[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

As a steam user, I didn't had the choice so I'm stuck with the .25 and waiting forward to the update.

Squad doesn't use Steam copy protection (in fact, it doesn't use any at all). You may make a copy of your KSP folder and place it anywhere. Actually, it's the best way to play KSP - keep Steam version as a "master" (disable auto-updates to prevent accidental loss of previous version), and use copies for actual play. You also can have multiple "builds" (i.e. stock, modded, RSS etc.)

Squad doesn't use Steam copy protection (in fact, it doesn't use any at all). You may make a copy of your KSP folder and place it anywhere. Actually, it's the best way to play KSP - keep Steam version as a "master" (disable auto-updates to prevent accidental loss of previous version), and use copies for actual play. You also can have multiple "builds" (i.e. stock, modded, RSS etc.)

after the first time of having my game vaped from under me I found exactly this method to play by. it works .. I have been playing 24.2 cooking new ideas until everything catches up to .25

btw Kickass I am just glad you are feeling better man. Love your work but the work is nothing if the designer is feelin like someones butt. Hope you recover well then do your magic .. cos then you can have fun doing it :-D

I have made a list with price changes Between 0.24 -> 0.25 http://pastebin.com/KFsD2kye

Does that take into account the entry cost? Because the actual part price was balanced for 0.24.2 (when they introduced the idea of actually purchasing things), the only thing that needed to be looked at was the entryCost i.e. the cost the tech tree shows. Some of those in 2.6c may be horribly unbalanced.. then again, stock isn't a great benchmark for balance.

V2.6d has been released!

see OP for DL's.

This version mainly fixes the scale issues and changes some of the entry costs, but there are also a few other minor fixes that I've applied.

I decided to delay implementing any soundscape changes and contracts stuff because it needed more testing than I was able to put in. I'll probably wrap them all up in their own mini update to be put out in the near future.

A word on entry costs. I came up with (what I thought was) a nice little pricing solution for engines/solids, the jist of it is the entry cost is that it's the combination of the 'tech level (1-9)' and the cost of the part itself (when available). I thought that was a good way of incorporating both the start up costs associated with producing & getting stuff setup initially and sort of a visible tech progression.

Some of the bigger engines get a bit pricey to unlock, but what's career mode without goals and things to aim for.

A counter to those prices is that fact that fuel part unlocks are half the cost of the actual part mainly because you wouldn't be paying for the inclusive fuel in your entry costs! At least that's how I see it.

Anyway we'll see how that goes down, have fun I'm off to bed.

V2.6d has been released!

see OP for DL's.

This version mainly fixes the scale issues and changes some of the entry costs, but there are also a few other minor fixes that I've applied.

I decided to delay implementing any soundscape changes and contracts stuff because it needed more testing than I was able to put in. I'll probably wrap them all up in their own mini update to be put out in the near future.

A word on entry costs. I came up with (what I thought was) a nice little pricing solution for engines/solids, the jist of it is the entry cost is that it's the combination of the 'tech level (1-9)' and the cost of the part itself (when available). I thought that was a good way of incorporating both the start up costs associated with producing & getting stuff setup initially and sort of a visible tech progression.

Some of the bigger engines get a bit pricey to unlock, but what's career mode without goals and things to aim for.

A counter to those prices is that fact that fuel part unlocks are half the cost of the actual part mainly because you wouldn't be paying for the inclusive fuel in your entry costs! At least that's how I see it.

Thanks for the update Kyle!

EDIT

A minor bug: reduced sounds for the launch clamps won't work as intended - they'll probably bug the game due to duplicated part names. You need to rename part.cfg to launchClamp1.cfg.

Edited by biohazard15

V2.6d has been released!

see OP for DL's.

u rock :-)