[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I don't really know anything about sound design, I just get an idea of what I'd like an engine to sound like and then take audio from movies, actual rocket launches, TV shows, documentaries and those sound effect websites and then try to piece them together and layer them to create something that fits.

For the Griffon XX, as far as I can remember, I used the sound of a drone crashing and exploding from the movie Oblivion, a couple of sounds from The Hobbit, including Gandalf casting a spell of some sort, some other things I can't remember and several rocket loop sounds in the background fading in/out as needed. The Griffon Century has a lot of stuff in it, from Game of Thrones wildfire to space shuttle launches and a T-Rex roar from Jurassic Park.

I can't claim any credit for the individual bits of sound used, all I do is collect hundreds of different sounds from a large variety of sources and edit them together to the best of my meagre Audacity ability.

Interesting...I will take these steps under advisement.

(btw sorry I was actually talking about the Century (the white Saturn V 5m cluster with 5 giant engines.)

KW has been one of those staple mods for me, so thank you Kyle and Winston for creating this awesome collection of parts :)

Completely/mostly off topic though, in the presentation video during the launch of Saturn-like, there's a shockwave effect going off, is that a stock effect? FAR?

never mind, as winston said on youtube: "just something I painted in photoshop and slapped over the footage in premiere with a few movement, scale, rotation and opacity keyframes"

Edited by Ledenko

I don't really know anything about sound design, I just get an idea of what I'd like an engine to sound like and then take audio from movies, actual rocket launches, TV shows, documentaries and those sound effect websites and then try to piece them together and layer them to create something that fits.

For the Griffon XX, as far as I can remember, I used the sound of a drone crashing and exploding from the movie Oblivion, a couple of sounds from The Hobbit, including Gandalf casting a spell of some sort, some other things I can't remember and several rocket loop sounds in the background fading in/out as needed. The Griffon Century has a lot of stuff in it, from Game of Thrones wildfire to space shuttle launches and a T-Rex roar from Jurassic Park.

I can't claim any credit for the individual bits of sound used, all I do is collect hundreds of different sounds from a large variety of sources and edit them together to the best of my meagre Audacity ability.

Now you absolutely have to add an ion engine that uses the sound of a trumpeting elephant.

Found a funny issue with KW - when placing any engine as a first element in VAB/SPH, the attachment nodes are shifted a bit. It's OK when the engine is not a first element. The tanks are totally OK.

Found a funny issue with KW - when placing any engine as a first element in VAB/SPH, the attachment nodes are shifted a bit. It's OK when the engine is not a first element. The tanks are totally OK.

The easiest fix for that is to not do that. Seriously, why would you ever need an engine (but not the tank above it) as the root part? Honestly curious.

(If you're interested, the reason this happens is because of a change in 0.25 that "fixed a bug with rescaleFactor parameter in part.cfg when a MODEL node was used". The nodes aren't off, the engine is just scaled.smaller)

Question: Do the Engines not have fairings anymore? Whenever I attach an engine followed by a decoupler there is no engine shroud.

The auto-fairings on the engines work fine for me, did you accidentally override the default mod with the "no auto-shroud" extra?

Also, if you happened to tinker with the parts to reduce your part list size, did you remove the fairings folder. It contains the models for the auto-shrouds in the UnifiedFairings sub-directory.

Also, if you happened to tinker with the parts to reduce your part list size, did you remove the fairings folder. It contains the models for the auto-shrouds in the UnifiedFairings sub-directory.

That I did. Didn't realize that was the case. I'll have to go back and figure out which bit I need to put back in. Thank you.

Why are my attached nodes for the KW engines all screwed up??? See the screen capture. The attach points are floating a good two meters above the engine so they are floating in space when I attach them????

I am getting this for every single kw engine part???

sYzgY0l.png

1sE2F2A.png

Edited by ctbram

Do you have the latest version? The way KSP interprets part scaling changed between .24 and .25, so everything had to be adjusted.

yes I have 2.6d2 from kerbalstuff. I also have a good number of other mods and all of them are attaching just fine. It appears only kw rocketry part attached nodes are borked??? I filtered only kw parts and selecting every single engine the attach node is floating a good distance above the top of the part so when attached it appears to be floating.

Edited by ctbram

yes I have 2.6d2 from kerbalstuff. I also have a good number of other mods and all of them are attaching just fine. It appears only kw rocketry part attached nodes are borked??? I filtered only kw parts and selecting every single engine the attach node is floating a good distance above the top of the part so when attached it appears to be floating.

This was a problem before the .25 update was released. Are you sure you've completely removed the old version of KWR?

I sure did but I will try it again. I was about to start a new game. As far as I know there is a single folder "KWRocketry". I will completely delete it and reinstall.

