[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I just released the patch for 1.0.5

Re. the mm change, either works, so I'm just going to leave what I have in, it's a bit clearer to me what it's doing

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but is there any difference in the stock scenario modules between SRBs and lifters? Also, I'd argue that there's definitely a third category, sustainer engines that are designed to be used into the upper atmosphere. The Titan V and T1 definitely fall into this category, and possibly a few others too. If the scenario module for the Swivel looks any different, it's probably worth using for these.

I just checked the Swivel constraints, they are the same as the surfact ones.

LGG

I just released the patch for 1.0.5

Re. the mm change, either works, so I'm just going to leave what I have in, it's a bit clearer to me what it's doing

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked the Swivel constraints, they are the same as the surfact ones.

LGG

Sorry, I meant vector. This is what I get for trying to mod without having KSP in front of me...

Hello KW,

When it comes to recovering from updates I'm not the best. I appreciate all your help to get KW running in 1.05. After making all the changes above, I was left with engine bells heating up while on the pad being throttled up for launch. I reviewed Squad's code and the last 2 line corrected the issue.

MODULE

{

name = FXModuleAnimateThrottle

animationName = GriffonEmissiveAnim

useHeat = True

lerpMin = 0

lerpMax = 850

lerpOffset = -150

lerpPow = 0.875

lerpOuterScalar = 1

lerpInnerScalar = 1

dependOnEngineState = True

dependOnThrottle = True

}

Hope this helps, Homer to your mobile!

Hello KW,

When it comes to recovering from updates I'm not the best. I appreciate all your help to get KW running in 1.05. After making all the changes above, I was left with engine bells heating up while on the pad being throttled up for launch. I reviewed Squad's code and the last 2 line corrected the issue.

MODULE

{

name = FXModuleAnimateThrottle

animationName = GriffonEmissiveAnim

useHeat = True

lerpMin = 0

lerpMax = 850

lerpOffset = -150

lerpPow = 0.875

lerpOuterScalar = 1

lerpInnerScalar = 1

dependOnEngineState = True

dependOnThrottle = True

}

Hope this helps, Homer to your mobile!

Umm, those last two lines WERE in the KW 1.0.5 patch. Did you install the latest KW community patches?

And FIY, for anyone interested, the latest patch for KW is now available via CKAN.

[quote name='linuxgurugamer']Umm, those last two lines WERE in the KW 1.0.5 patch. Did you install the latest KW community patches?

And FIY, for anyone interested, the latest patch for KW is now available via CKAN.[/QUOTE]

Saw the patch(s) in CKAN, however CKAN is throwing an error as it's not overwriting anything else?

Two versions of the KW Rockety Community Fixes exist in the CKAN listing, both indicate as updates to 1.0.4, so not sure which one needs to go. Edited by tempes156

[quote name='tempes156']Saw the patch(s) in CKAN, however CKAN is throwing an error as it's not overwriting anything else?

Two versions of the KW Rockety Community Fixes exist in the CKAN listing, both indicate as updates to 1.0.4, so not sure which one needs to go.[/QUOTE]

make sure you are fully updated with CKAN. It took about a day for CKAN to finish updating itself.

[quote name='linuxgurugamer']Umm, those last two lines WERE in the KW 1.0.5 patch. Did you install the latest KW community patches?

And FIY, for anyone interested, the latest patch for KW is now available via CKAN.[/QUOTE]

When you say 1.0.5 patch, do you mean Community Fixes? Can you link the patches?

I installed the Community patches and the update, but it was not working...Which folder does the community patch file go? I placed them in GAMEDATA. The good news is I got KW working. Thanks again for the help!

[quote name='kadavi1202']I installed the Community patches and the update, but it was not working...Which folder does the community patch file go? I placed them in GAMEDATA. The good news is I got KW working. Thanks again for the help![/QUOTE]

The community patches should go in their own folder, but it doesn't really matter where.

Glad you got it working.

LGG

Don't use KW Patch 2 and the shrouds work.

One more thing: Is there an aerodynamics bug with KW rocketry fairings? I was wondering why some of my rockets tip over so I turned Aerodynamics Overlay ON (F12 I think...) and the vectors were far ahead of the rocket's tip. Haven't checked with the stock fairings though. Edited by void_error

[quote name='void_error']Hmm... never used the petal adapter but I'm guessing that if you remove KWPatch-interstage.cfg or edit/comment out the parts that handle the shrouds it might work.[/QUOTE]

I removed both cfgs and the shrouds now work correctly. Thanks.

A lot of my planes cannot be loaded on 1.0.5 because 1part of KWrocketry is missing, for example KW1mNoseCone or KWRcsQuad. This does not work, even with the patch.
Can you confirm the patch must be here:GameData/KWCommunityFixes ?
KW engines are visible in the engine section but some parts are still missing, for example the KW Rcs Quad that should be visible in the Control section.....
Is the patch suppose to fix that?

For the time being I will stay on 1.0.4, it's to much work to rebuild all my vessels because only one part is missing!!

I am currently having some issues with the KW Rocketry pack. I've noticed recently that the 5m Titan V rocket engine is not using the correct model. The game is replacing the correct model with the Griffon Century model but a little smaller. Selecting the engine and placing it on the rocket does not fix this issue and just places a small Century engine with askew attachment points (top attachment point is 2 Kerbal heights from the actual top of the model). Everything else about the engine matches the Titan V except for the actual model. The only mods installed are KW Rocketry, ModuleAnimateEmissive, KWCommunityFixes, and ModuleManager. I have looked into trying to fix the problem myself, but I have no experience with coding or working with game models. If any other information is needed please ask; I am new to the forums and am not familiar with what sort of information is needed to solve mod problems.

Thanks in advance, guys.

EDIT: I fixed it; for those who are experiencing the same problem, removing the config files "KWPatch-interstage.cfg" and "KWPatch-2.cfg" under the KWComunityFixes folder fixes this problem as well as the decoupler shroud issue. Edited by KeroLox

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but when I load KW Rocketry I don't see the fairings that are supposed to come with the game. I can see all of the bases but not the shrouds that are supposed to come with the mod. Is this common or did I just install this incorrectly? Any help is appreciated!

8 hours ago, Gandy1596 said:

Hey, not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but when I load KW Rocketry I don't see the fairings that are supposed to come with the game. I can see all of the bases but not the shrouds that are supposed to come with the mod. Is this common or did I just install this incorrectly? Any help is appreciated!

Currently KW doesn't use the old fairings, but the stock procedural ones.

On 11/21/2015, 9:31:00, StickyScissors said:

Good god this mod needs an update. Relying on half-assed community patches is starting to annoy and confuse me.

I really loved this mod, basically gave up on it after the 1.0.x release because of the random issues. I'm glad that community fixes are available, but I agree that it just makes installing this mod a much more confusing, and frustrating endeavor.

It seems like this mod has fallen off of Kyle's and Winston's radar, which I totally understand, I appreciate all of the unpaid effort that went into creating a mod that helped me create some of my best missions pre 1.0... With that in mind, is there any chance of an official handover to a new developer to maintain this mod? 

• 2 weeks later...

so in asking this i recognize its been asked and answered but I'm still getting no where...i can't see any engines or other parts when i install the kW 2.7 and the community fixes minus the weird patches (which begs the question why they are in there) and i removed the emission thing but can't find any FX throttle animate download so i can't finish that replacement...so I've done what the magic board told me to do, mostly, but i see no parts anywhere in tech tree or in VAB in a sandbox save. so what am i missing? i remember an older fix was replacing .cfg files, is that a possible thing i can do somehow or would that be counterproductive?

Edited by galactictaco