[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I close the games and delete KW and re-run KSP. This times everything work well so I stoppend the game and reinstall the mod but once again the problem occured.

I'm just a player who doesn't understand the "internals" operating mod so all I can do is to show you when all things seems to stopped.

Can anyones help me please? thanks

This happens to some people (including me). Try going into GameData/KWRocketry/Aero and delete all folders with a "NoseCone" in it + 150mSRBTop folder (just leave the Fins). Then try launching the game again.

Look at the DRE thread...Starwaster has posted an updated KW .cfg that fixes the startup hangs.

Or the thing posted bellow :)

Edited by Ald

Thats a shame your fairings where literally the best in the game, its a shame we have to lose them, hopefully some smart cookie will figure out how to get them working again and save us from procedural

yep, it's great to have the new KW procedural fairings because I missed using the expanded bases, but if anyone finds a solution for using the old style ones with the new drag model I'd go back to them because of the better separation.

Another issue, the engines always have their heat glow, in VAB after placing and ingame. Or is it just me? Weird nobody noted it until now, since it also occured in a otherwise vanilla install.

Did you copy across the other folder in the download? ModuleEmissive something.

Finally! I can get some serious spacecraft built and flying now. :cool:

Edited by Jack Wolfe

There's something a little wonky with your emissives setup I think. All the engines glow in the VAB! Shots of a couple:

a8L8F2al.png

Qe2WQxR.png

I haven't tried them all but that's 4 now that all do the same :3

Hi there.

KW_Fairing_ExpandingWall5m.mu and KW_Fairing_ExpandingCone5m.mu files are missing in v2.7 package (downloaded from Kerbalstuff). They should be in KWRocketry/Parts/Fairings/UnifiedFairings5m/ but I can't find them anywhere, neither in core, nor in extras, even though expanded base is there, and cfg files for 5m cone and wall are there too; so I believe they are not left out intentionally (I've tested them with .mu files from v2.6, they work as expected).

There's something a little wonky with your emissives setup I think. All the engines glow in the VAB! Shots of a couple:

http://imgur.com/a8L8F2al.png

http://i.imgur.com/Qe2WQxR.png

I haven't tried them all but that's 4 now that all do the same :3

Did you install the ModuleAnimateEmissive folder in GameData?

Hi there.

KW_Fairing_ExpandingWall5m.mu and KW_Fairing_ExpandingCone5m.mu files are missing in v2.7 package (downloaded from Kerbalstuff). They should be in KWRocketry/Parts/Fairings/UnifiedFairings5m/ but I can't find them anywhere, neither in core, nor in extras, even though expanded base is there, and cfg files for 5m cone and wall are there too; so I believe they are not left out intentionally (I've tested them with .mu files from v2.6, they work as expected).

Thanks for this.

Kyle must have missed them out somehow when he set up the new procedural fairings.

I have to sleep now but I will look into fixing that tomorrow.

Something different, does someone else doesn't have any engine gimbaling? They turn the ship just fine, but there is no animation.

I have the same problem with glowing enginee in the VAB. Install via Ckan.

Check KSPs gamedata folder, is there a 'ModuleAnimateEmissive'? Maybe the Ckan installation has some stuff missing.

Something different, does someone else doesn't have any engine gimbaling? They turn the ship just fine, but there is no animation.

Thrust vectoring animation is something we never actually added.

The way I modelled most of the engines it would have been impossible to have them animate correctly without basically remodelling them all, so we ended up sticking with static ones.

Thrust vectoring animation is something we never actually added.

The way I modelled most of the engines it would have been impossible to have them animate correctly without basically remodelling them all, so we ended up sticking with static ones.

Thanks, kinda assumed so. Fine to me, those things look rather awesome.

Did you install the ModuleAnimateEmissive folder in GameData?

You are quitre correct, it was missing, I installed through CKAN so someone needs to bug the person controlling the repo entry to alter the file manifest to include that directory :3

Can confirm that hang on launch when loading KW Rocketry nosecones is due to Deadly Reentry cfg file. Replacing it with the one provided by starwaster repairs it. 94 mods running smoothly now :)

Thanks everyone. And Thank you for updating KW to 1.02, I never play without it :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54954-1-0-Deadly-Reentry-v7-0-3-update-May-14-2015?p=1944417&viewfull=1#post1944417

You are quitre correct, it was missing, I installed through CKAN so someone needs to bug the person controlling the repo entry to alter the file manifest to include that directory :3

There's nothing to include, ModuleAnimateEmissive only contains source files, no assemblies or configurations. That itself might be a packaging issue, but it's not specific to CKAN.

EDIT: Actually now I see there's another folder below GameData, I'll see about making a pull request.