[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Have you ever thought about making any command pods? I would love to have some KW pods, and I'm sure everyone else would too...

I was just thinking this as well! :D Id love to see some KW command pods :) Maybe some with a larger capacity than stock but bigger/heavier :) Thinking boeing cst-100 or Dragon style :D I cant think of much that KW is missing other than command pods :)

Has anyone tried tweaking the attachment node coordinates on the tanks and such? I've noticed sometimes when mixing KW tanks with stock engines, that the attachment nodes seem to be recessed into the tanks a little bit, because you end up with 'conflicting texture banding' or whatever it's called around the edges because the engine model is partway inside the tank model.

How do i turn off the smoke trails and maybe the engine graphics? the game cant handle 100+ rockets XD

i seen a video on you-tube but he didn't explain how. I checked the settings.CFG file but didn't see anything in there about engine smoke/trails.

Edited by Pepachu

How do i turn off the smoke trails and maybe the engine graphics? the game cant handle 100+ rockets XD

i seen a video on you-tube but he didn't explain how. I checked the settings.CFG file but didn't see anything in there about engine smoke/trails.

You have to go into the config for the parts in question. The configs are in the KW folder.

There seems to be engines and SRB's missing in the latest version, I couldn't load some of my craft because of missing parts.

If you would bothered with reading the changelog, you would know that one SRB , the Globe X-5 was removed in v.2.5.6 (No offense but there is no need to ask if it is clearly stated in the OP)

If you would bothered with reading the changelog, you would know that one SRB , the Globe X-5 was removed in v.2.5.6 (No offense but there is no need to ask if it is clearly stated in the OP)

Thanks, I didn't see that.

Has the Thor SRB's been changed because it won't load one of my ships that uses them?

Thanks, I didn't see that.

Has the Thor SRB's been changed because it won't load one of my ships that uses them?

The stats have changed to allow for more varied use via tweakables, Unless you were using the now defunct HT version there shouldn't be anything stopping it loading.

Just drag the folder in Gamedata into Gamedata and leave extras, unless you want fairing-less engines.

The extras folder also contains the subassemblies and the reduced volume launch clamps sounds (which are damn useful). Instructions to install that stuff is located in the text file.

The stats have changed to allow for more varied use via tweakables, Unless you were using the now defunct HT version there shouldn't be anything stopping it loading.

The extras folder also contains the subassemblies and the reduced volume launch clamps sounds (which are damn useful). Instructions to install that stuff is located in the text file.

However I don't have subassemblies files to add to. They are supposed to be under the Extras folder in the main KSP folder.

However I don't have subassemblies files to add to. They are supposed to be under the Extras folder in the main KSP folder.

I'm assuming what you're saying is that you don't already have sub assemblies in your current save? Use the install instructions.

Thanks for the reply :)

it's ok I'll just rebuild

Hey, am I the only one who is having only KW fail to load all the parts?

KSP itself loads, but I only get some of the basic tanks, none of the engines or useful tanks.

I installed rbray's texture manager plugin and the reduction pack, but those shouldn't be causing this, infact they're supposed to prevent it.

Sounds like you installed it to a folder with a different name. Make sure you grab the KWRocketry folder from GameData in the zip and put it in your GameData. Don't rename it or put it under a different folder, etc.

Ah, you gave me an idea.

I dug around and found that most of the parts use MODEL{} modules instead of model = name.something, so using Notepad++ I changed the KWRocketry in all of the parts into tKWRocketry(I renamed it to organize parts).

Thank you, and I hope this helps people.

Yeah I just installed this and none of the engines are showing up, so uhhhh? What do? I Installed by extracting the KW Release Package v2.5.6B folder into my gamedata folder and didn't do anything with the extra options.

Yeah I just installed this and none of the engines are showing up, so uhhhh? What do? I Installed by extracting the KW Release Package v2.5.6B folder into my gamedata folder and didn't do anything with the extra options.

Same here. I run other mods, but it occurs with KWR by itself too. I'm running OSX, don't know if that changes anything.

You're doing it all wrong. Inside the release package folder, there is a GameData folder. Inside the GameData folder, there is a folder called KWRocketry. Place THAT folder into GameData, and the engines will work.

You're doing it all wrong. Inside the release package folder, there is a GameData folder. Inside the GameData folder, there is a folder called KWRocketry. Place THAT folder into GameData, and the engines will work.

That's the way I did it at least. I extracted the file, went in and copy & pasted the KWRocketry folder.

That's the way I did it at least. I extracted the file, went in and copy & pasted the KWRocketry folder.

All right, that is weird. You must have done something wrong, because I've got all the engines.