[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

for some reason i;am still geting scaling issues on some engines with this update anyone else? did a clean install and it;s still a no go i'am i missing something?

I just thought about it now, and I may have accidentally overlooked changing the scaling on the instant power response configs, I'll look into it when I get back home later. But I think that might be it.

I just thought about it now, and I may have accidentally overlooked changing the scaling on the instant power response configs, I'll look into it when I get back home later. But I think that might be it.

yeah i think thats it, i did use the instant power response configs did not check if otherwise anyway get to it when you get to it :) no hurry

Thanks so much for the update! Everything works perfectly. But the 5 m engines still are not scaled right and do not connect to the 5 m fuel tanks properly. Does anyone else notice this?

He forgot to update the instant throttle configs.

Reinstall KW without them or fix them by yourself.

Hey, I thought maybe you guys could take a look at this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71247-WIP-Plugin-Animation-Modules-alpha-v0-4-1

That and/or firespitter may be able to help you with a more fluid mechanism for handling the petal adapter. There's also TweakableEverything, which lets you enable and disable staging on parts (another good one to dig in the source). I don't know if it lets you stage multiple decouplers independently of each other if the modules are on the same part.

I keep getting the issue of my engines "floating" off of the fuel tanks. It's like the green connectors are placed too high off of the part. Any ideas to fix this? It's off a clean install with no other mods.

http://imgur.com/uOpT8Up

A clean install of 2.6d? Because I'm unable to replicate that after entirely deleting KWRocketry folder and installing 2.6d.

Kyle - you also need to rename the launch clamp cfg to 'launchClamp1.cfg' so it overwrites stock.

Should i wait downloading the mod, reading about some problems?

v2.6d2 should be coming very soon, it fixes the issues with the instant power response configs and the launch clamp sounds.

If you don't use either of those, it shouldn't be an issue.

*EDIT* This was a issue with Modular Fuel Tanks v5.2.0.0, Updating to v5.2.1 has fixed this issue.

I seem to be getting issues with the SA-1 LFT (KW_Fuel_1mL1),SA-2 LFT (KW_Fuel_1mL2), and SA-1 LFT Pancake (KW_Fuel_1mPancakeL0_5) fuel tank parts. (Unlocked in career mode)

Upon Reaching a altitude of of around 3800-5200m the 1mL1 and 1mL2 tanks explode, while the 1mPancake disappears and makes the camera go below the rocket. I built the rocket out of stock parts aside from the fuel tanks and I get similar results. The engine or any fuel boosters do not seem to matter. Monitoring the tanks just before explosion the ambient temp gets to exactly -35c and actual temp is around 80-90c. For temp threshhold testing after getting enough thrust I shutoff engines and coasted up to the problem altitude and still get the explosion with the L1 and L2 tanks, and invisible 1MPancake problems.

In my testing other parts I have access to currently in my career save, the SA-05 LFT (KW_Fuel_1mL0_5 is the cfg part name I believe) does not have any issues with 1 or more on a rocket.

I disabled DRE (Deadly Reentry) and still getting the same issue. I will do further testing now in sandbox and see if I can find any similar problems with other 1M Fueltanks.

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

*EDIT* This was a issue with Modular Fuel Tanks v5.2.0.0, Updating to v5.2.1 has fixed this issue.

Edited by Seikatsu
Found solution to problem and edited accordingly to help others who may run into this

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

This thread has advice for how to effectively get support. Your post was pretty good, but there's some other things that can be useful for people trying to help you, such as output_log.txt (as mentioned in the thread).

For what it's worth, I slapped together a quick tester (OKTO probe core, SA-1 LFT, and a LV-909) and launched it straight up with no problems. Did you flight log (accessible in-game by pressing F3) say exactly what happened when the tanks exploded?

Edited by ArcFurnace

This thread has advice for how to effectively get support. Your post was pretty good, but there's some other things that can be useful for people trying to help you, such as output_log.txt (as mentioned in the thread).

For what it's worth, I slapped together a quick tester (OKTO probe core, SA-1 LFT, and a LV-909) and launched it straight up with no problems. Did you flight log (accessible in-game by pressing F3) say exactly what happened when the tanks exploded?

*EDIT - This was a issue with Modular Fuel Tanks v5.2.0.0, Updating to v5.2.1 has fixed this issue.

Thanks Arc! I checked up on the flight log and nothing is listed when there is no explosion and the camera drops well below the rocket and the part goes invisible (chasing with the mouse zooming and hitting F3 i got a visual on the rocket and noticed that the fuel tanks were invisible). When sometimes an explosion says that it was from overheating and list the fuel tank as exploding first (yet no overheat warnings) and throws my max speed after explosion into the 6-7 digit range, sometimes the command pod survives.

After digging through the output_log.txt I found some exceptions thrown after the KWR fuel tanks loaded pointing to Modular Fuel Tanks. Reading the changelogs of Modular Fuel Tanks, updating and applying the new 5.2.1 version has fixed the issue.

I apologize for not reading the forums thoroughly enough to attain the knowledge to better troubleshoot and request support. I am new to the KSP modding scene but experienced in scripting and troubleshooting elsewhere. Thanks for taking time to help and point me in the right direction Arc. I really do appreciate it alot.

Edited by Seikatsu
Found solution to problem and edited accordingly to help others who may run into this