[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

This is a PXL stations parts and octo-girder-based extraplanetary launchpads construction station, only the docking ports and the workshops aren't NFT. I wish I could do the PXL parts more justice with a much bigger station, but I've been down that road and things eventually grind to a halt even with a very fast processor, no fault of NFT. This station was only three launches, nice and efficient. But anyway, just a screenshot of someone happily using your work Nertea, thanks.

CtOWNJf.png

This one was very pretty, but became unusably slow... sigh. Didn't help that I gave it like 50 docking ports.

2E7D2YK.png

omg, i just discovered this and i cant wait!

20 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

This is a PXL stations parts and octo-girder-based extraplanetary launchpads construction station, only the docking ports and the workshops aren't NFT. I wish I could do the PXL parts more justice with a much bigger station, but I've been down that road and things eventually grind to a halt even with a very fast processor, no fault of NFT. This station was only three launches, nice and efficient. But anyway, just a screenshot of someone happily using your work Nertea, thanks.

CtOWNJf.png

This one was very pretty, but became unusably slow... sigh. Didn't help that I gave it like 50 docking ports.

2E7D2YK.png

what mods are here?

4 hours ago, Not a Spy said:

omg, i just discovered this and i cant wait!

:) Keep in mind that when I say three launches I mean pretty big launchers.

22ccoKm.jpg

4 hours ago, Not a Spy said:

what mods are here?

Mostly Near Future Technologies and Station Parts Redux, but lots of others- Wild Blue Industries, SSTU, Station Science, various MKS and USI-LS parts, Global Construction.

If you want future-ey looking plane fuselages OPT is the place, it's basically exactly what I would make but already made.

The other day I finished retexturing the large fusion reactor. 

Capture.PNG

I have about 3 or 4 more parts left to finish before I get to testing releases. SystemHeat is coming along nicely in terms of useability and Waterfall seems to more or less work so those are good. I might leave the atmospheric ISRU stuff out before starting tests, it's taking a bit longer to concept out. 

10 hours ago, Weimaraner said:

Will you, on release, provide waterfall configs for the stock engines?

Probably not initially, that's a lot of work. I have some people interested in making them though. 

4 hours ago, stefan43 said:

what ever happened to those station parts you were working on or are they shelved 

Yes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.