Rover flipping

For some reason my Munar rover just will not stay on the ground. When I try to apply forward movement on the wheels, it always wants to use torque and flip as well. Precision controls help a little bit, but eventually they don't become precise when you hold down a key for too long and the thing wants to flip again. I did try using docking mode for translation movement, but that's no different from staging mode. As far as I know there is nothing that can apply torque (2 command seats). This happened before with my other rover but this one is the same as another one I tried which did NOT flip at all. The only difference is that now I'm using the treaded wheels rather than the tires.

Okay, I'll have to try that. I tried switching off the motors on the wheels in back (the side that was on the ground while flipping) and it started moving at 2m/s. :P

EDIT: Tried that, it started moving a bit slower but still wanted to tip backwards. I didn't even make the rover that short either; it's like an average sized rover and the wheels are about two girders apart. I don't see why it should be tipping backwards though.

Edited by lumpman2

Rebind keys for rover control since same keys are used for yaw/roll and pitch. In high gravity bodies that's not the issue, but on ones with lower gravity force reaction wheels have enough force to sometimes filp Your rover

Survive flips intact? well, below are example of "flips proof"..

http://www./view/x9cbaigb736jcv3/004-Ultimate_Rover_F.craft

And Fort...put more strut..

http://www./view/ws9bwxa3i9bm1pb/004-Ultimate_Rover_J.craft

And if you are looking for anomalies at Mun, you better change from Rover to something such as rocket type VTOL shuttle craft.

I just saw this thread and only the last picture,so sorry if I missed anything.If my calculations are correct,your rover is flipping because it has a high center if mass.Like,a TOWER on top of the rover.

The center of mass is (For this rover post/thread only) the point that pulls you back when you accelerate.Your wheels want to go forward but the top wants to stay behind(Thus resulting in the leaning/flipping-back problem).If the center of mass was lower,the leaning back would be stopped by whatever is supporting the rover from behind (The wheels),but with a high center of mass the top's support is farther away,therefore resulting in un-supported leaning-back.

P.S. This is the best way I could describe what is happening,but if I was too complicated or unexact in some parts,im sorry.Here is a smiling Kerbal to compensate for your time lost---> :)

Right, I first thought a high center of mass meant there was a lot of mass in the middle. Then I read your first post and then figured it out. I decided to decommission the whole lander (as in eva one of the guys, have the other guy lift the docked rover and jump out and let the lander + rover blow up on the ground). I'm now going to send a rescue mission for the two guys :)

Thanks for the help :D

Its possible that your center of mass is off center and the amount of thrust generated by the wheels counters gravitys abilty to push your rover down. I had the same problem with my large habitation rover i put on duna and i solved it by attaching RCS thrusters and adding the large RCS tank to the hull of the rover the additional weight plus the force generated by the RCS pushing down got my rover to stay on its wheels. But for your rover you might need to widen the surface area and use the RoveMax Model one wheels which should provide additional stabilization.