Hof's Locomotive Industries Version 1.1

Hofugir

Hello and welcome to this glorious thread that in the future will contain more than one train and other vehicles too hopefully!

Right now what you will get is a FP7-503 train modeled and textured by me for KSP usage.(Why there is no wheels and other train stuff you normally see is because i want it to be customizable)

Here are 2 pictures to satisfy you.

UPDATE: Added 2 small and handy parts that i call DSEK(Deep Space Exploration Kit) that i will hopefully expand upon, not alot of updates on better train model and more for some while since im pretty busy

(The 1.25m connector you see on the back is not included since im having issues with it.

XZaFAFp.png

J4660fw.png

RENDER of the train.^

E0IpC1j.png

One possible configuration of it^

It is one part containing fuel and crew. Comes attached with prime Hoffian steel. Currently no IVA since im working on that one.

Here is the download link: http://www./?x43arul2hj5qubw

ENJOY!

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Erkännande-IngaBearbetningar 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/deed.sv. 88x31.png

Edited by Hofugir

Oh wow! This will be awesome when used with my WIP railway mod! Looks roughly the right with to fit on the bogie too (It's wide track, they are 3.84M wide), but I might have to add a special piece so bogies can properly swivel..

Edit: My post count has reached the Eighties! A decade that would be interesting to check out if time travel is ever invented.

Edited by Tw1

Oh wow! This will be awesome when used with my WIP railway mod! Looks roughly the right with to fit on the bogie too (It's wide track, they are 3.84M wide), but I might have to add a special piece so bogies can properly swivel..

Edit: My post count has reached the Eighties! A decade that would be interesting to check out if time travel is ever invented.

My train is 3.5 wide i think so it might be possible.

Why don't you cut up the loco into smaller modular parts like, cockpit, engine, fuel tank, etc similar to c7/b9 plane parts, then we can combine it with other parts as well. Not to mention there will be more explosions =)

Why don't you cut up the loco into smaller modular parts like, cockpit, engine, fuel tank, etc similar to c7/b9 plane parts, then we can combine it with other parts as well. Not to mention there will be more explosions =)

I dont want too, that is a single train section and with how really bad connections my connection nodes have its better for it to be 1 part so far.

Nice job there! Is there anyway you can make an SD70ACe in the Union Pacific livery (somewhat)? Kind of like this: http://www.trainweather.com/HeritagePhotoOpSLC063007-8444-9R.jpg

(Yes, and if it was numbered 8444 it would be awesome :D)

haha.. what an oddly specific request... especially for KSP. :D I think your best shot may be to learn to model.

Do you mind if I ask what the significance of this UP SD70ACe 8444 is to you?

haha.. what an oddly specific request... especially for KSP. :D I think your best shot may be to learn to model.

Do you mind if I ask what the significance of this UP SD70ACe 8444 is to you?

I have an HO scale model of it from Athearn. :D As for the 844 in my name, google it :)

Is there any chance you can also make some passenger cars? That might seem like a bit too much though.

The 844, the only US Steam locomotive to have been NEVER retired from service, many steam locomotives continue on various heritage lines but most of those have been saved from the scrap yards. The 844 has been in constant service with the Union Pacific since it was built, it was never at any point attempted to be scrapped or retired from the fleet!!!

That is a huge distinction!!! :)

If you can make some sort of part that can act like decoupler pieces I would love it.

I imagine it's a simple structure that had a decoupler node on it such that once you detach the other end it becomes a coupling that acts like the crude strut things I see people use.

Nice job there! Is there anyway you can make an SD70ACe in the Union Pacific livery (somewhat)? Kind of like this: http://www.trainweather.com/HeritagePhotoOpSLC063007-8444-9R.jpg

(Yes, and if it was numbered 8444 it would be awesome :D)

Nah, make the actual #8444 steamer that you've got it in your avatar. She's a beauty

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.