[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

You need to delete the KWPatch-2.cfg as well

so is there any way to give the kw-rocket engines shrouds as well, other then using the inline fairings?

If not, the problem is, that the inline fairings are higher teck, so you cannot build any nice rocket until you have them

or use stock engines

ok so the Subassemblies ....

I stuck them in this folder :

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Kerbal Space Agency\Subassemblies

The ones I created in the VAB are there ... but the ones from the Extras folders don't appear in the VAB after extracting them to this folder

(I used the Subassembly folder in the archive that was listed as "Default")

Edited by Mordrehl

ok so the Subassemblies ....

I stuck them in this folder :

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\Kerbal Space Agency\Subassemblies

The ones I created in the VAB are there ... but the ones from the Extras folders don't appear in the VAB after extracting them to this folder

(I used the Subassembly folder in the archive that was listed as "Default")

Perhaps a stupid question, but are you running the Kerbal Space Agency save, or do you have another save that you could be using by mistake?

Perhaps a stupid question, but are you running the Kerbal Space Agency save, or do you have another save that you could be using by mistake?

Not a stupid question at all ... I thought at first I'd copied them to an older save, but nope ... I have the sub's in both savegame's proper folder and they don't show up in either save in the VAB

Hmmm is there perhaps some minimum tech needed for them? (tied into the parts used)

On a side note, I hope Winston and Kick are still working on this ... neither has posted since late May/early June

Edited by Mordrehl

^^ Darn right!

Wow...and its not like this hasnt been updated since 0.90 or before...This is good for 1.0.2!!... 1.0.4 is just a minor update over 1.0.2...

I have mods I'm using in 1.0.2 (havent played 1.0.4 yet), that havent had dev or updates done since 0.24.0 or 0.25.0!

The parts still work just fine, but there will always be those who if there is not continuous new development and/or developer presence feel the need to proclaim a mod dead.
The mod works only with community updates; its dead for the time being and the lack of developer presence for such a popular mod is a bad thing.

You shouldnt complain, its completly up to the mod makers if they are in the mood for updates or not. It happend several times someone didnt want to update his mod for whatever reasons, so someone else made a community update and everything is fine...

welp, this mod is dead, pack your bags gais

No, I doubt it. KW Rocketry has, in the past, faded to obscurity only to re-emerge better than ever. I do not doubt that this will happen again if apparent development grinds to a halt once more.

really annoying that people don't understand mod authors are, by and large, hobbyists that do these things in their spare time as it allows and when they are interested. It is not their job and they are under no obligation to continue a mod they started. Lives change, people move on, interests wax and wane. Kyle & Winston may come back, they may not. The overall community however will remain and carry this mod forward as much as the license will allow.

Only restrictive licenses can kill mods, not the lack of the original authors.

really annoying that people don't understand mod authors are, by and large, hobbyists that do these things in their spare time as it allows and when they are interested. It is not their job and they are under no obligation to continue a mod they started. Lives change, people move on, interests wax and wane. Kyle & Winston may come back, they may not. The overall community however will remain and carry this mod forward as much as the license will allow.

Only restrictive licenses can kill mods, not the lack of the original authors.

Say what you will, there's not enough talented people to continue this kinda mod without replacing it entirely. If it's not the original people who are obligated no matter what to finish what they started then it might as well be a dead mod.

you know what doesnt help keep community driven mods alive? here's what doesnt help, when someone comes to a thread to look for support, only to find an entire page of someone preaching about how "the mod is dead" and trying to defend that statement.

the fact that the community is still using, and trying to help each other us it, means that it is the farthest thing from dead, and your continued hijack of the thread is only hurting, not helping.

ON-TOPIC, i found just the help i was looking for in the previous pages (was having shroud troubles), so keep up the good work everyone.

Before this debate goes on any further, we of the moderation staff would like to point out a few things.

First, this particular mod happens to be released under a Creative Commons CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 License, the essential terms of which I will reproduce below for convenience:

You are free to:

Share  copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format

Adapt  remix, transform, and build upon the material

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Under the following terms:

Attribution  You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

NonCommercial  You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

ShareAlike  If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

No additional restrictions  You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

What this means is that, basically, anyone is free to take this mod, make modifications to it, and share it with those modifications, as long as they give credit to those whose work they were building on, aren't trying to make money, share under the same license, and don't keep others from doing the same. Therefore, even if the original modmaker doesn't come back to pick it up, anyone who wants to is free to take this mod, update it, and share it with the public on equal terms with the original modmaker as long as the above conditions are met. If someone else wants to pick up this mod and maintain it -- or even if two different people want to each maintain their own separate forks derived from the original content -- their efforts would be no less legitimate under the terms of the license than the OP's. Thus, unilaterally declaring this mod to be dead would be moot, as anyone can choose to maintain it if they wish.

