[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Just wondering if anyone can send me a link to where I can download the 'stock' KW craft files? I thought I had them before but can't find them anywhere now for the life of me.

Thanks in advance

RoBoC

They are in the form of Subassemblies now, included in the Extras folder.

Hey I am reading back trying to find out if there is a fix but all i am get is alot of engines alot are duplicate and im not seeing anything else. I checked the files they are all there.

I found i am getting all the other parts just getting duplicate of the 1st set of tanks and engines.

KSP version: 0.24.2

KW rocketry version: 2.6c

I was away from KSP for the last 6-8 months and when I got back, I downloaded the then latest version on offer, and spent 4-5 days sifting through all the awesome mods on offer.

One of my recent launches I realised that the SPS now uses Monoprop instead of the LFO and OX.

I've read about 10-12 pages on the thread with people having issues about the resource utilization and eventual fix in the latest update.

Here are a couple of things I'd like to know:

1. Has anybody been successful in editing the cfg file so that it goes back to using LFO and OX, but with the new exhaust effects?

2. Is there an advantage or a disadvantage to this switch to Monoprop use? In other words, does it still provide with the same dV as it did in its old configuration?

If the answer to 2 above is "No thrust and/or dV change" then I'll give up on the idea to edit the cfg. Back when it was a "normal" engine it would feature in 8 of the 10 rockets I'd build, so I heavily rely on the performance and efficiency of this engine.

I'll be away from my PC for sometime, so can't run these tests myself. I'd appreciate it if someone can reply to this.

I deleted a few crafts and copied the cfg from the new version into my persistance file for the rest. Now I can finally enjoy this amazing addon! Thanks guys! :D

Hello there,

Just so I get this right, you were able to load your old save in the new ksp. Did you by any chance fiddle with the sps engine so it runs on LFO and OX or did you leave it requiring Monoprop?

Thank you.

Edited by iFlyAllTheTime

I have a small request. Could the KW winglets get FAR config data? It'd not be a big task, but would be really great for FAR users, who'd then be able to use Bearcat Century winglets.

Bug report. InstantPowerResponseConfigs breaks things. It has wrong scale values, like
-scale = 1, 1, 1
+scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8

Look at that difference file: http://pastebin.com/MpLnqsYL, it even affects gimbals and jettison forces.

I'm assuming you're not using version "v2.6d2". I redid the IPR config files after forgetting to commit them on the previous release. The majority of the engines should now be at scale 1,1,1 sans a few outliers.

I have a small request. Could the KW winglets get FAR config data? It'd not be a big task, but would be really great for FAR users, who'd then be able to use Bearcat Century winglets.

I'll be honest, I'm not the best person to do this. I Haven't dabbled enough with the cfg workings of FAR to know how to works, but I'm sure someone else in this thread has an idea. Right, guys?

1. Has anybody been successful in editing the cfg file so that it goes back to using LFO and OX, but with the new exhaust effects?

2. Is there an advantage or a disadvantage to this switch to Monoprop use? In other words, does it still provide with the same dV as it did in its old configuration?

1 - terribly easy to do, I imagine. If all else fails, just copy over the relevant RESOURCE section from an older KW Rocketry config.

2, So far, I've noticed pretty much all disadvantages - compared to a similar sized LFO tank and a Poodle, the SPS is more expensive and gives less dV. I don't think I've even used it since it was changed to monoprop. Fair enough if K&W want it to be like that, but yeah.. I haven't seen an upside to it all. EDIT: To wit -

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Note the cost and dV in the Engineer box in the lower left. Granted, I do have Stock Rebalance installed which buffs the vacuum Isp of the Poodle slightly, but only from 390 to 410. At least it's lighter, I guess.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I'll be honest, I'm not the best person to do this. I Haven't dabbled enough with the cfg workings of FAR to know how to works, but I'm sure someone else in this thread has an idea. Right, guys?

Anyone can do it. The instructions are in the FAR Wiki. I wrote them with the help of Taverius and others in the FAR thread, and I had 0 experience in Blender or FAR configs. If I ever end up using these winglets and no one's gotten it done by then, I'll do it myself...

EDIT: To wit -

http://imgur.com/a/sX58J

Note the cost and dV in the Engineer box in the lower left. Granted, I do have Stock Rebalance installed which buffs the vacuum Isp of the Poodle slightly, but only from 390 to 410. At least it's lighter, I guess.

Uh...lower left? I don't see anything in the lower left of both the images. Also, your poodle looks different than stock. Is that a result of Stock Rebalance?

@kickasskyle can you please let me know which textures I need to load for the RCS tanks? I batch file in parts I need to keep memory usage low, and now that everything is all in one unified fuel folder I'm trying to figure out what goes with what. the textures aren't listed in the .cfg file, just the model

Edit - nevermind, I see this KW1mRCSfuel in \KW_Universal_Tanks is a completely different model than what I was originally using from \KWRCSfuel. I just put the old part back into the newer release. Not sure if you left it out intentionally or not, and also not sure why you had two parts with the same name...

Edited by Gaiiden

1 - terribly easy to do, I imagine. If all else fails, just copy over the relevant RESOURCE section from an older KW Rocketry config.

2, So far, I've noticed pretty much all disadvantages - compared to a similar sized LFO tank and a Poodle, the SPS is more expensive and gives less dV. I don't think I've even used it since it was changed to monoprop. Fair enough if K&W want it to be like that, but yeah.. I haven't seen an upside to it all. EDIT: To wit -

http://imgur.com/a/sX58J

Ooooh yeeeaaahhh!

I got it to work. Edited the cfg, pretty easy actually.

Now I'm off to build some spacecrafts!

Hi, I just wondered if I could run this version on 0.24 KSP version. I got some mods on KSP 0.24 that wont work on 0.25, so do this mod work on 0.24? Outer wise, could someone send a link to the 0.24 version of this mod?

Thanks.

Hi, I just wondered if I could run this version on 0.24 KSP version. I got some mods on KSP 0.24 that wont work on 0.25, so do this mod work on 0.24? Outer wise, could someone send a link to the 0.24 version of this mod?

Thanks.

It's a part-only mod, so it should work without any problems.

Uh...lower left? I don't see anything in the lower left of both the images. Also, your poodle looks different than stock. Is that a result of Stock Rebalance?

The grey Vessel box on the edge of the screen to the right of the CoM/CoT/CoL etc... Also, yeah, the Poodle retexture is courtesy of blackheart and the 1m engines (aerospike, jet, LV-T30/45/N etc) are from Ven's Stock Part Revamp.

Thanks.

You can download old versions by clicking "Files" at the top of the Curse page or "Changelog" on Kerbalstuff; 2.6c is the one you'll want for 0.24.

Hello there,

Seems I've an odd issue with your add-on... When I place standard engines, it's working fine, if I put a KW rocketry engine, it do not detect it's connected to a command unit so it show no power... And then if I try to put again a standard engine, same issues... But it were working fine first... What's this issue related to ?

Kind regards.

Hi Winston and KAKyle,

Whilst enjoying KWR (latest 2.6d2) I noted that the 3.75m docking port is only set for size2 nodes (both for stack_node and for docking) rather than size3 like the NASA/ARM/3.75m parts?

Would it be causing lower joint strength after the 0.23.5/ARM adjustments to how joint strength works (would FAR also think there's a size mismatch i.e. a 2.5m part attached to a 3.75m part)?

Best regards,

NMB.