I have a metric butt ton of mods and I am hoping it's not a conflict with something like tweakscale or hotrockets or one of the other mods.

S$#%%%! Nope reinstalling does not fix it every engine is offset floating in space.

YIFBVq8.png

Must be a conflict with another mod. I will have to do a binary search to identify it unless someone else has already discovered what causes this and save me half a day of trying to track it down. The entire mod is useless to me if all the parts do not fit correctly.

Edited by ctbram

I sure did but I will try it again. I was about to start a new game. As far as I know there is a single folder "KWRocketry". I will completely delete it and reinstall.

I have a metric butt ton of mods and I am hoping it's not a conflict with something like tweakscale or hotrockets or one of the other mods.

S$#%%%! Nope reinstalling does not fix it every engine is offset floating in space.

http://i.imgur.com/YIFBVq8.png

Must be a conflict with another mod. I will have to do a binary search to identify it unless someone else has already discovered what causes this and save me half a day of trying to track it down. The entire mod is useless to me if all the parts do not fit correctly.

Really? Huh. I tried re-installing it, and that fixed it for me earlier. Don't know what it would be then...

Really? Huh. I tried re-installing it, and that fixed it for me earlier. Don't know what it would be then...

I had an addon called addoncontroller. I removed this addon and the attach nodes for kwrocket were corrected. I still have some that are off though. The KMS shrouds and the squad turbojet. I am thinking of adding the nodehelper mod and just fixing them as needed since it seems not all mods have adjusted properly for the node changes in 0.25. I just hate adding yet another mod. lol

I had an addon called addoncontroller. I removed this addon and the attach nodes for kwrocket were corrected. I still have some that are off though. The KMS shrouds and the squad turbojet. I am thinking of adding the nodehelper mod and just fixing them as needed since it seems not all mods have adjusted properly for the node changes in 0.25. I just hate adding yet another mod. lol

I've had the same problem and removing addon controller fixed it for me too, thanks :D

I love this mod so much! Definitely my favorite. I'm loving the 5 meter additions! That being said, I have a suggestion/request: I feel like the 5M tier is lacking a high Isp orbital engine like all the other tiers. The Titan V has too much thrust and it too heavy when I want to push a REALLY BIG payload (entire Mun bass in one shot?) past LKO. I've experimented with putting a Wildcat XR inside the fairing, and I guess I could tweakscale it to 5m, but I really don't like doing either of those mainly because of the overall length of the Wildcat. My thinking is to take the Titan V and break it down to two (or one) J2 analogs. Thanks for this mod and keep it up!

I've had the same problem and removing addon controller fixed it for me too, thanks :D

First, I would have appreciated it if you would have notified me in my thread for Addon Controller. If I don't know about bugs, I can't fix them.

Secondly, I just installed KW Rocketry to a clean install with Addon Controller, but I do not see this issue happening at all.

I do not do any changes to any parts, so I can't see how Addon Controller could possibly affect KW Rocketry, which is a part pack.

What version of Addon Controller did you have, and did you toggle any mods while using it and having this issue?

KickAssKyle, Thankyou for the great mod! I have been using KW in every install I have had of KSP for close to 2 years!

I must say that I miss the 3.75m orange tank, like the one I used in for the main body of the craft in this pic:

Q40f4B9.jpg

I would really like a copy of that texture so that I could use it as a procedural tank texture only for my own personal use. I still have a .23.5 install on my PC with the KW 2.5.6B installed that has that part. However I did not see a .png or a .tga file that I could open that looked anything like that tank in that Gamedate/KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW3mtankL4ALT folder. Would you be so kind as to either make that texture available to download or to help me figure out how to extract the texture from the old install?

Hey, did you ever get it working right? Mine is sorta doing the same thing, but even the bases are off for me too, where the halves overlap when using the correct sizing.

KickAssKyle, Thankyou for the great mod! I have been using KW in every install I have had of KSP for close to 2 years!

I must say that I miss the 3.75m orange tank, like the one I used in for the main body of the craft in this pic:

I would really like a copy of that texture so that I could use it as a procedural tank texture only for my own personal use. I still have a .23.5 install on my PC with the KW 2.5.6B installed that has that part. However I did not see a .png or a .tga file that I could open that looked anything like that tank in that Gamedate/KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW3mtankL4ALT folder. Would you be so kind as to either make that texture available to download or to help me figure out how to extract the texture from the old install?

http://puu.sh/d40Lb/c358723ac6.rar

The specular maps are contained within the alpha channel of the main texture. I can't remember how procedural handles textures though.

Stuff in the KW folder is generally finally exported as .mbm though, which is why you find anything, you can convert it but without some superPNG tweaking it'd look half transparent.