[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I'm not sure if this is a Rocketry thing or not, but my engines keep jolting suddenly under the slightest bit or torque, leaving them almost dangling in an offset position.

My control inputs are very gentle during initial ascent, but I typically perform a 90 degree roll so that any radial engines are aligned horizontally. Even if I turn at the slowest rate possible by gingerly tapping the roll key, the engines still jolt violently.

Generally speaking this happens on all the larger 2m-3m engines, KSP can't seem to handle it. The solutions are to generally strut engines or alternatively look into using a joint reinforcement mod. You can look at the subassy ships for examples of strut placement.

Generally speaking this happens on all the larger 2m-3m engines, KSP can't seem to handle it. The solutions are to generally strut engines or alternatively look into using a joint reinforcement mod. You can look at the subassy ships for examples of strut placement.

Hmm, I thought attaching struts directly to engines was a bad idea. I've had issues in the past by placing struts on to the interstage section where an engine is housed, but I suppose that was attaching the stage section rather than the engine itself.

Hmm, I thought attaching struts directly to engines was a bad idea. I've had issues in the past by placing struts on to the interstage section where an engine is housed, but I suppose that was attaching the stage section rather than the engine itself.

It's been my fix ever since I've played KSP and I haven't had any issues I couldn't overcome. It's either that or Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod, which is pretty neat regardless.

Speaking of fixes,

v2.5.6B released.

- The new docking ring works as intended now.

Grab it from spaceport or the alt link from the OP.

Nice, I was actually in the middle of redesigning with stock Sr. ports. Just curious though, how much sturdier are two 3m ports compared to two 2.5m ports? If building a fairly long station for example, is there considerably less wobble when turning (assuming inadequate structural integrity elsewhere)?

Well the 3m-5m rockets in novapunch don't wobble, i don't know what the difference could be.. :/

Anyone else having trouble placing 3.75m extended fairing cones and walls? As of 2.5.6B, they don't want to place with triple symmetry. I can place the first one, but the second I have to rotate manually, at which point it shows the remaining two thirds as placeable, but clicking does nothing.

EDIT: Restarting the game seemed to fix it.

Edited by Bobe

Anyone else having trouble placing 3.75m extended fairing cones and walls? As of 2.5.6B, they don't want to place with triple symmetry. I can place the first one, but the second I have to rotate manually, at which point it shows the remaining two thirds as placeable, but clicking does nothing.

EDIT: Restarting the game seemed to fix it.

I have that very rarely, I normally rotate the fairing base 180 and the tri-symmetry kicks back in.

In regards to the stiffness of the docking joint, it should be stronger due to the higher mass of the parts involved.

Well the 3m-5m rockets in novapunch don't wobble, i don't know what the difference could be.. :/

I did do an investigation into that some time ago, I can't offhand remember why. I'll dig it back up again at some point.

Strangely enough, when I try to launch a rocket with KWRocketry installed it immediately crashes and I have no idea why. It doesn't freeze or anything beforehand.

If you have a bunch of other mods installed KSP could be butting up against the memory limit for 32-bit processes. B9 for sure takes up a bunch of memory, and installing a texture reduction pack helps greatly. Additionally reducing texture quality to half resolution in the graphics options helps a bit as well.

I have a problem with the 3m docking port. It has the right size in the VAB, but when i launch the Rocket its only the size of the 2m parts:

7OQ7bv4.jpg

Im pretty sure i downloaded version 2.5.6B...

Root parts with rescaleFactor of not-1 and MODEL and scale = line of also not-1s causes that bug.

Sounds like KSP isn't behaving like it should (when does it ever). I'll have a look into manually rescaling all the vectors at some point to eliminate one of the scalings. I suppose I'll also add the fact that mine all work perfectly and I haven't been able to get them to start scaling incorrectly.

does this mod work with the career mode? just wondering as its HARD building rockets in career with the limited number of parts.
hey awesome mod

everything is okay but in career mod KSP means that the parts have to be in the tech tree. i need some help :/

KW Parts all fit in the stock tech tree somewhere, assuming you've correctly installed KW they should all be there.

Edited by Kickasskyle

can we get a list of the tonnage each lifter subassembly can push to LKO?

I'd probably be better for you to just experiment on your own, though I can see why such a thing would be helpful. That said I might look into it if I'm not busy doing other stuff.

okay thanks

i thought that i just have to reseach the branch but i have to got to every sing part and reseach it again.

thanks again :D

and yes my english terible

You english is not terrible. There are a lot of errors in it, but they're mostly typos and missing letters. I've seen english that's much worse than that.

For some reason not all the mod is loading. I fallowed the instructions and I have the fuel tanks and solid rocket boosters but none of the other items show up. I can't figure out why the rest of the stuff isn't loading.

For some reason not all the mod is loading. I fallowed the instructions and I have the fuel tanks and solid rocket boosters but none of the other items show up. I can't figure out why the rest of the stuff isn't loading.

I'm having the same problem, and it's weird because in the debug menu I flicked through all the parts and the engine configs seem to be loaded.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I installed it wrong, but before checking that I checked here and presumed I did it right because someone else was having the same problem. Not completely sure why it happened but a reinstall fixed it.

Edited by Rureglathon

Love the new docking port! Super neat design, and a piece of functionality I've been wanting for a while. It would be great to also have a normal, low profile 3.75m docking ring (maybe .5tons?).

Thanks for making KW Rocketry even more awesome!

Wonderful set of parts. Quick bug report / request though: if you enable surfaceAttach (via EditorExtensions or just modifying the .cfg), it tries to attach the center of the engine to the surface, instead of the edge of the engine. This makes it impossible to have multiple engines on the bottom of a fuel tank. Could this be fixed?

Thanks again!

Needs a node_attach in the part.cfg. If it doesn't exist, KSP uses the part's origin (0,0,0). Working as designed; if you want to cluster engines, put cubic struts on the bottom and clip the engines onto them (since struts have clipping enabled, you don't even have to turn it on).