Second, even if it was the case that Wilson was the only person who could update this mod and publicly share it, only he would have the power to declare his mod dead. In that case, any statement from someone other than him declaring this mod to be dead would also be moot, as that user would have no more authority to have any say in how the add-on is developed than any other user beyond the actual developer.

The point being, as unilaterally calling this add-on "dead" without having exclusive control over its content yourself is an irrelevant statement in this context whose only result would be causing conflict and antagonizing others, any further statements in that regard will be regarded as user harassment and will receive the appropriate attention from us moderators.

Before this debate goes on any further, we of the moderation staff would like to point out a few things.

First, this particular mod happens to be released under a Creative Commons CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 License, the essential terms of which I will reproduce below for convenience:

What this means is that, basically, anyone is free to take this mod, make modifications to it, and share it with those modifications, as long as they give credit to those whose work they were building on, aren't trying to make money, share under the same license, and don't keep others from doing the same. Therefore, even if the original modmaker doesn't come back to pick it up, anyone who wants to is free to take this mod, update it, and share it with the public on equal terms with the original modmaker as long as the above conditions are met. If someone else wants to pick up this mod and maintain it -- or even if two different people want to each maintain their own separate forks derived from the original content -- their efforts would be no less legitimate under the terms of the license than the OP's. Thus, unilaterally declaring this mod to be dead would be moot, as anyone can choose to maintain it if they wish.

Second, even if it was the case that Wilson was the only person who could update this mod and publicly share it, only he would have the power to declare his mod dead. In that case, any statement from someone other than him declaring this mod to be dead would also be moot, as that user would have no more authority to have any say in how the add-on is developed than any other user beyond the actual developer.

The point being, as unilaterally calling this add-on "dead" without having exclusive control over its content yourself is an irrelevant statement in this context whose only result would be causing conflict and antagonizing others, any further statements in that regard will be regarded as user harassment and will receive the appropriate attention from us moderators.

That is a very salient point however I think what is also being overlooked, and I don't want to be too presumptuous but isn't it a possibility Kyle and Winston might want to wait until 1.1? It is to my understanding that 1.1 will basically break all mods including just simply part mods? So I think we need to wait for 1.1 since that very much can be seen on the horizon. If and only if a substantial amount of time has passed without hearing word from K&W then we can discuss this mod being dead. Even then as it was stated this mod has an optimal license that will ensure its survival long past K&W. Patience is something that is sorely missing from this community along with appreciation. Only time will tell what the fate of this mod is....when I see people asking if a mod is dead or dying I often recall the words of the great master Yoda......

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is."

That is a very salient point however I think what is also being overlooked, and I don't want to be too presumptuous but isn't it a possibility Kyle and Winston might want to wait until 1.1? It is to my understanding that 1.1 will basically break all mods including just simply part mods? So I think we need to wait for 1.1 since that very much can be seen on the horizon. If and only if a substantial amount of time has passed without hearing word from K&W then we can discuss this mod being dead. Even then as it was stated this mod has an optimal license that will ensure its survival long past K&W. Patience is something that is sorely missing from this community along with appreciation. Only time will tell what the fate of this mod is....when I see people asking if a mod is dead or dying I often recall the words of the great master Yoda......

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is."

We should do a community fixed version of this mod, with the permission of Winston & Kickasskyle off course. In my opinion this mod is being abandoned slowly (There are more important things in life than modding, I understand that). Since 1.0.5 is coming we should wait and see what changes are made and then adapt the mod to the new release.

Good night, sorry for the question , maybe answered but couldt find the answer in the thread ...but i hope you can help me

This version of rocketry works correctly on ksp 1.0.4 ? because with me crash in the atmosphere

[h=1][/h]

• 2 weeks later...

Wow I came here to comment on just how awesome this mod is and fell into a pit of drama! :)

I seriously hope the mod authors still read comments here, not because I expect anything from them (btw it works 100% fine for me with the community fixes patch), but because I want them to know that every single time I launch a rocket with a Griffon Century engine I get a huge smile on my face. I intentionally turn off all other noise in the house, crank the volume on the PC and start my best Apollo imitation. "T-minus 10, 9, 8 - ignition sequence start.... " and that's where the smile comes in. No other engine sounds as good as the Griffon Century! I look for excuses to build huge rockets so I can use this engine. And I don't have a launch ritual for any other rocket - this engine just demands it!

Thanks for all the enjoyment your mod has given me!

Edited by MalevolentNinja