[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I'm sorry that I haven't read all 246 pages, but will ask anyway:

Someone uses Deadly Reentry with KW Rocketry?

My "fresh" 1.0.2 install freezes on MM phase when I try to load both latest KW Rocketry and latest DR. Nothing interesting in log (will post it if someone is interested). What can be the problem?

I'm sorry that I haven't read all 246 pages, but will ask anyway:

Someone uses Deadly Reentry with KW Rocketry?

My "fresh" 1.0.2 install freezes on MM phase when I try to load both latest KW Rocketry and latest DR. Nothing interesting in log (will post it if someone is interested). What can be the problem?

Fortunately for you, I had the exact same issue--here's the fix.

I'm sorry for not fixing these things myself and releasing an update, I'm just not really in the swing of things with KSP right now and trying to fix a few things is just driving me mad.

1.0 broke a lot of things, for example none of the adapter shrouds will connect properly any more because of the changes made to nodes, and I can't seem to find a satisfactory fix for them.

I didn't even realise this until after we released this update because we kind of rushed it out a few hours before Kyle left to go on holiday, if I had only had a chance to do some more testing I probably would have insisted on postponing it because so much is broken or untested.

I wouldnt stress about it, now you have the whole thread as beta testers to help identify the issues and help fix them, I am hoping for a breakthrough on the fairings not a fan of procedural

I got some of those "fixed"... I changed the second top node location on the Wildcat-XR to a bit lower and now it works properly with the 5m to 3.75m Apollo style interstage adapter

Yeah I managed to do the same.

I also fixed the petal adapter, but that's about all I've done so far.

Yeah I managed to do the same.

I also fixed the petal adapter, but that's about all I've done so far.

No need to hurry Winston :)

Anyways, I've got some serious advancements here.

Changes in this patch (summed):

• Parts fully integrated into the techtree
    • Tanks redistributed along the Fuel management branch
    • Engines redistributed along the engines branch
    • New node - Experimental Rocketry - for the huge engines
    • Minor tweaks and bugfixes

[*]Heat generation balanced along all engines

• Heat generation interpolated from stock engines, and tweaked where necessary

[*]Engine costs rebalanced

• Engine costs recalculated to get in line with stock engine costs

[*]Tank costs recalculated

• Tanks doesnt cost twice as much as stock tanks anymore, prices recalculated, and brought in line with stock tank costs.

The patch can be downloaded from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqxy05hp3uhfgr0/KWPatch.cfg?dl=0

Just drop it into your KWRocketry folder, and have fun! ModuleManager is needed for the patch to work!

WARNING! The patch breaks existing saves that use the mod! Only use it for new saves!

Thanks to somnambulist for the help in making this patch! All feedback is welcome.

EDIT : Reported bug about radial batteries connected to a nonexistent node fixed.

EDIT2 : Fixed a bug reported by Demigod. Should not be a save breaker.

Edited by Darkway

broke my save (lost all vessels with patched kw parts) and nothing is available in VAB. so I'm going back to the fixed version minus jeb, my satellites and a bunch of redshirts. thanks guys.

Did the patch break your save? Im using it with no problems so far. My advice is to always keep a backup of your saves before changing anything, be it a new version of a mod, or any other big scale changes to the game.

More than likely you used parts on your crafts that were moved to other RD nodes, and in your save you had parts on crafts that has become unavailable to you with the patch.

The patch changes the cost, availability and heat generation properties on almost all of the KW parts, so i recommend it only for new saves.

Edited by Darkway

Hi Darkway,

I downloaded our unofficial patch (nice work btw). I also use the community tech tree. If you use both, then the part of your patch that adds experimentalRocketry seems to be un-needed, as the expanded tech tree has one already.

I had this problem too. I think i found the source.

I belive it is the DeadlyReentry-KMRocketryFairings.conf. Because the statusbar hang up at KW2mSRBNoseCone and this ist the first part witch is modified in this cfg. I'm nod a modder, but i searches the web an i think therer are some errors in this file.

This is how the first entry looked. the following entrys looked similar.

@PART[KW2mSRBNoseCone]
{
@maxTemp = 1523.15 emissiveConstant = 0.9
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
skinThicknessFactor = 0.1
skinHeatConductivity = 0.012 skinMaxTemp = 2000
}
}

I think the problem is, that emissiveConstant = 0.9 has not the right operator in front. I looked in the patched KWRocketry Part.cfg and dosn't find an antry for emissiveConstant = 0.9. If i see this correct stands the @-operator for modify, but there is no such entry . Because of that i edit all 'emissiveConstant' in DeadlyReentry-KMRocketryFairings.conf and add a % in front of them (% = modify or add).

Now the games starts correct for me.

Thsi is the complete file, yust find DeadlyReentry-KMRocketryFairings.conf in GameData\DeadlyReentry ind youre KSP folder end replace its content with this.

