[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Went a couple pages back, didn't see this. Anyone else having a problem with the fairing bases shrinking down once you attach them to the rocket? I can't seem to get them to stay at their correct sizes. No matter what size I choose for my rocket, they all end up, basically, shrink-wrapping the rocket where I attach it.

Went a couple pages back, didn't see this. Anyone else having a problem with the fairing bases shrinking down once you attach them to the rocket? I can't seem to get them to stay at their correct sizes. No matter what size I choose for my rocket, they all end up, basically, shrink-wrapping the rocket where I attach it.

Update to the newest version.

I just updated again, it didn't help. Still shrinking on me.

SOLVED - Nevermind it was Tweak Scale. Some guy on reddit had the same problem. Deleted it and the KW parts were fine.

I can confirm this is a TweakScale issue. I too update TweakScale to v1.47 a few days ago and ran into this exact same problem. After reverting back to an older version I fortunately still had the problem was gone.

Some things I've been meaning to ask K&W for a while but have just been reminded about:

1, why use a negative ejection force on the fairings? Is it due to the way they're assembled?

2, what's with the extra node in the fairing bases? One decouple node on top, one attach node on the bottom and one just slightly above the bottom for... reasons.

Some things I've been meaning to ask K&W for a while but have just been reminded about:

1, why use a negative ejection force on the fairings? Is it due to the way they're assembled?

2, what's with the extra node in the fairing bases? One decouple node on top, one attach node on the bottom and one just slightly above the bottom for... reasons.

1. Yeah, if you reversed it they'd collapse inwards, we could probably fix it to be "positive" if we dicked around. But "if it ain't broke" and all that.

2. It's just there for the sake of squeezing out as much height as possible if you have a relatively \ / conical 'rear end' to your fairing load.

1. Yeah, if you reversed it they'd collapse inwards, we could probably fix it to be "positive" if we dicked around. But "if it ain't broke" and all that.

2. It's just there for the sake of squeezing out as much height as possible if you have a relatively \ / conical 'rear end' to your fairing load.

1, Fair enough. It just seems to mess with other things that target decouplers (TweakableEverything and Claws Bug Fixes are two that spring to mind) so making them positive would mean more compatibility with other things, but otherwise, yeah, it ain't broke.

2, Oh, so I can attach payloads to it? Guh.. the amount of times I've had to add on an extra layer of fairings because my payload was just that little bit too tall...

Thanks for the reply :)

1, Fair enough. It just seems to mess with other things that target decouplers (TweakableEverything and Claws Bug Fixes are two that spring to mind) so making them positive would mean more compatibility with other things, but otherwise, yeah, it ain't broke.

2, Oh, so I can attach payloads to it? Guh.. the amount of times I've had to add on an extra layer of fairings because my payload was just that little bit too tall...

Thanks for the reply :)

I think you are doing something wrong, or some other mod is bugging it, I don't have any problem with KW.

I think you are doing something wrong, or some other mod is bugging it, I don't have any problem with KW.

Uh, yeah, that's what I said..

It just seems to mess with other things that target decouplers (TweakableEverything and Claws Bug Fixes are two that spring to mind)

I'm fully aware that another mod is breaking them, but it only breaks KWR ones, not pFairings, not stock decouplers, just KWR - and that's because they use a negative ejection force. If I did not have whatever mod is breaking them, I too would not have a problem.

There's still a 3.75 to 5m interstate fairing right? I can't seem to find mine... Didn't delete anything I don't think...

Wait I found it lol. I had deleted all the fuel tanks cause I was using procedural tanks and apparently it was in the fuel tanks folder.

Edited by kanelives

Heads up to the author of this [totally awesome] mod: Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm installing v2.6d2 for my new career in KSP v0.25. The install is intended to run on Linux x64, but I am performing the downloads and mod installs in Windows 7 x64.

The decompress process (whether I Extract All in place, copy and paste out of it, or any other method) generates Error 0x80004005 for file KW2mengineSPS8bit.mbm, and I am forced to Skip this file. A google search yields this mod's github, and suggests to me that this file is supposed to reside in the KWRocketry\Parts\Engines\2mSPS folder, and I can confirm that this file is indeed situated where it's supposed to be within the downloaded zipfile from KStuff.

There was no workaround that worked, even after re-downloading the file. However, I was able to use the Mega alternate download, and that one decompressed without a problem. (I'm aware of the correct install procedure, and how the filename includes the explicit advice not to simply extract the zipfile.) Might wanna check the file on KStuff to see if it's been corrupted somehow.

