[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I haven't hit a weird crash yet since installing. My only issue now since installing the latest version with all the fixings is that I can't make heads or tails out of the nose cone fairing system. Procedural fairings makes them a moot point, but I would still like the look. Maybe a deal can be cut for including them in KW style.

This is defiantly one of the best part packs available for KSP and I am glad to see you guys back.

Also I have found a mistake on one of the parts that prevents it from showing. The SRB Nose Cone MODEL is pointing to the wrong directory

MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Solids/150mSRBTop/KW_150mSRBTop
}

should be

MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/150mSRBTop/KW_150mSRBTop
}

Also I changed

title = 2.5m Nose Cone

to

title = 2.5m Nose SRB Cone

This is defiantly one of the best part packs available for KSP and I am glad to see you guys back.

Also I have found a mistake on one of the parts that prevents it from showing. The SRB Nose Cone MODEL is pointing to the wrong directory

MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Solids/150mSRBTop/KW_150mSRBTop
}

should be

MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Aero/150mSRBTop/KW_150mSRBTop
}

Also I changed

title = 2.5m Nose Cone

to

title = 2.5m Nose SRB Cone

Fair shout.

You know your stuff so I'd assume you know this already but:

(As far as I know...) The only thing you can really do to get a smaller memory footprint is to reduce the number/size of textures, either through reducing the resolution or sharing assets among multiple parts.

Every texture is converted to DDS during the initial loading

I think that most of the size increase comes from (basically) the doubling of the number of textures due to the added normalmaps.

Aside from that, loads of appreciation for the work that's gone into the pack; it looks great and I especially love those new Soyuz styled tanks.

Yeah, I'm working on some lil bits that should reduce things down.

Didn't know about the .DDS though, I wonder why they won't let us export and store models in dds in the first place? it'd definitely simplify things.

and Thanks.

Just a thought:

Was just having a spring clean of the old gamedata - removed the "SomnambulicAerospace" folder that came with the KWrocketry"plus" pack (a third-party pack that reduced the footprint of the previous KW version).

All it had in it was a bunch of references to the fairings and baseplates.

I won't have time to check out if removing it fixes anything until later tonight, but Im guessing more than a couple of folks will have forgotten about that folder, and I know that I had at least one problem with the fairings/baseplates on initial install of this new version so thought it might be a cause.

At any rate, with the new pack you dont need the SomnambulicAerospace folder anyway.

Alright, I've just noticed that there is one, and only one, important engine role that KW doesn't cover. Nuclear engines. Are there any plans in that area? A nuclear engine would be awesome.

By the way, what was that Ceres pod that I heard about? Is it an abandoned project?

Alright, I've just noticed that there is one, and only one, important engine role that KW doesn't cover. Nuclear engines. Are there any plans in that area? A nuclear engine would be awesome.

By the way, what was that Ceres pod that I heard about? Is it an abandoned project?

May I recommend the ftmn engines from http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/26286-Nucleonics-Ltd-Rocketry-Division

Let me second that recommendation. Those nukes are AWESOME.

A little request,is it possible to add a decoupler function the side mounted fuel tanks, the ST-25 and the ST-37?

Because right now it looks a bit odd when you have a decoupler on them, they stick out a bit.

I always use the flat decouplers so I don't really see where you're coming from.

Well until Kommitz decides to create a 3.75m engine, which I've inquired about btw, there will be a gap that could be filled...

And while the fatman's are indeed awesome, I wonder what a KW Rocketry Nuclear engine would look like......

Edit: Fourth Recommendation for the Fatman pack

Edited by Railgunner2160