[0.23] Squad Texture Reduction Pack - B9 and KW Packs also

PolecatEZ

Oafman, indeed, this mod simply fiddles with the textures for the parts for squad's own, B9's, and KW's parts pack. However this is a dead thread, the owner has abandoned it, and probably KSP all together. If you are using Better Atmospheres, by Thesonicgalaxy (mandatory otherwise jealousy rage comes your way), you can download his texture reduction pack for his mod, however the RAM reduction takes computing power, so the reduction pack will take a big bite out of your FPS if you are already suffering low frame rates.

I would suggest getting rid of parts you never use, there are always loads you think, "wow, I have never used this part ever and probably never will".

Sam

KW Rocketry was updated to v.2.6, so whatever links the people here give you, will not be relevant to the current version of KWR, and are more than likely to mess the whole pack up.

Not only that -- the folder structure was reorganized so you'd be adding additional textures instead of replacing them.

If anyone is still having memory problems, install Active Texture Management.

• 2 weeks later...
Dead as it may be i still have two of redux ZIP files in my Archive. I sadly do not have the KW verson.

Squad

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xmx2gkqok2f0xc/uploads_2013_10_Squad-Texture-Pack-0.1c.zip

B9 Aerospace

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtxhwro7vtzep2p/uploads_2013_10_B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c.zip

It may be nothing but the .bat inside the reduced texture pack was taken as a virus by my computer.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I can't find the downloads for these...

Not sure if you are allowed to link other websites downloads in the forum but if you google- 'KW Rocketry Texture Reduction Pack' there is a download on the the top search.

It seems any time the download is from Curseforge the link takes you to the home page.

• 3 months later...
Same.

First necro'ing threads is generally not a good idea. Second, read my post immediately above yours. Squad's also renamed many textures; any texture reduction pack will either not work or will increase your memory load.

Install Active Texture Management. It'll save you far more memory than what was possible with PolecatEZ's reduction pack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.