[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I'd have to echo with the requests for a few new SRBs.

I'd love a huge Space Shuttle Booster type one, with insane power and thrust but being very awkward to incorporate into a design that isn't totally massive.

Also, a shorter SRB that could be repeatedly stacked, yet is able to still have some lifting power, such as the Minotaur V's design would be pretty cool.

Have you looked at Advanced SRB? It allows you to stack segments and use a different engine nozzle for varying thrust totals and curves.

Also, Stretchy SRB, which allows you to tune the capacity and thrust, but you can't have a variable thrust curve like the Advanced pack.

Well, we don't know what your problem is.

My problem is that even after researching the parts in career mode I go to the vehicle assembly building and everything of the Kw I research goes back to not being research so can't use it. The mod works fine in sandbox mode.

Just remembered, I came up with a really small bug using KW. (My other post is missing?, hopefully not double-posting for this). When using your 230 thrust 1.25 engine, the center of mass disappears from the ship, you just can't see it anymore. It will pop up momentarily the first time you hit the button but then goes away. I know it is that part specifically because I pulled my ship apart piece by piece to figure it out and it appeared as soon as it was removed. I also replaced it with another engine with no troubles. The other parts don't seem to have that issue, just the one.

Just remembered, I came up with a really small bug using KW. (My other post is missing?, hopefully not double-posting for this). When using your 230 thrust 1.25 engine, the center of mass disappears from the ship, you just can't see it anymore. It will pop up momentarily the first time you hit the button but then goes away. I know it is that part specifically because I pulled my ship apart piece by piece to figure it out and it appeared as soon as it was removed. I also replaced it with another engine with no troubles. The other parts don't seem to have that issue, just the one.

I'll take a look at it.

As far as .23 goes I haven't had the chance to take a looksie yet, I was busy yesterday. I'll take a look tonight and work on the next iteration.

Hey Kyle, could you look in to maybe finding a way to do expanding engine FX? it has been something that i have wanted forever.

What i mean is if you watch a RL rocket take off, the combustion products are well defined and relatively small and as the atmospheric pressure decreases the cone expands.

B7

So, sort of by chance I reproduced my earlier bug in a different way. The CoM disappears when I right click one of your engines, and it stays 'broke' regardless of whether I tweaked it or not. I can replace it with a 'fresh' engine and it shows up again. It doesn't seem to happen with the stock engines but if I find another instance I'll let you know.