[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Every time i enter VAB or SPH KSP just CTD..

The game starts up fine, but when i try to enter the VAB or the Space hangar the game just crash, every time. :/

Can provide with any information if asked.

Edit: I've tried to figure out what it is that's making it crash, i've created a new game, still crash.

Everything i did only made it crash except removing the KW pack, then it works fine! So it's something in the KW pack that make it crash.

Edit 2: Checked the crash logs, got this:KERNELBASE.dll caused a Breakpoint (0x80000003)

in module KERNELBASE.dll at 0023:75a63219.

I'm having pretty much the same problem, I open up the VAB or SPH it works for a second then after like 5 seconds it freezes. I suspect it has something to do with memory.

Every time i enter VAB or SPH KSP just CTD..

The game starts up fine, but when i try to enter the VAB or the Space hangar the game just crash, every time. :/

Can provide with any information if asked.

Edit: I've tried to figure out what it is that's making it crash, i've created a new game, still crash.

Everything i did only made it crash except removing the KW pack, then it works fine! So it's something in the KW pack that make it crash.

Edit 2: Checked the crash logs, got this:KERNELBASE.dll caused a Breakpoint (0x80000003)

in module KERNELBASE.dll at 0023:75a63219.

I honestly have no idea what is wrong.

The best strategy I can suggest is remove half the KW files, reboot, check, repeating this process until you've figured out which part exactly caused it. I'm assuming of course it is one part.

Failing that a clean install never hurts.

Edited by Kickasskyle

Sorry for the iffy start there, we're running off of mediafire until we fix spaceport.

Dare i say we got abit overexcited and ahead of ourselves.

At some point i'm hoping to do what CBBP did and manufacture some.

Please don't go procedural fairings. I like them and all but I also really enjoy having the standard fairings you have now. If you go procedural, could you make it optional so some of us can still use the originals we know and love?

Please don't go procedural fairings. I like them and all but I also really enjoy having the standard fairings you have now. If you go procedural, could you make it optional so some of us can still use the originals we know and love?

That was the plan.

Just saw this, and read the bit about Soyuz parts. Not only is KW back, it has Soyuz engines...

I think that's when I fainted. I may still be dreaming.

I stared at my screen in joyous disbelief for a full 30 seconds at least.

I honestly have no idea what is wrong.

The best strategy I can suggest is remove half the KW files, reboot, check, repeating this process until you've figured out which part exactly caused it. I'm assuming of course it is one part.

Failing that a clean install never hurts.

Found it!

It was the fairings!

Not sure exactly what part, but i removed both "FaringBases" and the "Fairnings" folder

Edit: Well, it works.. kind of. But the whole game lags, like 1-2 fps. And that often results in a crash.

Guess i have to continue my search.

Edit 2: I think i found the cause, i removed the engines, now everything works, no crash, no 1fps.

Could it be something with the autoshroud function?

Gonna be adding back one engine after another until i figure out which one it it exactly.

Edited by zYnthethicz

Found it!

It was the fairings!

Not sure exactly what part, but i removed both "FaringBases" and the "Fairnings" folder, now it works like a charm!

If it's not too much trouble, could you perhaps add some back until you find the exact part that did it.

I can't replicate the bug my side and it might just be a case of re-exporting the part again.

Just saw this, and read the bit about Soyuz parts. Not only is KW back, it has Soyuz engines...

I think that's when I fainted. I may still be dreaming.

Well, Soyuz tanks.

You could have SPS engines on the bottom of each tank if you were so inclined.

If it's not too much trouble, could you perhaps add some back until you find the exact part that did it.

I can't replicate the bug my side and it might just be a case of re-exporting the part again.

Sorry, i don't think it was the fairings, updated my post.

Found it!

It was the fairings!

Not sure exactly what part, but i removed both "FaringBases" and the "Fairnings" folder

Edit: Well, it works.. kind of. But the whole game lags, like 1-2 fps. And that often results in a crash.

Guess i have to continue my search.

Edit 2: I think i found the cause, i removed the engines, now everything works, no crash, no 1fps.

Could it be something with the autoshroud function?

Gonna be adding back one engine after another until i figure out which one it it exactly.

You could try giving it a whirl with the no autoshroud configs too.

Back with a smaller footprint ?

It's no wonder i fly almost always with these parts on.

EDIT: Someone actually had made a size-reducing patch of the set, those who had installed it should not forget to remove it ;)

EDIT2: For the love of Kod, remove the KW folder when updating!

Edited by Mokmo

I too am having problems with the pack

if I get into the game with the entire pack in, it crashes

removing the fairings and fairingbases allows me to get into the game, but I crash in the transition between the spacecenter scene and the VAB scene.

any fixes for this?

hm ok.. the filesize may be smaller, but the ingame memory footprint is bigger than ever. just did some testing. started a fresh KSP install with KWR only (no other mods). this is the KSP.exe memory usage on the title sceen:

Stock: 1,48gb

KWR 2.4: 1,8gb

KWR 2.4+: 1,68gb

KWR 2.5: 2,38gb

together with my other mods i normally use, its way too much :(

You could try giving it a whirl with the no autoshroud configs too.

Man, i just don't know at this point, i added them back one by one.

Now i have added every single one, and it works without a hitch.

But now when i try to load a craft file, it crash. This is ridiculously weird.

Edit: Now it occasionally crashes with this in the error log:

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module mono.dll at 0023:10001c1c.

​Should i reinstall or what?

Edited by zYnthethicz