[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

48 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

its *teary eyed* beautiful!

only one issue have been experiencing - haven't tried RC2 (side-tracked on yet another project) is would like a button to turn all paths on/off/toggle in the editor. and sometimes the individual part's toggle doesn't seem to work.

There was an issue where if you alt-click cloned a part the ray from the original would get cloned too, so there would be two rays on the part. Only one of them would be toggleable though. 

I can add the other one easily enough.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:35 PM, Nertea said:

This mod is not compatible with 1.7.3. 

Oh, that's a pity! Cos' I really love your idea, but totally don't want to update to 1.8 as I have ~100 mods, some of them already abandoned. Totally no workarounds to this?

3 minutes ago, Alpha512 said:

Oh, that's a pity! Cos' I really love your idea, but totally don't want to update to 1.8 as I have ~100 mods, some of them already abandoned. Totally no workarounds to this?

You would have to pull the source code, retarget it to the KSP 1.7.x assemblies, build it, correct any issues that arise from the port.

1.8 was not kind to cross version compatibility.

Alternatively you could patch out the reflector and feed modules and replace them with standard antenna modules on the reflector.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:35 PM, Nertea said:

This mod is not compatible with 1.7.3.

Could you please release a quick-taped-together-barely-working-not-supported-very-unstable .dll recompile for 1.7.3? Please? Pleease? I mean I'm already using a not compatrible 1.8.1 mod in 1.7.3,  it wouldn't get worse anyway. 

Mmm, weird. I updated NFT Exploration from 1.0 to 1.0.1 and lost the ability to config any antennae using CommNet Constellation (can't change their config, I got a Null object reference). And it does affect all non embedded antennaes (stock and not). Nothing much, but since it looks like a regression. If you need more info (especially what kind of logs) tell me. I have lots of mods, but besides CommNet Constellation, none are playing with the antennas.

Not a big deal, I can still play (I just need to move all the craft on the same frequencies, which is easy to do with CNC), I'm essentially losing some flavor, but that's fine.

2 hours ago, NiL said:

Could you please release a quick-taped-together-barely-working-not-supported-very-unstable .dll recompile for 1.7.3? Please? Pleease? I mean I'm already using a not compatrible 1.8.1 mod in 1.7.3,  it wouldn't get worse anyway. 

There's a 1-7-3 branch on my git, link in the last page or two of my release thread. 

1 hour ago, Okhin said:

Mmm, weird. I updated NFT Exploration from 1.0 to 1.0.1 and lost the ability to config any antennae using CommNet Constellation (can't change their config, I got a Null object reference). And it does affect all non embedded antennaes (stock and not). Nothing much, but since it looks like a regression. If you need more info (especially what kind of logs) tell me. I have lots of mods, but besides CommNet Constellation, none are playing with the antennas.

Not a big deal, I can still play (I just need to move all the craft on the same frequencies, which is easy to do with CNC), I'm essentially losing some flavor, but that's fine.

You should probably post issues with the release version in the release thread. 

However, it's not really a regression, but 1.0.0 was fundamentally completely broken, and the changes needed to solve this have introduced this problem. I've contacted the mod author to see if we can figure out the best way to resolve this. Follow discussion here:

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 7:43 PM, nepphhh said:

I'd recommend producing RealAntenna configs (seems to be the future, and they're far easier to put together) instead of RT ones. I might even author them myself when I'm less busy...

Is there a manual somewhere for me to RTFM? :cool:

10 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Is there a manual somewhere for me to RTFM? :cool:

No manual required, but if you want one, we're building out the wiki: https://github.com/DRVeyl/RealAntennas/wiki

Otherwise, it's incredibly simple. Here's some I wrote a while back: https://github.com/DRVeyl/RealAntennas/blob/master/GameData/RealAntennas/Parts/Coatl.cfg

For dishes, set antennaDiameter to the dish diameter in meters, for omnis, set referenceGain to an appropriate gain. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenna_gain

That's it!

Edited by nepphhh

• 2 weeks later...

I get a lot of PMs about FFT and about whether I'm going to work on stuff, so I'm going to put a roadmap post here that I can link to when asked. 

There are about half a dozen projects in my head at any one time.  This is in approximate order of production - and recall that on top of this, I also spend a lot of time on Restock... a LOT of time, because people are very demanding. 

1. NF Electrical Reactor Art/Content Pass

This is probably my ugliest mod at the moment and is a clear target for some improvements, different size parts, etc. It's a medium project (1-2 months). 

2. Heat Control Major Update

HC is a bit dated and needs work to fit better into balance progression. This includes a fairly large number of additional radiators to fill out the low end of things. It's a medium project (2-4 months)

3. Kerbal Atomics Art Pass

These models are getting pretty long in the tooth, some of them are going to need a redo soon. 

4. SSPXr Construction Expansion:

A concept to expand the mod. First with a set of EPL compatible parts to allow orbital construction and the like, which is a medium project (2-3 months) or a large project (4-6 months) if IVAs are included. I've had this one in my head for a long time but it keeps getting dropped because I break out in a cold sweat when I think of an IVA.  When I finish the previous projects I will probably drop this one down again. 

5. CryoTanks Art Pass

I have to do this again because I only did it halfway last time and it didn't last as long as I wanted. 

Edited by Nertea

29 minutes ago, SingABrightSong said:

Found a seemingly abandoned project on your GitHub for "Radioactivity", which I imagine will remain abandoned for the near future (:wink:). Was looking at it mostly due to the limited compatibility between NFE/Kerbal Atomics and Kerbalism, but compatibility is third-party IIRC so I'm uncertain how to proceed.

I have 2-3 code-heavy projects I work on in the background, but tend to develop them when IRL work is less software focus, which hasn't happened for a while. So, yeah... no plans. SystemHeat would be the one I'd want to develop most. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.