[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Hey guys, have a bit of a problem here. I have installed this before but I was just reinstalling on a new computer, and whenever I go to start the game it gets stuck at loading the part 1mMaverik1D/part/kw1meng or something like that, and it does not load anything after that. Any ideas?

On 12/18/2015 at 3:43 PM, galactictaco said:

so in asking this i recognize its been asked and answered but I'm still getting no where...i can't see any engines or other parts when i install the kW 2.7 and the community fixes minus the weird patches (which begs the question why they are in there) and i removed the emission thing but can't find any FX throttle animate download so i can't finish that replacement...so I've done what the magic board told me to do, mostly, but i see no parts anywhere in tech tree or in VAB in a sandbox save. so what am i missing? i remember an older fix was replacing .cfg files, is that a possible thing i can do somehow or would that be counterproductive?

There should no longer be any dependencies.  You previously needed ModuleAnimateEmissive, but now (with the community patches) it uses a stock module instead.  The only community patch you should delete is the interstage one - the rest contain critical fixes (and make sure you're on the latest version of the patches).  The best way to debug this problem would be for you to provide an output log (explained in first link in my signature).

41 minutes ago, orbitalsolider said:

Hey guys, have a bit of a problem here. I have installed this before but I was just reinstalling on a new computer, and whenever I go to start the game it gets stuck at loading the part 1mMaverik1D/part/kw1meng or something like that, and it does not load anything after that. Any ideas?

1) Welcome to the forums :D

2) Please provide your output log so that we can try to debug the problem.  These issues are usually pretty easy to fix but it's impossible to know exactly what's going wrong without the log.  If you don't know what or where the log is, follow the first link in my signature.  And you do have the community patches, right?

so i redownloaded the community stuff, and thats all in there as you've suggested but it still isn't showing in game, idk how to get to the log thing, i found a file called KSP.log and its super long and idk what you mean when you say to provide it, like copy and paste it into a comment? the one thing I've noticed is the file KWcommunityfixes is a .version, is that correct? i never saw a file with that on it, should i make it a .cfg or something? basically i have it set up that the stuff from communityfixes and the ordinary KW download are in a folder together in my game data folder. I'm having similar problems with near future solar, but so is every one judging from the forums

1 hour ago, galactictaco said:

so i redownloaded the community stuff, and thats all in there as you've suggested but it still isn't showing in game, idk how to get to the log thing, i found a file called KSP.log and its super long and idk what you mean when you say to provide it, like copy and paste it into a comment? the one thing I've noticed is the file KWcommunityfixes is a .version, is that correct? i never saw a file with that on it, should i make it a .cfg or something? basically i have it set up that the stuff from communityfixes and the ordinary KW download are in a folder together in my game data folder. I'm having similar problems with near future solar, but so is every one judging from the forums

Where to find the log is explained in the first link in my signature (how to get support).  Yes, the log is long, but it says basically everything that KSP is doing and it's very hard to identify problems without it.

I have a question: When I put a random decupler under a KWRocketry engine, there are no fairings, does anybody knows why and how to fix it?

I tried to download, deinstall and install it mutiple times with CKAN, Kerbal Stuff, and the Mega download. Nothing worked!! Pls help.

2 hours ago, krebal said:

I have a question: When I put a random decupler under a KWRocketry engine, there are no fairings, does anybody knows why and how to fix it?

I tried to download, deinstall and install it mutiple times with CKAN, Kerbal Stuff, and the Mega download. Nothing worked!! Pls help.

I believe you need to use the interstage decouplers if you are looking for engine fairings

31 minutes ago, blowfish said:

The engine fairings should be back with the latest version of the community fixes.  Is it possible you have an old version?

Thank you for the heads-up b, I was not aware.

KW 2.7 and community patch 0.4.2.

I found a couple of what look like old cfgs judging from other posts (KWPatch-interstage and KWPatch - 2), deleted them and the decoupler fairings work great.

1 hour ago, highastrophyscist said:

Hey so does anyone know if they're gonna make a 1.05 update or if those hotfixes on kerbalstuff are all that they're gonna do. If the hotfixes are all they're doing could someone explain how to install them better than the readme in them because I can't get them to work. 

Install the latest version of ModuleManager. Put the community patches somewhere in gamedata. That's it. 

46 minutes ago, Thunderalex1 said:

Hello, I'm having trouble loading ksp because the loading screen freezes when it tries to load this:

''KWRocketry/Parts/Solids/025mGlobel/part/RO_KWsrbGlobeI_Castor4''

Does someone have an answer to this? Thanks in advance

1. Welcome to the forums :D
  2. You will need to provide your output log in order for us to debug the issue.  Instructions on how to do that are in the first link in my signature.

1 hour ago, Thunderalex1 said:

Dropbox     maybe this works.

It looks like you don't have the latest version of the community fixes and still have ModuleAnimateEmissive installed.  KW Rocketry by itself is not compatible with 1.0.5 - you need the fixes.