@PART[KW2mSRBNoseCone]
{
@maxTemp = 1523.15
%emissiveConstant = 0.9
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
}
}
@PART[KW1mNoseCone]
{
@maxTemp = 1523.15
%emissiveConstant = 0.9
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
}
}
@PART[KW2mNoseCone]
{
@maxTemp = 1523.15
%emissiveConstant = 0.9
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
}
}
@PART[KW3mNoseCone]
{
@maxTemp = 1523.15
%emissiveConstant = 0.9
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
}
}
@PART[KW5mNoseCone]
{
@maxTemp = 1523.15
%emissiveConstant = 0.9
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
skinHeatConductivity = 0.012
skinMaxTemp = 2000
}
}
@PART[KW*FairingCone]
{
@maxTemp = 1523.15
%emissiveConstant = 0.9
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
}
}
@PART[KW*FairingWall]
{
@maxTemp = 1523.15
%emissiveConstant = 0.9
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
}
}

I hope thats not the wrong solution an it works for everyone else.

And before blaming Starwaster, i think he dosn't update because KWRoketry isn't officaly updated for 1.0 atm.

Oh, and sorry for any misspelling, my school english isnt very well :(

Thank you kind sir !!!

Hi Darkway,

I downloaded our unofficial patch (nice work btw). I also use the community tech tree. If you use both, then the part of your patch that adds experimentalRocketry seems to be un-needed, as the expanded tech tree has one already.

Im glad you like it! :) I'll change the node generation to "Edit or Create" so it wont cause any troubles, but It's safer if you just delete the node generation from the patch tho.

Yep, this is normal. If you are not using the unofficial patch, engines generate way too much heat tho. The patch can appearently break saves, so only apply it if you want to start a new save (its advisable for carreer mode, as original KW is not integrated into the redesigned stock RD tree yet). The patch can be found on the prev. page.

Yep, this is normal. If you are not using the unofficial patch, engines generate way too much heat tho. The patch can appearently break saves, so only apply it if you want to start a new save (its advisable for carreer mode, as original KW is not integrated into the redesigned stock RD tree yet). The patch can be found on the prev. page.

I tried the patch and yes it broke my saves. Unfortunate but not he end of the world. But If I start another game with KW + the unofficial patch will that be broken when the next version of KW comes out?

If so should I just skip KW at the moment or just skip the patch? Id rather not have to restart again (save broken first time by my hacking fasa)

Thanks

Edited by Demigod

I tried the patch and yes it broke my saves. Unfortunate but not he end of the world. But If I start another game with KW + the unofficial patch will that be broken when the next version of KW comes out?

If so should I just skip KW at the moment or just skip the patch? Id rather not have to restart again (save broken first time by my hacking fasa)

Thanks

Well I dont know when Winston will fix everything the patch fixes right now, but its more than likely that a new KW version will break your saves anyways if it will address the same issues the patch does. If you start a new save with current KW + the unofficial patch, if KW updates BUT you keep the patch with the updated KW too, no problems should occur. (Problems can happen if parts are moved around in the RD tree I guess, but no matter what Winston/KickS change, if you keep the patch, parts wont move around). If you like the patch, and wanna play, use it. KW is not usabe for career games in its current state, so I play with the patch anyways :D.

EDIT: Just to clarify: Ive seen no bugs wit the patch so far (apart from some FX bugs out of scope of the patch), and my saves are working nicely too.

Edited by Darkway

Well I dont know when Winston will fix everything the patch fixes right now. If you start a new save with current KW + the unofficial patch, if KW updates BUT you keep the patch with the updated KW too, no problems should occur. (Problems can happen if parts are moved around in the RD tree I guess, but no matter what Winston/KickS does, if you keep the patch, parts wont move around). If you like the patch, and wanna play, use it. KW is not usabe for career games in its current state, so I play with the patch anyways :D.

Thanks Ill start with the patch. To may greats parts to miss KW

Okay. If anything unexpected happens, just tell us here.

The following issues are out of scope of the patch, and Winston/KickS will hopefully fix them:

• If you limit the thrust on solid boosters to 0 (50%), the rocket works, but no smoke/flame comes out of the rocket.
  • Rocket nozzles sometimes look as if they were hot red, even be4 starting them (mostly happens on SRBs again)
  • Some problems can occur with interstage fairings not snapping onto nodes.

If you encounter any problems with the RD tree, heat generation, or part prices, ill take a look at it (I know that unlock costs are too low, the patch doesnt affect those, but its not important if you start a new game with KW).

When KW updates the part prices in the future, the patch will need a little editing (deleting of a node), but it doesnt break saves (tested it :D).

One small problem with KW Rocketry SA-2 LFT I believe this is the part from your patch

@@PART[KW1mtankL2]

{

@TechRequired = advancedRocketry

}

Should that be advRocketry?

Wow, did I said I love this community. Because I love this community

I will test the new patch today, thanks Darkway

If youve not read the last 2 pages, you should know that the unofficial patch breaks existing saves that use unpatched KW parts (cuz of the RD tree changes in the patch)! Only use it if you want to start new carreer save(s)!

Edited by Darkway