[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

If you don't have the ships, you have a bad download. Have you used the mediafire link? If yes, there's nothing more we can do for you. If no, go ahead and try.

I don't think it's a bad download, rather, the two different packages ("uploads_2013_09_KW-Rocketry-v2.51.zip" from SpacePort, vs. "Release Package v2.5.rar" from MediaFire) actually have different contents (download and see for yourself -- they're different). There is no "Ships" folder in the former.

Whether there are other differences between 2.5 and 2.51, I know not...

Edited by Gaius

Did you check both Ksp.log and output_log.txt? (latter in ksp_data)

If anyone could offer some insight into my crashes on desktop (never had this with a KW pack before, only memory limit errors), I'd be much appreciated. What am I looking for in ksp.og and out_log.txt?

My KSP.Log ends like this:

[LOG 14:31:27.320] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'BobCatind/SovietPack/Spaces/SoyuzTMAOrbital/internal/SoyuzTMAOrbital'

[LOG 14:31:27.329] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'BobCatind/SovietPack/Spaces/Soyuz_LK_pod/internal/SoyuzLK'

[LOG 14:31:27.339] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'BobCatind/SovietPack/Spaces/Soyuz_LK_pod/PropConfig/INSERT_INTERNAL_NAME'

[LOG 14:31:27.346] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'BobCatind/SovietPack/Spaces/TKS_internal/internal/MIR_TKS_internal'

[LOG 14:31:27.350] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'cBBp_Dragon/Spaces/DragonGuts/internal/DragonGuts'

[LOG 14:31:27.357] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'KOSMOS/Spaces/VA_Cockpit/internal/VA_Cockpit'

[ERR 14:31:27.363] InternalCameraSwitch: cameraTransform 'Window_Zoom01EyeTransform' is null

[LOG 14:31:27.381] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Sklifosovsky/Spaces/sci/internal/crewtestInternals'

[LOG 14:31:27.387] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/internal/crewCabinInternals'

[LOG 14:31:27.395] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/cupolaInternal/internal/cupolaInternal'

[LOG 14:31:27.415] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/internal/GenericSpace1'

[LOG 14:31:27.419] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/internal/GenericSpace3'

[LOG 14:31:27.424] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/internal/landerCabinInternals'

[LOG 14:31:27.430] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/landerCabinSmallInternal/internal/landerCabinSmallInternal'

[LOG 14:31:27.447] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/internal/mk1CockpitInternal'

[LOG 14:31:27.458] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/internal/mk1PodCockpit'

[LOG 14:31:27.468] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/internal/PodCockpit'

[LOG 14:31:27.491] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

And my output_log ends like this:

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/internal/GenericSpace1'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/internal/GenericSpace3'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/internal/landerCabinInternals'

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/landerCabinSmallInternal/internal/landerCabinSmallInternal'

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/internal/mk1CockpitInternal'

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/internal/mk1PodCockpit'

PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/PodCockpit/internal/PodCockpit'

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: Line: 1385)

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

(Filename: Line: 1385)

HandleD3DDeviceLost

HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost

Shader 'AtmosphereFromGround': fallback shader 'None' not found

Crash!!!

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 'The operation completed successfully.' (Address: 00000000)

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

**** Crash! ****

Any insight at all would be really appreciated--KW is a huge mainstay for me. I should add, I've tried both the KSP download and the Mediafire download--same outcome.

EDIT: Welp, I can run KW (hurray!) but the new KOSMOS pack is suddenly broken (boo!). Fresh KSP install had both of them, but when I added just a few of my old mods, broke again. More troubleshooting I guess.

Edited by Synthesis

I don't think it's a bad download, rather, the two different packages ("uploads_2013_09_KW-Rocketry-v2.51.zip" from SpacePort, vs. "Release Package v2.5.rar" from MediaFire) actually have different contents (download and see for yourself -- they're different). There is no "Ships" folder in the former.

There shouldn't be any differences. I'm fairly sure Winston simply forgot to add the ships folder when he was remaking KW into a ZIP. Likewise with the 2.51.

Are you gonna look into the problems we've been having?

I mean, i'm not sure what it is really, but.. i can't live without the KW pack.

I'm looking into the problem but there is only so much I can do from my end. I can't replicate the problem so I'm unable to troubleshoot what exactly is causing it on my KSP. Likewise walls of error messages that don't mention specific parts or assets can't really assist me either.

I know it's probably not what want to hear but the only way I can think of solving the problem is just by eliminating specific parts on your end. Even if at the day the problem could be stemming from something not common to a singular part.

Spaceport could be causing some of these problems.

I have been having long-running problems downloading any mod of significant size from spaceport - the result being that I when I download, the download ceases prematurely, with the kicker being that the archive can still be opened and the contents viewed, but with some kind of "unexpected end to the archive" error, for example, a 100Mb download will stop around 70Mb.

The archive can be opened and extracted as normal (barring some kind of error message). But inevitably there are some files missing that i don't get, and the viability of those that I can extract is questionable.

I'd stay away from spaceport for the time being for anything over a few megabytes. I'd assume the mediafire link does not suffer from this. I get crashes from the new KWrocketry pack, but I am assuming its memory use due to all the new textures and effects, even though the pack size is now even smaller.

