[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

A problem: KW 2.6d2, fairing on Titan V doesn't decouple when I stage. Changing "IsFairing" parameter in config from False to True fixed that problem, but I wonder - why is it set to False? I suppose you tried to replicate S-II interstage, but it doesn't seem to work (at least for me).

BTW, I've tried to replicate it with 5m interstage, but it seems that either T-V second top node or interstage's top (explosive) node is placed wrong - it clips into the engine body. Or I am doing something wrong...

Anyone else getting the 5m decoupler interstage not decoupling ?

Edit : Oh... looks like I'm apparently not the only one

Interesting. I just put a prototype Apollo Direct I've been toying with atop a scratch-built KW version of a Saturn V, and she performs like a dream. So much so that I'm considering using the KW version over the Saturn V I've been working with. Everything staged as expected right down the line.

Well I must have done something bad, every interstage is now completely messed up and doesn't work at all, They make the noise of staging when I activate them, but the vehicle doesn't separate properly and I can even control the throttle of the lower engine ! Maybe a conflict with another mod. That said, the last mod I installed was DMagic Orbital Science.. quite strange.

EDIT : It works now. It's my fault, I made a mistake while stacking the parts. One millimeter away and you miss the good attach node y'know :)

Edited by OrbitalSolutionsLtd

EDIT : It works now. It's my fault, I made a mistake while stacking the parts. One millimeter away and you miss the good attach node y'know :)

Yeah they are kinda finicky. I switched mine over to omni decouplers -- it simplifies the attach problems and looks more realistic.

It would appear that the scaling issue is back. For me at least. I have 2.6d2, and it was working just fine. Then sometime last night, my engines stopped being the right size. I have tried re-installing, to no use. The configs even say the scale should be 1,1,1

Btw, a minor thing: I think the nose-cones need a bit of a cost-rebalance. Afaik the current prices are based on the early ksp-prices, aren't they? These prices have been corrected in the meantime, since they originally were far to high. Kinda weird how such a simple structural piece costs half as much as a 12 ton heavy booster.

Hi ! How did you manage to make the sounds, especially for the Griffon XX starting up ? I am truly interested in making sounds with this much quality.

I don't really know anything about sound design, I just get an idea of what I'd like an engine to sound like and then take audio from movies, actual rocket launches, TV shows, documentaries and those sound effect websites and then try to piece them together and layer them to create something that fits.

For the Griffon XX, as far as I can remember, I used the sound of a drone crashing and exploding from the movie Oblivion, a couple of sounds from The Hobbit, including Gandalf casting a spell of some sort, some other things I can't remember and several rocket loop sounds in the background fading in/out as needed. The Griffon Century has a lot of stuff in it, from Game of Thrones wildfire to space shuttle launches and a T-Rex roar from Jurassic Park.

I can't claim any credit for the individual bits of sound used, all I do is collect hundreds of different sounds from a large variety of sources and edit them together to the best of my meagre Audacity ability.

Edited by Winston

Did anyone experience wrong delta-v and TWR readouts in MechJeb's delta-v windows when using large SRB like Thor? Problem is that when vessel is launchpad, it shows crazy small TWR, some unrealistic delta-v and burn time much more than it actually is, even though just a second ago in VAB and values were ok. At the same time Engineer Redux is working fine both in VAB and in flight. MJ's stats go back to normal after those SRB's are decoupled.

Did anyone experience wrong delta-v and TWR readouts in MechJeb's delta-v windows when using large SRB like Thor?

My guess is that sarbian hasn't taken into account that the SRBs can never run below 50% thrust. If you tweak the trust to 0, that means they run at 50%, not 0%. However, I think it Padishar that make KER work correctly with them. Doesn't really bother me as I only use KER in the editors anyway.

Possible bug report;

When attaching either KW Rocketry Maverick-1D or KW Rocketry WildCat-V (not tested others yet) to a HH-250-C insulated fuel tank which is attached radially via TT-70 radial decoupler the engines do not attach to the fuel tank base.

When clicking to attach they become "stuck" to the cursor. The attach node disappears. Removing the engine (clicking it back on the menu) and trying to put another in its place does not work. Only fix is either Crtl+Z to undo to a state prior to KW engine attachment or load ship.

N.B. when going to attach engine it does not "meet" the fuel tank, but is suspended on the node below.

I am running quite a few mods, but all where updated yesterday (29/10/14) so all should be current.

Career Mode

0.25 version number

x86 .exe

P.S. re-tested using KW fuel tank on side. Bug still present, KW engines not attaching. I do have TWO version of Maverick-1D in my parts list as well. Any suggestions?

My guess is that sarbian hasn't taken into account that the SRBs can never run below 50% thrust. If you tweak the trust to 0, that means they run at 50%, not 0%. However, I think it Padishar that make KER work correctly with them. Doesn't really bother me as I only use KER in the editors anyway.

Yeah, seems like you're right, this happened to SRBs that were tweaked below 50% of thrust.

Having major issues with the large 5m tanks and Thor II SRBs. I have four SRBs attached to the large 5m tank via the TT-70 radial decoupler, and upon release they just swing back into the tank. I tried solving the first problem by putting seperatrons on the top and bottom of the SRBs, but now when I decouple the 5m tank disappears even though the parts never interact except minor exhaust gasses from the seperatrons.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Edit: Changed the seperatrons to be 45 degrees outboard of center, so the exhaust no longer hits the tank, it worked "fine". I guess the 5m tanks are just very fragile.

Edited by ravenousjoe

Did anyone experience wrong delta-v and TWR readouts in MechJeb's delta-v windows when using large SRB like Thor? Problem is that when vessel is launchpad, it shows crazy small TWR, some unrealistic delta-v and burn time much more than it actually is, even though just a second ago in VAB and values were ok. At the same time Engineer Redux is working fine both in VAB and in flight. MJ's stats go back to normal after those SRB's are decoupled.

Try the newest version of MechJeb. AFAIK, it's been fixed.

Hey Marrv,

I believe I have a solution to your problem as I had an identical issue.

Make sure in your KSP GameData folder, you do not have a folder also called GameData with the KW rocketry mod inside of it.

I accidently made the mistake of having KW rocketry in both the main folder and putting a sub GameDate folder inside of it with the mod.

This duplication caused the double parts and other errors with the KW part I am fairly certain.

The grey Vessel box on the edge of the screen

I recently gave in and upgraded to 0.25 and installed all my usual mods I like to have.

I noticed the "grey Vessel box" in the VAB now, which I never have before (the reason why I didn't notice it the first time around)

I'm not complaining per se, but would just like to know which of my addons added that feature.