[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Every time I come to check the forums I see so much rudeness so I just had to say something!

Unfortunately this rudeness is kind of natural, people are always inclined to hate newbies, wherever they are. I think asking people to change won't work, you just got to be polite and hope for the best.

Cool YT channel you got there by the way.

I'm going to take a look at all the balance things once my exams end, but until then you'll have to sit tight. Should be around the 12th or so next month.

Anyway, this is what the author said, if everything is going as planned the mod should be updated within a week (since he posted it in April and "next month" should be May which happens to be this month).

Could you have the SPS use LOX again and perhaps make a new one for monoprop? Or the other way around.

I made a version using LOX for 0.25 just by copying old sound, emissive, and other bits needed to make it back to a LF/LOX engine. I can fork the cfg but I can in no way promise it'll work with 1.0.2 since it was made for use in 0.25.

Uploaded it to dropbox. Here's the download link! Be sure to read the comment in the archive! Hope this works for you!

Many thanks to greystork for the temporary update, I know the engines are are a bit on the OP side compared to stock but it's more about aesthetics

best of luck with your exams Kickasskyle

Many thanks to greystork for the temporary update, I know the engines are are a bit on the OP side compared to stock but it's more about aesthetics

best of luck with your exams Kickasskyle

is anyone officially working on this for 1.0.2

is anyone officially working on this for 1.0.2
I'm going to take a look at all the balance things once my exams end, but until then you'll have to sit tight. Should be around the 12th or so next month.

The mod creator is on the job. With some luck we may hear of any plans soon.

The mod creator is on the job. With some luck we may hear of any plans soon.

We have the node stuff fixed but the rebalancing is going to take some more thought and testing.

Winston, I should also point out that due the changes in aero, your part-based fairings no longer properly occlude drag for payloads, as ModuleCargoBay doesn't recognize panel decoupling/jettisoning as an event for updating drag occlusion.

You may need to wait for a special plugin to fix that issue, or drop support for part-based fairing altogether.

I found out that my rocket flipping issues were being caused whenever I use any KWRocketry engine, which really sucks because the boosters are really useful. Hope to see an update very soon, it's hard to play ksp without kwrocketry.

Winston, I should also point out that due the changes in aero, your part-based fairings no longer properly occlude drag for payloads, as ModuleCargoBay doesn't recognize panel decoupling/jettisoning as an event for updating drag occlusion.

You may need to wait for a special plugin to fix that issue, or drop support for part-based fairing altogether.

Yeah, the KW fairings do not work in stock - but they DO work in FAR, it seems from my tests. Kyle and Winston, if you do decide to replace the fairings with another system, please keep the current fairings available - they're much nicer than the stock system.

I'd keep them around for those of us using FAR.

I'm going to keep them around for that reason. I'll probably bump them into the extras folder.

It surprised me that squads execution of procedural fairings turned out to be worse than original community made one. But regardless I'm going to have a mess around with the stock fairing system and see if I can do anything meaningful with it. It probably wont look that pretty, considering the massive abhorrent texture tile shredding that I noticed during use.

The ideal fairing system (for me) is pretty much going to be what Sumghai is planning to do anyway, procedural fairings that limit you to reasonable proportions.

I'm going to keep them around for that reason. I'll probably bump them into the extras folder.

It surprised me that squads execution of procedural fairings turned out to be worse than original community made one. But regardless I'm going to have a mess around with the stock fairing system and see if I can do anything meaningful with it. It probably wont look that pretty, considering the massive abhorrent texture tile shredding that I noticed during use.

The ideal fairing system (for me) is pretty much going to be what Sumghai is planning to do anyway, procedural fairings that limit you to reasonable proportions.

That is a shame, KW fairings were the nicest and most realistic looking of all

Take a look at what Frizznak did with the FASA fairings. They still separate potato chip style but they don't look bad.

And while this suggestion might work if you use only one un-updated broken mod, it will break all the mods that have been updated to work with 1.0, because their nodes have been fixed. So this is not a solution, that can be recommended to anyone using other mods too.

OK explain to me how disabling strict part placement breaks ANY mod? I think you misunderstood what I said to do! That's like saying putting infinite fuel on will break mods!?

- - - Updated - - -

Cool YT channel you got there by the way..

Hey thanks!:blush:

Take a look at what Frizznak did with the FASA fairings. They still separate potato chip style but they don't look bad.

Like I said, I'd play around with it. It's just stock fairing module has problems with issues like texture warping all over (note the strip of super squashed texture)

6KkYPsI.png.

I kind of like being able to make ridiculous fairings. Maybe Squad made them that way for those of us who occasionally like to goof around and make ridiculous rockets. :) Nothing quite as funny as some monstrosity fairing blowing up into little bits and revealing another monster. :)