Otherwise, thanks for the great mod!

Edited by MisterFister

I'm having the same issue, but only when I install the InstantPowerResponseConfigs and I don't have AddonController installed. Both the game and the mod is updated and I uninstalled and reinstalled 3-4 times.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Heads up to the author of this [toally awesome] mod: Has anyone else run into this problem? I'm installing v2.6d2 for my new career in KSP v0.25. The install is intended to run on Linux x64, but I am performing the downloads and mod installs in Windows 7 x64.

There's the reason it doesn't work. The Win64 version of KSP is horribly unstable and will can cause a lot of errors that (seemingly) don't have a reason.

Of course, there might be some other obscure reason, but my best guess is that the x64 build is the culprit.

There's the reason it doesn't work. The Win64 version of KSP is horribly unstable and will can cause a lot of errors that (seemingly) don't have a reason.

Of course, there might be some other obscure reason, but my best guess is that the x64 build is the culprit.

But it doesn't look like he's running the game on Windows, so that can't be it. Downloading and installing on Windows shouldn't make a difference.

But it doesn't look like he's running the game on Windows, so that can't be it. Downloading and installing on Windows shouldn't make a difference.

It said right in his post that he was using the Windows 64 bit build, I even highlighted that part.

It said right in his post that he was using the Windows 64 bit build, I even highlighted that part.

Uh, that's the operating system being used. Read the rest of his post, talking about issues unzipping files... (100% unrelated to KSP.exe, x64 or x86)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Well... yeah... but please read the first half of the sentence you highlighted.

... I'm installing v2.6d2 for my new career in KSP v0.25. The install is intended to run on Linux x64, but I am performing the downloads and mod installs in Windows 7 x64.

I apologize for not being clearer with my request for help. I am not installing the files to be used within Windows x64. I am physically moving and copying and placing my files on my hard drive from within Windows x64. I have no intent to run any of these mods until after I shut down my system and move over to my Linux install. This was a file decompression error, possibly due to a minorly corrupted filepack on the server end, who knows. I was able to work around the problem by downloading the zipfile from a separate source.

Edited by MisterFister
Further clarification

Well... yeah... but please read the first half of the sentence you highlighted.

I apologize for not being clearer with my request for help. I am not installing the files to be used within Windows x64. I am physically moving and copying and placing my files on my hard drive from within Windows x64. I have no intent to run any of these mods until after I shut down my system and move over to my Linux install. This was a file decompression error, possibly due to a minorly corrupted filepack on the server end, who knows. I was able to work around the problem by downloading the zipfile from a separate source.

Oh, I thought you meant that the game threw an error when it decompressed the textures for loading. Sorry, I have no idea what causes that.

I cant seem to get the Inter-stage pieces to work. It appears that the top node on the part blocks it from detaching from the craft when staged. When I connect the part, I use the top of the bottom two nodes. Is there a fix or am I doing something wrong?

I cant seem to get the Inter-stage pieces to work. It appears that the top node on the part blocks it from detaching from the craft when staged. When I connect the part, I use the top of the bottom two nodes. Is there a fix or am I doing something wrong?

The top node at the open end mates with a hidden node in the top of the KW engines. I know that node decouples, but I've had the same problem with the inside bottom. Someone did a ModuleManager config, probably in this thread somewhere, to add the extra top node to the stock engines. That's how I've been using the interstages.

Hey - I love this mod, but i would like to ask, is there a particular reason you placed the 2.5m cone fairing(regular) in the flightcontrol tech response, while the rest of the 2.5m fairing stuff is in supersonic flight? I changed it due to me being OCD, but i get a feeling that it wasn't intentional, since it's functionally useless till you get to that point anyways.

had me thinking i was missing parts for a while.

Current version is crashing 0.25

What would you need to debug this?

Some more information:

Windows 7 64 bit

16 gig of memory

KSP hits about 3.5 gig when loading

Running 32 bit KSP

I removed all other mods, and it loaded correctly.

After doing extensive testing, I think this is related to running out of memory.

bummer. I'll try the Active Texture management mod to see if that helps. Otherwise, I'll just have to wait until the 64 bit version is stable.

Update: It was memory, Active Texture Management reduced the memory usage (even with more mods) to about 2.5 gig.

Sorry to bother you. Hope this report helps someone else.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer
More info