[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

With 1.03's changes to heating, all my KW engines are exploding.

I'm seeing the larger (3.5m and 5m) engines being much more prone to over-heating since 1.0.3 and 1.0.4. Adding radiator panels doesn't seem to help. I believe the KW engines are missing the skin temp stuff Squad added, and are not pushing heat into attached parts correctly anymore.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm seeing the larger (3.5m and 5m) engines being much more prone to over-heating since 1.0.3 and 1.0.4. Adding radiator panels doesn't seem to help. I believe the KW engines are missing the skin temp stuff Squad added, and are not pushing heat into attached parts correctly anymore.

I haven't had a chance to try them in 1.0.4 but I don't see anything in the engines that should cause them to explode. They do have lowered conductivity which does mean they would retain more of it in themselves, but global conductivity has at least DOUBLED.... or possibly more. (I was told that it is 5000x higher - not counting the doubling?) but I'm not sure if there was exaggeration... involved...)

internal heat production overall went down a bit.... so not sure why engines would explode.

With 1.0.4, I'm seeing engine heat production higher than in previous KSP versions. But they are well within expected norms. Frankly, I was happy to see this difference. It only happens with engines that are being pushed to their upper limits.

Verified local files with Steam, said it found 4 corrupt. That seems to have fixed the engines. Thanks for the responses.

To fix this problem until they fix the mod, add the following to a .cfg file in the GameData directory. This is a ModuleManager patch to put the correct value in place:

// Fix a bug in KWRocketry
@PART[KWSASmodule3mHalf]
{
@TechRequired = specializedControl
}

I've incorporated a couple of other small fixes into my own patch:

// Fix a bug in KWRocketry
@PART[KWSASmodule3mHalf]
{
@TechRequired = specializedControl
}
// Following from: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51037-1-02-KW-Rocketry-v2-7-Available-1-02-Compatibility%21-16-05-2015?p=1946053&viewfull=1#post1946053
// Made a fix so one could use the Wildcat-XR with the 5m-3,75m apollo style interstage properly // with the engine sitting in the interstage.

@PART[KW3mengineWildcarXR]
{
@node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 2.508, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
}
//
// http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51037-1-02-KW-Rocketry-v2-7-Available-1-02-Compatibility%21-16-05-2015?p=1996600&viewfull=1#post1996600
// Fixes Petal Adapter
@PART[KW3mPetalAdapter]
{
@explosiveNodeID = topFDown
}

I put this into a .cfg file either in the GameData directory or a personal directory I use for housekeeping in GameData (ie: GameData/LGG/personal.cfg)

Hope this helps someone.

LGG

Ok before was my bad but know I'm going nuts over this the 5 mt stack decoupler, it is not showing up in the game even if it is in the GameData folder. It is also happening in my old 1.0.2 game but not on a clean ksp instal with only KW, I guess there must be a conflict with some of my other mods.

DYUEvic.png

Edited by edemlama

I haven't had a chance to try them in 1.0.4 but I don't see anything in the engines that should cause them to explode. They do have lowered conductivity which does mean they would retain more of it in themselves, but global conductivity has at least DOUBLED.... or possibly more. (I was told that it is 5000x higher - not counting the doubling?) but I'm not sure if there was exaggeration... involved...)

internal heat production overall went down a bit.... so not sure why engines would explode.

My KW engines were all overheating after about 30 seconds of full throttle, went into the part files and found that their heat production was many times higher than comparable stock modules in 1.0.3/1.0.4 so I lowered them all to roughly equal the stock part values (and added the new skin values). That solved the problem but I didn't bother to really balance it, so would really like a proper update to the mod. I love KW parts and use them on all my designs.

Also the small inline KW monoprop tank seems to have an incorrect fuel amount, it's only 100 monoprop but I think it should be closer to 400 compared to the stock counterpart and the progression of the other KW inline monoprop tanks.

Ok before was my bad but know I'm going nuts over this the 5 mt stack decoupler, it is not showing up in the game even if it is in the GameData folder. It is also happening in my old 1.0.2 game but not on a clean ksp instal with only KW, I guess there must be a conflict with some of my other mods.

Ok first, ModuleManager.dll should just be loose at the top level of your GameData folder, not in a folder. The way you have it *shouldn't* cause any issues but it does increase the likelihood you'll end up with multiple copies installed.

As to your problem, the 5m decoupler actually uses a model and textures down a couple levels in the fairings folder. Does this file exist at this path? 'GameData/KWRocketry/Parts/Fairings/UnifiedFairings5m/KW_Struct_Decoupler5m.mu'

Ok first, ModuleManager.dll should just be loose at the top level of your GameData folder, not in a folder. The way you have it *shouldn't* cause any issues but it does increase the likelihood you'll end up with multiple copies installed.

As to your problem, the 5m decoupler actually uses a model and textures down a couple levels in the fairings folder. Does this file exist at this path? 'GameData/KWRocketry/Parts/Fairings/UnifiedFairings5m/KW_Struct_Decoupler5m.mu'

thanks!!! for some reason I was missing the file

For some reason the Interstages wont work for me :S

Looks like some node problems

/The doublenode at the engine is there, but the upper interstage node wotn connect to it :S

Edited by fatjoe2015

For some reason the Interstages wont work for me :S

Looks like some node problems

/The doublenode at the engine is there, but the upper interstage node wotn connect to it :S

Try to attach it with Allow Parts Clipping enabled in Cheats menu.

Hey guys, just updated (once again...) to 1.04.... is KW strictly procedural fairings now?

I have played for about 4 hrs since the install, and these fairings are annoying. Why is the decouple now tied into the fairing jettison in staging? It appears that i have to waste group actions if i want to do it properly. I really enjoyed ditching fairings the second I left the atmosphere, now I just create space junk.

Also, I miss 2 and 3 piece fairings instead of these several piece 8+ fairings.

Is there a fix?

Hey guys, just updated (once again...) to 1.04.... is KW strictly procedural fairings now?

I have played for about 4 hrs since the install, and these fairings are annoying. Why is the decouple now tied into the fairing jettison in staging? It appears that i have to waste group actions if i want to do it properly. I really enjoyed ditching fairings the second I left the atmosphere, now I just create space junk.

Also, I miss 2 and 3 piece fairings instead of these several piece 8+ fairings.

Is there a fix?

Yes look for the clamshell mod. And don't worry about space junk. The fairing pieces are non-persistent.

Everyone is missing the fairings, I am afraid procedural just doesn't cut it but the KW team didnt have time to work on it after the release was out and went with an update with proc fairings. I am praying they discover how to implement the old fairing system, hopefully a solution will present itself in the meantime use this

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124031-1-0-4-Stock-Clamshell-Fairings-(June-1)