[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Hello!

I have a problem with this (awesome) addon (I am using the latest version of it, on 0.22): while all parts show up in sandbox mode, they don't in career mode. I have researched everything up to fuel pumps, and from some videos I looked up it seems like I should already have some KW parts.

I installed the mod copying the game data folder into the game data folder of KSP, and the ships folder into the ships one. I didn't use the "no auto shroud" folder.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

PS (My game also started crashing once I updated KW Rocketry and B9, and I also raised the texture res.....any idea why?)

You have to go into the R&D building and click on every. single. part. Yes, it's tedious, but you have to do it unless you want to make a new career save.

Oh, and your picture made me think you were taverious.

Having an odd issue with this, none of the parts stick together. I build something in the VAB and when I take it to launch pad it just falls apart. Same thing with the example ships included with the pack, everything just falls off. I have tried uninstalling the pack and re-downloading and same problem

You have to go into the R&D building and click on every. single. part. Yes, it's tedious, but you have to do it unless you want to make a new career save.

Oh, and your picture made me think you were taverious.

I've already checked that, the parts are still missing :(. I'll try starting a new career save. Also, who's taverious :) ?

Hello!

I installed the mod copying the game data folder into the game data folder of KSP, and the ships folder into the ships one. I didn't use the "no auto shroud" folder.

Taking what you've said literally that's wrong.

If there is a gamedata folder inside KSP's gamedata folder you've installed it incorrectly.

I'm having another weird issue where parts are showing up twice in career mode. I went to go through and click on each one in the R&D tree and noticed there are dups. I only installed KW Rocketry once (duh), but still seeing double the parts.

Any ideas?

Taking what you've said literally that's wrong.

If there is a gamedata folder inside KSP's gamedata folder you've installed it incorrectly.

Wow, the creator in person :). I explained myself incorrectly: I copied the folder called "KW Rocketry" into the KSP Game data folder. So basically I have Game Data>>KWRocketry>>Parts.

Also I copied the files inside the "Ships" folder under the VAB KSP folder, so that I've got Ships>>VAB>>(KW Rocketry ships).

Thanks you for your support :)! Your work is amazing :)

P.S: The weird thing is that all KW Rocketry parts show up and work perfectly in Sandbox mode.

Edited by Octavianus

Alright so I've downloaded the correct folder and everything but when I put the kw rocketry into my gamedata folder it does not work. I've deleted and redownloaded both my ksp and kw rocketry and put kw into the gamedata, probably upwards of 16 times and it never works. I need help.

Alright so I've downloaded the correct folder and everything but when I put the kw rocketry into my gamedata folder it does not work. I've deleted and redownloaded both my ksp and kw rocketry and put kw into the gamedata, probably upwards of 16 times and it never works. I need help.

Did you only download the low-res version? You have to install the high-res version first, then install the low-res version over it.

Hi guys/gals,

Hope someone can help, first time using this mod since the patch which added the career mode. As usual with a major update I uninstalled KSP and started from scratch and added this mod. Now while going through career mode I noticed something odd, some parts would show up greyed out stating that the part "requires an entry purchase in R&D". I've gone to the tech tree and clicked on every part so they all say "owned" most still show up greyed out unable to select. Any ideas what would have gone wrong?

Thanks

Hi guys/gals,

Hope someone can help, first time using this mod since the patch which added the career mode. As usual with a major update I uninstalled KSP and started from scratch and added this mod. Now while going through career mode I noticed something odd, some parts would show up greyed out stating that the part "requires an entry purchase in R&D". I've gone to the tech tree and clicked on every part so they all say "owned" most still show up greyed out unable to select. Any ideas what would have gone wrong?

Thanks

Are you using any mods that change the tech tree?

Hallo

In the previous Version the fairings seperated, with some Powe and get some Distance from the Vessel, now they are only seperated, if the Vessel is not accelerating they just stack on the Vessel, is this how it should work now?

Sorry for my English ^^.

Daywalker1986

I know that there is a texture reduction pack for KW, but is it worth it still, since I remember that a couple of updates back, the textures in the standalone pack got shrunk. If the reduction pack IS worth it, is the old version ok to use?

I know that there is a texture reduction pack for KW, but is it worth it still, since I remember that a couple of updates back, the textures in the standalone pack got shrunk. If the reduction pack IS worth it, is the old version ok to use?

There is a texture reduction pack in the OP. It only shrinks the normals and emmisives, though. It doesn't change the diffuse maps.

Are you using any mods that change the tech tree?

Nope just this mod.

Update:

I've solved the problem I was having, at first I tried a clean install of the mod but it didn't work. I deleted the KWrocketry folder, restarted the computer, started KSP, shut the game down and then installed the mod. This fixed the issue, thought I would post this here just in case anyone else was having the same issue. I did NOT have to start all over again with a new save :)

Edited by Laphtiya

For a long time I've head a bunch of rocket sounds knocking about on my hard drive but I've never been able to get them working in KSP.

However, Kyle recently figured out a way to get them working.

Here's a quick look at the custom liquid engine and SRB ignition and loop sounds as well as the launch vehicle and fairing subassemblies that we are including in v2.5.5.

There will also be a few minor parts added.

The volumes of the sounds might still need some tweaking, for example small SRBs that are usually used in twos, fours and sixes etc should probably be a bit quieter, but you get the idea.

Edited by Winston