering if Kickass is planning to add more features on top of the 0.25 fix, because what we got from you for 0.24 was absolutely amazing.

But I know you're unwell, so I'm not really expecting anything, just wanted to ask wether you'll add new content at all anywhere soon? Or wether you don't have plans for that?

Anyway here's a logfile

I'm getting similar problems, in two types:

2.1) Stock parts to make a small satellite (Stayputnik, FL-T100 tank) inside a 1,25m expended fairing (no side, just the cone) overheats and explodes - inside the fairing. This is with DRE. all other patrts have <200deg temps. this is somewhere not far above 5km, and it has no heat-generating parts attached, so the fairing isn't keeping this tank from DRE consideration.

2.2) Mid-launch my SA1-LFT (on top of a LV-909, below a 1,25m expanded base) simply disappears, though the Reflectron DP-10 stuck on its side is still there. Right-click does nothing, but when the stage is eventually activated the fuel is available. It blipped back into place a few seconds after stage acrtivation. First launch of that sat it then overheated (in space) after 30 seconds of the LV-909 burning, the second one didn't quite disassemble, but when I returned focus from Space Center the parts were spread out over ten meters though still considered a single craft.

I'm almost certain this is part alignment issues with the patch published earlier, though I can't afford to do much testing as I'm on Hard mode and my budget is stretched as it is... :P

Edited by lipatden

Can't wait to see the stable 0.25 release of this mod! I hope you feel better soon, kickasskyle, and thanks for this great mod! I love the new gigantic parts, they were just what I needed for getting my interstellar ships into orbit. Needless to say, any missions to Jool for the very least are grounded till I have my mega rockets back. :wink:

I'm getting similar problems, in two types:

2.1) Stock parts to make a small satellite (Stayputnik, FL-T100 tank) inside a 1,25m expended fairing (no side, just the cone) overheats and explodes - inside the fairing. This is with DRE. all other patrts have <200deg temps. this is somewhere not far above 5km, and it has no heat-generating parts attached, so the fairing isn't keeping this tank from DRE consideration.

2.2) Mid-launch my SA1-LFT (on top of a LV-909, below a 1,25m expanded base) simply disappears, though the Reflectron DP-10 stuck on its side is still there. Right-click does nothing, but when the stage is eventually activated the fuel is available. It blipped back into place a few seconds after stage acrtivation. First launch of that sat it then overheated (in space) after 30 seconds of the LV-909 burning, the second one didn't quite disassemble, but when I returned focus from Space Center the parts were spread out over ten meters though still considered a single craft.

I'm almost certain this is part alignment issues with the patch published earlier, though I can't afford to do much testing as I'm on Hard mode and my budget is stretched as it is... :P

And we're now entering bizarro-world...

1. From KSC select the pad, choose vehicle that fails on launch

2. SAS on, launch (throttle irrelevant, first stage is SRBs)

3. Kaboom!

4. Revert to launch

5. SAS on, launch (throttle irrelevant, first stage is SRBs)

6. What a nice orbit (no failures)

7. Go to KSC, jump to step 1.

Basically, any first launch directly from KSC exhibits the failure, launch without going back to KSC first is fine (haven't tested quickload). Never found this before as I'm on Hard mode so revert is not an option.

Hey, I built an unofficial patch for 0.25. It has the instant throttle patch applied to it, so I'm sorry if you like the vanilla functionality.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22777510/ksp/KWRocketry-2.6c-0.25.zip

Apologies if this doesn't follow distribution licensing, I made it out of what I had in my 0.24.2 GameData.

Read this:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

You must indicate if changes were made, you must give credit to the original creators and you must distribute it under the same license.

So,

I've gone through and fixed all the scale issues with KW Rocketry for the latest fix. I've got a few other things I need to before release.

But the main thing that I see holding it up is the 'economy check', I haven't had enough time to search the forums but does anyone know if anyone's got a list of any price changes .24 -> .25?

It looks like it'll be end of tomorrow that I'll try and get release up for, I've got some stuff to do when I get home tomorrow but I should be able to put in the last few bits and release it. Hopefully.

I gotta shoot off to sleep.

So,

I've gone through and fixed all the scale issues with KW Rocketry for the latest fix. I've got a few other things I need to before release.

But the main thing that I see holding it up is the 'economy check', I haven't had enough time to search the forums but does anyone know if anyone's got a list of any price changes .24 -> .25?

It looks like it'll be end of tomorrow that I'll try and get release up for, I've got some stuff to do when I get home tomorrow but I should be able to put in the last few bits and release it. Hopefully.

I gotta shoot off to sleep.

Looks like they didn't changed any prices for fuel tanks and engines. You might want to check entry costs, though (many modders didn't pay attention to these when they updated for 0.24); but be aware that entry costs for stock parts is way off ANY possible balance, to put it mildly (for example: NASA engines has the same entry cost - 64K)