[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

It would be nice for KW to include a few tweaks to the stock engines so that we can use the KW parts (like interstages) with the stock engines if we so desire.

Edit:

Or maybe that'd be better as a separate mod, so KW Rocketry isn't forcing changes upon others that may have unknown consequences.

There's a ModuleManager patch somewhere in this thread that adds the extra top node to the stock engines. I have it installed but I didn't keep a link to the post where I got it.

There's a ModuleManager patch somewhere in this thread that adds the extra top node to the stock engines. I have it installed but I didn't keep a link to the post where I got it.

Found it! Thanks for the clue, I kinda like the KW interstages and I like Vens Revamp engines more than KWR ones (heresy, I know).

Hello!

I made a quick MM patch to allow the interstage fairings to work with the stock engines (those that are stack-attachable). No more ugly stock engine shrouds that don't fit the diameter of the rocket!

I have dropped the patch to pastebin here.

I hope this doesn't violate any license. Do whatever you want with this patch.

I have also made similar patches for the 3 HGR rockets and Near Future Propulsion and I'm going to post those, too, if someone is interested. Actually, it's very easy to make them.

Have fun!

Is there any news on when this will be made compatible with 0.90? Or is it already Fully working without bugs in 0.90?

As far as I can tell everything seems to be working, which makes sense because this is just a parts mod. As a measure of good maintenance the part categories should be updated but that might not even be noticeable since KSP can automatically sort the old "Propulsion" category into fuel tanks and engines.

Is it just me or are the SRBs not behaving correctly in.90? For some reason I cant get their Thrust Limiter to go below 50%, and this limits my design options saddly. This makes things even worse when I'm using KIDS to force my ships a little larger (negating FAR for one) and I need to get that thrust below 50% on certain designs. Stock SRBs work fine though, and the S1 is nice, just doesnt have the sound the KW ones do.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE update to 0.90!

It doesn't need updating, it works perfectly fine. You can go right ahead and copy over the KWRocketry folder from your 0.25 install to you 0.90 one with no fear of problems.

Fr future reference, part mods like this that don't rely on plugins are very resilient to version changes - functionally, they're no different to stock parts. Granted, sometimes they might not be balanced well, but they still work just fine.

It doesn't need updating, it works perfectly fine. You can go right ahead and copy over the KWRocketry folder from your 0.25 install to you 0.90 one with no fear of problems.

Fr future reference, part mods like this that don't rely on plugins are very resilient to version changes - functionally, they're no different to stock parts. Granted, sometimes they might not be balanced well, but they still work just fine.

It doesn't seem to be working for me. The game crashes after a few minutes. It seems to run fine while its running, no glitches. But the crashing is frequent and only occurs with KWRocketery installed.

Working fine my end, so yeah, it's a problem on yours. Please see the How To Get Support sticky if you'd like further help (but my guess is that you're running out of memory).

oh thanks for the thread.It seems KSP mac only utilises around 3GB of ram being a 32bit application. So the 12GB i have installed makes no difference. And apparently the 64bit Windows version has some issues. What does everyone commonly use ?, since the win 32bit is fairly limited in the same way.

What does everyone commonly use ?

On Windows my best experience by far is to use the 32-bit version in OpenGL mode (with a switch on the shortcut that disables the window frame). In this mode you literally save over a gig of RAM and can go mod crazy. The performance is the same and the stability is far superior. I can run KSP for around 36 hours before it crashes.

I don't know what the Mac version of open GL is called but see if you have a switch in your KSP video settings for... I think it's "full screen". non-full screen would be open GL for windows.

Good luck

On Windows my best experience by far is to use the 32-bit version in OpenGL mode (with a switch on the shortcut that disables the window frame). In this mode you literally save over a gig of RAM and can go mod crazy. The performance is the same and the stability is far superior. I can run KSP for around 36 hours before it crashes.

I don't know what the Mac version of open GL is called but see if you have a switch in your KSP video settings for... I think it's "full screen". non-full screen would be open GL for windows.

Good luck

Microsoft hasn't released DirectX for non-Windows platforms, so 3D on OS X and Linux is always OpenGL by necessity. I run on OS X Yosemite with the standard full-screen mode (on OS X, it uses the OS full-screen feature that gives the full-screen window its own virtual desktop). Memory usage with my ATM settings is in the 3.2 to 3.5 range, and I've been putting up with an out-of-memory after about two hours because cutting any further would be more painful for me than the crashes.

The performance is the same

In my experience, the performance in OpenGL mode is somewhat lower. With my previous graphics card (Radeon 4890), it was literally half the FPS of DirectX mode. The difference may be less pronounced on nVidia GPUs as they tend to have better OpenGL performance.

Microsoft hasn't released DirectX for non-Windows platforms, so 3D on OS X and Linux is always OpenGL by necessity. I run on OS X Yosemite with the standard full-screen mode (on OS X, it uses the OS full-screen feature that gives the full-screen window its own virtual desktop). Memory usage with my ATM settings is in the 3.2 to 3.5 range, and I've been putting up with an out-of-memory after about two hours because cutting any further would be more painful for me than the crashes.

oh dam, ive been running windowed, since at 1080p it just looks better. I will attempt fullscreen. so in full screen mode, having its virtual desktop, allocates more ram ?