[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Take a look at AutoPruner:

Makes it easy to prune those unnecessary parts

Indeed, that did exactly what I needed! Have some rep. Here's the prnl file I came up with in case future visitors want the same thing (prefer equivalent stock parts when available, keep KW parts otherwise).

Spoiler

KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/KWNoseCone/part1m
KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/KWNoseCone/part2m
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/1mL05
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/1mL05RCS
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/1mL1
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/1mL2
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/1mL4
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/1mPancakeL05
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/2mL05
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/2mL05RCS
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/2mL1
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/2mL2
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/2mL4
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/2mL4A
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/2mPancakeL05
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/3mL05
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/3mL1
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/3mL2
KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/3mPancakeL05
KWRocketry/Parts/RCS/KWrcsQuad
KWRocketry/Parts/RCS/KWrcsQuad45
KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFuelAdapter/21part
KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWFuelAdapter/21part45

Hi everyone - I've looked around the forum and can't seem to find a mention of this anywhere - if I'm missing something please point me to it, or if there is a more appropriate place for my question let me know.

I've been using KW Rocketry since I started playing KSP, and have always used the decouplers since - in my opinion - they look so much better.  I must have been especially observant today, because I just noticed the huge mass discrepancy between the KW parts and the equivalent stock parts, especially for the 1.25m parts.

1.25m decoupler:  KW - 0.25 t / Stock - 0.05 t (400% increase!)

2.5m decoupler:  KW - 0.5 t / Stock - 0.4 t (25% increase)

3.75m decoupler:  KW - 2.0 t / Stock - 0.8 t (150% increase)

The same seems to be true for the fairings as well.  Anyone else noticed this?  Normally the stock/KW equivalents seem to be much more balanced.  I looked to see if the Squad parts had been changed since the last major release of KW (I'm running it with the 1.0.5 community fixes), but didn't find anything.  Thanks for the insights!

On 1/19/2016 at 7:59 PM, blowfish said:

I'm not 100% sure this is causing your issue, but I see a lot of this in the logs:

Look rotation viewing vector is zero

This means that very bad things have happened, and it may be related.

Can you confirm that the problem persists on a clean install with just KW and the community fixes?

Followed your advice, this appears to have fixed it.  I have copied my other mods back into the game and it works with the proven version of KW w/ community fixes.  I must have had a sloppy install of it.  Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lemmy04 said:

I've installed KW Rocketry 2.7, and the latest KW Community fixes... and KSP refuses to start. It hangs at loading the first KW engine...

Any ideas?

I know this is a LONG read, but being new, its better you read it now and get it over with :)  
Post back once you get a link for your logs.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Edited by Stone Blue

2 hours ago, lemmy04 said:

I've installed KW Rocketry 2.7, and the latest KW Community fixes... and KSP refuses to start. It hangs at loading the first KW engine...

Any ideas?

Please provide logs.  Instructions on how to do that are in the first link in my signature

And welcome to the forums :D

Ok, this is what happens:

as soon as I have KW Rocketry and the KW community fixes installed, KSP starts, and loads until it gets to the first engine from KW, then it "just sits there" until I kill it with task manager.

Memory consumption of the process at that point is just a mite above 2gb, I'm running 32bit KSP from within steam.

As soon as I delete the KW folders from GameData, KSP starts again.

Link to my logfile is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw8ni631wvktzdp/output_log.txt?dl=0

42 minutes ago, lemmy04 said:

Ok, this is what happens:

as soon as I have KW Rocketry and the KW community fixes installed, KSP starts, and loads until it gets to the first engine from KW, then it "just sits there" until I kill it with task manager.

Memory consumption of the process at that point is just a mite above 2gb, I'm running 32bit KSP from within steam.

As soon as I delete the KW folders from GameData, KSP starts again.

Link to my logfile is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw8ni631wvktzdp/output_log.txt?dl=0

Your problem here has nothing to do with memory consumption.  I see two issues:

1. You don't have ModuleManager installed.  This is required for the community fixes.
  2. Remove ModuleAnimateEmissive from GameData.  It's an old plugin that was used with the release version of KW but is removed by the community fixes and is incompatible with KSP 1.0.5.

On 4/12/2015 at 0:09 PM, Nansuchao said:

Currently KW doesn't use the old fairings, but the stock procedural ones.

Why is that? The non-procedural fairings were gorgeous and looked easy. Opening the fairing, and seperating from the booster were two seperate stages, but the procedural fairing both opens and acts like a seperator in one stage.

Is there any way to get the classic fairings again?

Edited by [email protected]

Hello all.

I installed this mod together with the community fixes, but I have a problem. It seems like when I put a stock decouplee below one of KW Rocketry rockets, it does not shroud the engine automatically like it does for stock engines. I've tried deleting the config file "KWPatch-interstage.cfg" from community fixes mod, but it did not resolve my problem. I do not care about any of the fairings or decouplers which come with KW Rocketry since for me, they are redundant. I just want to have a stock decouple shrouding my KW Rocketry engine.

Can someone tell me what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, meuqsaco said:

Hello all.

I installed this mod together with the community fixes, but I have a problem. It seems like when I put a stock decouplee below one of KW Rocketry rockets, it does not shroud the engine automatically like it does for stock engines. I've tried deleting the config file "KWPatch-interstage.cfg" from community fixes mod, but it did not resolve my problem. I do not care about any of the fairings or decouplers which come with KW Rocketry since for me, they are redundant. I just want to have a stock decouple shrouding my KW Rocketry engine.

Can someone tell me what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

I had similar problem when I deleted KW parts that I didn't need (like fuel tanks, fairings, SAS module...), though my problem was with both moded and stock decouplers. I deleted the whole KW rocketry folder, installed again the full mod without deleting any of the parts and now it works OK. My best guess is that those engine shrouds are sharing textures and/or models with some of those parts and when you remove them you don't have them anymore

Edited by Cuky

4 minutes ago, Cuky said:

I had similar problem when I deleted KW parts that I didn't need (like fuel tanks, fairings, SAS module...), though my problem was with both moded and stock decouplers. I deleted the whole KW rocketry folder, installed again the full mod without deleting any of the parts and now it works OK.

I just did the same thing and it worked. Thanks :) One of the deleted parts may be needed to generate the shroud.

41 minutes ago, Unholypens said:

Since KerbalStuff has been shut down, is there anywhere i can get the community fixes? I really want to use this mod, but it doesn't load, so I'm assuming that I need the fixes.

You can get the files here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KW-Rocketry-Community-Fixes

Be patient, the shutdown only happened last night.  Please give me and other mod authors time to upload to another site and get CKAN updated.

LGG

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2016 at 1:46 AM, XpertKerbalKSP said:

Please update for 1.0.5, Ive been waiting for ages!!!!!

On 3/3/2016 at 10:43 PM, Table said:

So you gon update this or what?

Why does it need to be updated? Is there anything specifically not working for you? Aside from the engines displaying in the fuel tanks tab (an issue I am seeing with multiple mods), I'm not seeing any issues with the mod in 1.0.5.

Plus, we have LinuxGuruGamer releasing a community fixes pack for KW, so that should be tying us over until the inevitable update of KW for KSP 1.1, whenever that releases.

Edited by fallout2077