[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

My game started crashing randomly as well. There's issues with the new engine fairings in the KOSMOS pack also, where my framerate will drop like a rock when I try to use them in the VAB. I'll try putting in the manual fairings folder and see what happens for KW.

Nice stuff but I just don't have 159MB to play with in my GameData :-/ Adding this new version I can't even start the game, it just runs out of memory loading. So I'm afraid I ended up deleting 125MB worth that I'll probably never use. Too many mods, not enough memory for a 32 bit KSP to play with.

hm ok.. the filesize may be smaller, but the ingame memory footprint is bigger than ever. just did some testing. started a fresh KSP install with KWR only (no other mods). this is the KSP.exe memory usage on the title sceen

Well I am redoing the redux version currently. i'll dump all the textures down a size and tweak them so you don't get horrific seams and the like.

I tried the engines without autoshroud, but they don't show up in VAB.

What do?

I'm assuming you didn't delete the models/textures and simply overwrote the cfgs for the non autoshroud versions?

On another note, for the redux version I plan on packaging it so you can pick and choose which redux textures to install. So you could use the reduced textures but with the fullsize normal maps etc.

I'm assuming you didn't delete the models/textures and simply overwrote the cfgs for the non autoshroud versions?

On another note, for the redux version I plan on packaging it so you can pick and choose which redux textures to install. So you could use the reduced textures but with the fullsize normal maps etc.

Yeah, i did.

Also, if i don't remove the fairings, the game crashes when entering VAB..

And even if i have the nonautoshroud version the game occasionally crashes and huge fps drop. :(

Edit: Removing the pack makes everything smooth again, can load crafts just fine.

Edited by zYnthethicz

This looks great. I never bothered trying KW because all of the tanks I'd seen had logos on them, but the engines are spectacular and you've got a few odds and ends that I really like. Plus, the Soyuz-alike parts are awesome.

First thing first: your emblem graphic? Very slick!

Second, very excited about trying this new pack (with a smaller memory footprint). Excellent work!

EDIT: Bummer, I'm getting crashes on load now--I can use the old pack, but not the new pack. Not sure what might be causing it (not a memory error, since this one is smaller). I don't think KSP was patched recently, and deleting the whole directory and installing it didn't work. Using the non-auto shroud option doesn't work either.

Edited by Synthesis

Hi all, first post, sorry it's about a problem,

I seem to be getting only parts of the Mod? Like, as in I get some parts but it doesn't seem like very many, not many new rockets, fuel tanks and a new fangled RCS, but I cant seem to find fairing stuff at all. I've watched the video, so I know it's supposed to be in structures, but the only parts I have are some new struts and the big adapters. There is no faring base, nose cone, or sidewalls that I can find, and I also find no new engines of any kind. I also cant find the "ships" folder the installation directions refer to at all. I'd be inclined to believe maybe I just got a bad download, but I've deleted and re-downloaded 3 times now in addition to restarting the game maybe half a dozen times. I'm new to the game, and the only other mod I've installed is RendezMe, so it's certainly possible I'm doing something wrong, but I can't tell what. Can anyone possibly give me some sort of direction or help? Am I not putting folders in the right place? Not extracting correctly? Sorry if I'm being obtuse.

Cheers!

This is AWESOME! Thanks for the update!

I oddly found that after installing the new KW, sans fairings, my game memory usage skyrocketed to 4GB from 3.2GB. After reducing all textures by 50%, it now fits snugly back into 3.2GB. It would appear that the new reduced size KW is actually larger! (I did use the KWPlus optimizations previously.) I don't really mind 50% sized textures though. I'm off to try out the side mount tanks. I've been needing those!

Memory usage skyrocketed arround 500 MB only by the new KW release sorry but this is bad for me and others I think, cause KW is not the only mod I got installed and I don't want to delete other mods for using KW sorry but I stick to the last relase before 2.5 as long as textures or other things that can be reduced to save memmory are not done.

No insult meant but it is as it is the memory usage of current version of KW ist TO BIG!

Maybe this comes partly by the new bumbmaps.

If we hat a 64 bit KSP for windows i woould not mind but since it is 32 bit their is a hardcoded Borderline arround 3.8 GB Memory usage.

Maybe an alternate release with resized textures to save memory would be nice to have?

I noticed that the RCS Quad in this pack does not properly apply lateral thrust when translating - at least, according to RCS Build Aid. It appears that the thrust vector for sideways thrust is actually directed 5-10 degrees to aft. Replacing with normal stock RCS quads shows the correct thrust direction. I'd prefer the improved Isp of the KW ones, but not if it affects actual translation.

Oh god, why did I not know about this...

KW Rocketry is my absolute favorite mod of all time, if I had to get rid of every mod except one, KW would be the one that sticks.

Having a run over with the parts, and doing a re-design of my baseline lifter, integrating said parts.