PS: after a full KW install, my craft that use the fairing base plates cannot be loaded as "the part is missing" - don't know what that is about, arn't the part names all the same as before?

Did not do much testing after that, I have a lot of mods installed so I can't really expect my build to withstand too much punishment, besides, the previous version of KW was working for me pretty darn well.

Spaceport could be causing some of these problems.

I have been having long-running problems downloading any mod of significant size from spaceport - the result being that I when I download, the download ceases prematurely, with the kicker being that the archive can still be opened and the contents viewed, but with some kind of "unexpected end to the archive" error, for example, a 100Mb download will stop around 70Mb.

The archive can be opened and extracted as normal (barring some kind of error message). But inevitably there are some files missing that i don't get, and the viability of those that I can extract is questionable.

I'd stay away from spaceport for the time being for anything over a few megabytes. I'd assume the mediafire link does not suffer from this. I get crashes from the new KWrocketry pack, but I am assuming its memory use due to all the new textures and effects, even though the pack size is now even smaller.

PS: after a full KW install, my craft that use the fairing base plates cannot be loaded as "the part is missing" - don't know what that is about, arn't the part names all the same as before?

Did not do much testing after that, I have a lot of mods installed so I can't really expect my build to withstand too much punishment, besides, the previous version of KW was working for me pretty darn well.

I did just have a quick look and the names for fairing bases are the same, fun fun fun.

The only part I only ever had trouble loading was the nosecone.

I'm looking into the problem but there is only so much I can do from my end. I can't replicate the problem so I'm unable to troubleshoot what exactly is causing it on my KSP. Likewise walls of error messages that don't mention specific parts or assets can't really assist me either.

I know it's probably not what want to hear but the only way I can think of solving the problem is just by eliminating specific parts on your end. Even if at the day the problem could be stemming from something not common to a singular part.

Well, i'm not really sure anymore that it's the parts.

Or well, KSP uses 3.8Gb of RAM, maybe that's the cause, it hits the limit and crashes.

In other words, the KW pack takes to much up too much RAM.

sadly i have been unable to test this new update because constant crashes, yes the folder is even lighter than the previous versioun of KW i had installed, but if i put the full mod's folder the game instantly crashes, if i delete some parts i can get to menu, more parts and to spacecenter, so i assume it's memory usage, i'm going to start a new fresh save and the only mod installed will be KW to see if it is memory issues

EDIT: Fixed it! now with 0% crashes! well kinda, it was that my system couldn't handle the amount of mods i had, specially plugins for some reason, so i had to delete some of them and now works! the ships load fine but i think i'll prefer to continue my new save

Edited by thunderstar

Okay, so the Mediafire download is definitely different, as that download had the "ships" folder that the Spaceport download did not and the two downloads are different sizes. After installing it, I get crash to desktop. Screw it, too much hassle and too many people having too many problems. I'd love to revisit this, the rockets look amazing, but as little time as I have to play, I'm not spending what little free time I have trying to fix all of this.

So, how's the memory hit compared to earlier versions of KW? The mod's smaller, but I've heard the memory consumption is a lot more severe (which, in KSP, is pretty much a death sentence for a lot of us). Does anyone have a good idea?

I just put the Redux textures up on the OP. I also included in the optional downloads fuel tank textures with no livery that people can overlay whatever onto.

These are hosted on MEGA at the moment because mediafire was refusing to let me upload.

I also included in the optional downloads fuel tank textures with no livery that people can overlay whatever onto.

Holy crap, hope you didn't take my statement as complaining... Last night I went through and scrubbed off all the text myself (thanks for using tga format, much appreciated!)... Anyway, I'll get that once I'm home, thanks for catering to us "plain 'ol" guys!

Holy crap, hope you didn't take my statement as complaining... Last night I went through and scrubbed off all the text myself (thanks for using tga format, much appreciated!)... Anyway, I'll get that once I'm home, thanks for catering to us "plain 'ol" guys!

I figured it was a fair shout, I tried to make it all fairly neutral and not plaster obnoxious KW logos everywhere.

Also, once I get some time i'll look into messing with formats of bits and bobs to get a smaller memory footprint.

I just put the Redux textures up on the OP. I also included in the optional downloads fuel tank textures with no livery that people can overlay whatever onto.

These are hosted on MEGA at the moment because mediafire was refusing to let me upload.

These new textures fixed my massive fps drops and CTD's.

Now it flows like a river. The standard textures must have caused a "out of memory" crash every time.

Edited by zYnthethicz

Almost 100MB less memory usage! Thanks :)

You know your stuff so I'd assume you know this already but:

(As far as I know...) The only thing you can really do to get a smaller memory footprint is to reduce the number/size of textures, either through reducing the resolution or sharing assets among multiple parts.

Every texture is converted to DDS during the initial loading

I think that most of the size increase comes from (basically) the doubling of the number of textures due to the added normalmaps.

Aside from that, loads of appreciation for the work that's gone into the pack; it looks great and I especially love those new Soyuz styled tanks.

J3soDVq.jpg

Thanks, Kyle! That made a big difference on memory usage.