Jebediah has Gone Insane

Sargent890

A few KSP years ago (6 to be exact), I sent two identical craft into an orbit around Kerbin in order to complete my first completely manual docking described in this tutorial: http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Gemini_6A_and_7. I docked the two craft and left them there for about 6 KSP years, being to busy to recover the kerbals and not wanting to de-orbit a historic site. About a week ago, though, I decided to recover the kerbals from the craft. I brought up my standard recovery craft and EVA'ed the kerbals over.

One thing I noticed was that Jebediah was smiling insanely and did so throughout the whole mission. The other three kerbals were acting normally. I landed the craft and am now preparing for a mission to Laythe, but Jeb hasn't stopped smiling! It's starting to scare me now. Anyone else having the problem?

sRMJBV0.png?1

Jeb in the recovery vehicle

I sent Jeb and another Kerbal (Can't remember exactly which) I sent him on a moon walk, I found the Neil Armstrong easter egg, but it was ages away from my landing site. So he went out, and I got bored halfway and I wasn't bothered to get him back. So I just left him lying on the floor (I pretended he was in Cryosleep) he's still there now, about 3 Ksp years on. Don't want to find out what his facial expression is now.....

I've only seen Jeb not smiling once... for just a second.

It was an SSTO test flight that went horribly bad. At about 22km the craft lost lift and started re-entry at about 1200m/s... with Farren & Deadly Re-entry mods. Parts started exploding and ripping off and Jeb frowned for a second as he went into a lunch expelling spin.

Amazingly he was able to (crash) land the craft with just 1 wing (no ailerons), a rudder, and the rocket engine. (Just the cockpit survived.)

And yes, Jeb was smiling insanely the rest of the way down.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.