[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I need some help in using this mod efficiently:

1. Sometimes an engine appears to lower below the fuel tank - it still works but looks strange.

That's a stock bug. If you're using the newest version of KWR, it won't happen if you avoid having an engine as a root part.

2. I'm not sure how to use the larger diametres correctly. I can't mount them sideways, the radial decouplers are not strong enough to hold larger parts and the KW Rocketry mod doesn't add extra radial decouplers? I wonder if e.g. the Thor Heavy Booster rockets are supposed to be a first stage? Whenever I try to mount them sideways they just tear the radial decoupler apart (I can't use more than one, it will always just connect to one decoupler which leads to unavoidable wobbling).

As others have said, put struts on or use Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. I personally use KJR.

That's a stock bug. If you're using the newest version of KWR, it won't happen if you avoid having an engine as a root part.

umm... i did a complete reinstall of the mod, and all the modules from the last update of KWR have the issue, but the new ones do not...

all the modules from the last update of KWR have the issue, but the new ones do not

That's a little unclear - what do you mean by modules? If the new whatevers don't have this issue, what's the problem then? If you did a clean reinstall, there would be no old and new KWR parts in the same install in KSP. Anyway, to better diagnose your problem:

1, what version of KSP are you running what version of KWR on where the scaling bug is present?

2, if KWR 2.6d2 on KSP 0.90, would you kindly upload a craft file of a craft where this scaling down occurs? After checking that you're not using the engine as the root part, of course.

That's a little unclear - what do you mean by modules? If the new whatevers don't have this issue, what's the problem then? If you did a clean reinstall, there would be no old and new KWR parts in the same install in KSP. Anyway, to better diagnose your problem:

1, what version of KSP are you running what version of KWR on where the scaling bug is present?

2, if KWR 2.6d2 on KSP 0.90, would you kindly upload a craft file of a craft where this scaling down occurs? After checking that you're not using the engine as the root part, of course.

sorry, been playing eve too long, i meant parts. it won't let me place the parts, but it's the latest build, i just downloaded it today... i'll try another clean reinstall of the mod... in case i screwed it up

and i'm on the latest version of ksp

edit: no luck.

when i try to place anything from KW, it turns red, and won't let me attatch it anywhere. the new griffin and titan engines are unaffected. there are also duplicates of everything else...

Edited by Commissar

from KW, it turns red, and won't let me attatch it anywhere. the new griffin and titan engines are unaffected. there are also duplicates of everything else...

You didn't uninstall the old version first. Uninstall all things related to KW Rocketry and reinstall it.

already did. i deleted the kwrocketry folder inside gamedata, then pasted the new gamedata

Pretty much the only way to get duplicate parts is to have an extra copy of the mod somewhere in GameData. Double check that you don't have a copy in a subfolder.

Pretty much the only way to get duplicate parts is to have an extra copy of the mod somewhere in GameData. Double check that you don't have a copy in a subfolder.

well, obviously not, as there are no excess copies of kw. might it be a module manager issue?

i did some cleaning up and experimentation, by deleting the tweak Scale config for kw, i can place the parts, but the node is still offset

Edited by Commissar

I have some problems... First - The repulsive force from the fairings of the two parts is -200 or -100. Correct it, since I do not separate parts obtikateley, as a result the main unit remains inside it. 2: It is very difficult to find a mouse that area, which you can click that would drag the part. 3: Sometimes, when you click on that same zone and dragging it, I pereaskivayu also the inner content of the fairing.

well, obviously not, as there are no excess copies of kw. might it be a module manager issue?

i did some cleaning up and experimentation, by deleting the tweak Scale config for kw, i can place the parts, but the node is still offset

No and

I can't help you more without either a craft or preferably, an output_log.txt. It's standard practice for wanting help with mod issues.

No and

I can't help you more without either a craft or preferably, an output_log.txt. It's standard practice for wanting help with mod issues.

well, initially, it would not let me use kw parts at all, aside from the 5m parts. i did manage to fix it, i think it was (and still might be) a conflict with tweakscale.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/27saoyqg16x85uc/interstellar%20shuttle.craft?dl=0

Can anyone instruct me as how to properly use the interstage fairing adapters? Whenever I shroud an engine over with a KW rocketry interstage fairing adapter, the game thinks the engine is not there anymore. I'm on 0.90.

Putting on the interstage fairing adapter like a normal decoupler:

KSP_Interstage_1.jpg

Putting on the interstage fairing adapter like it's supposed to be put on:

KSP_Interstage_2.jpg

As you can see, putting the interstage adapter like that eliminates the stage 7 engine altogether!

I believe that's due to using a stock engine instead of KWR one - KW engines have an extra node on the top that you attach the interstage to, while stock ones do not. This means that attaching the top node to a stock engine as you're supposed to (which you must enable part clipping in order to do as the stock engine top node is already attached to the fuel tank) means that the interstage top decouple node separates the engine and fuel tank and the engine can no longer reach the fuel as it has been 'decoupled' according the the game, even though it's still attached (which is why KER reports that the stage isn't present - because it's not). There's only one node between stock engines and fuel tanks and the interstage top node decouples it. Basically, the interstages can only properly be used with KWR engines. I just comment out the top attach node on the interstages and attach stuff to the bottom payload node instead.

Hope this helps.

It would be nice for KW to include a few tweaks to the stock engines so that we can use the KW parts (like interstages) with the stock engines if we so desire.

Edit:

Or maybe that'd be better as a separate mod, so KW Rocketry isn't forcing changes upon others that may have unknown consequences.

Edited by almagnus1

I believe that's due to using a stock engine instead of KWR one - KW engines have an extra node on the top that you attach the interstage to, while stock ones do not. This means that attaching the top node to a stock engine as you're supposed to (which you must enable part clipping in order to do as the stock engine top node is already attached to the fuel tank) means that the interstage top decouple node separates the engine and fuel tank and the engine can no longer reach the fuel as it has been 'decoupled' according the the game, even though it's still attached (which is why KER reports that the stage isn't present - because it's not). There's only one node between stock engines and fuel tanks and the interstage top node decouples it. Basically, the interstages can only properly be used with KWR engines. I just comment out the top attach node on the interstages and attach stuff to the bottom payload node instead.

Hope this helps.

Yup you're right. I disabled clipping of parts and used KW rocketry's engines and it worked perfectly. Thanks for that mate!