[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

Not the way I've designed it, it fundamentally needs large low temperature mass flow through the core in order to not cook itself instantly (and it's still going to cook itself pretty fast without radiators). Bring the working fluid temperature down to something that won't melt itself and it's not going to be a very good engine.

Dang I increased scope sorry guys

Capture.PNG?width=845&height=665

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Not the way I've designed it, it fundamentally needs large low temperature mass flow through the core in order to not cook itself instantly (and it's still going to cook itself pretty fast without radiators). Bring the working fluid temperature down to something that won't melt itself and it's not going to be a very good engine.

I like this new artstyle your developing with skeletonised fusion engines rather than the traditional giant bell.

Are you planning on adding ISRU parts for making fusion fuel, or adding that functionality to other parts from stock or the NFT suite? Also have you considered adding other unconventional fission engines, like the mini-mag orion or pulsed fission-fusion?

3 hours ago, Roostergod said:

Are you planning on adding ISRU parts for making fusion fuel, or adding that functionality to other parts from stock or the NFT suite? Also have you considered adding other unconventional fission engines, like the mini-mag orion or pulsed fission-fusion?

@JadeOfMaar’s Rational Resources provides distributions of several potential fusion-fuels, and the parts to gather them. I’m sure if any new ones are introduced, they will also be added to RR quickly. As for mini-mag orion, @SuicidalInsanity’s orion mood has one in-dev.

1 minute ago, amarius1 said:

Is the "restart" branch ready to be tested in KSP? Says incompatible .dll for me, if anyone knows how to get the parts to show.

I just replaced the .dll with the .dll from the old version, seems to work for me/ there are the engines and stuff

5 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

I just replaced the .dll with the .dll from the old version, seems to work for me/ there are the engines and stuff

yo I can't wait for when this is complete as a testing version at least, the engines look amazing and I can barely imagine what will be possible with them. They also serve as a perfect pack to fill the last end game nodes of the Community Tech Tree which is simply amazing!

13 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

I'll probably use the new metallic fairings in 1.10 to make it a more traditional Daedalus, lol

Daedalus sucks, boo! It's also (In KSP scale) about 60m in diameter! I'm trying to get things down to a fudge factor of < 

I'm trying to stay away from stuff that's obviously in KSP2. 

13 hours ago, Roostergod said:

I have made a part for creating of fission type fuels. The stuff for atmospheric extraction is harder, I was going to do it but I've been running up against difficulties figuring out how to visualize harvesting. 

6 hours ago, amarius1 said:

Is the "restart" branch ready to be tested in KSP? Says incompatible .dll for me, if anyone knows how to get the parts to show.

Don't. Using the state right now will break your game, and break it again and again. Wait until I've stabilized things first. 

6 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

nononono absolutely don't do that. 

19 hours ago, Nertea said:

That looks like the ICAN-II engine! Does that mean antimatter will be included in the mod again?

Edited by Plutron

sorry for bothering, but since you have so many electric mods do you have a mods that degrades solar panels or some config files? i want a reason to launch more missions, not just strap a blue wonder to my craft and have it run indefinitely

7 hours ago, Souptime said:

sorry for bothering, but since you have so many electric mods do you have a mods that degrades solar panels or some config files? i want a reason to launch more missions, not just strap a blue wonder to my craft and have it run indefinitely

Kerbalism has that(I think), as well as a lot of other reasons to launch more missions.

The newer parts are for Far Future Propulsion only or are you trying to create a new "Far Future Technologies" family of mods since you're pretty much done with NFT? It doesn't sound bad considering Far Futuristic parts have to deal with higher thresholds and capacities.

On 7/20/2020 at 12:49 PM, Souptime said:

You ask me a lot of small random things, I don't really (at all?) do requests. 

11 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

Really nice models over there! But how complex will be the gameplay?

Not very, you know the rest of my mods, like that. 

3 hours ago, Danielle said:

The newer parts are for Far Future Propulsion only or are you trying to create a new "Far Future Technologies" family of mods since you're pretty much done with NFT? It doesn't sound bad considering Far Futuristic parts have to deal with higher thresholds and capacities.

The mod is Far Future Technologies exactly because I'm not splitting it up, there's room for a bit of propulsion, a bit of power, bit of resources. Easier that way!

9 minutes ago, Nertea said:

The mod is Far Future Technologies exactly because I'm not splitting it up, there's room for a bit of propulsion, a bit of power, bit of resources. Easier that way!

What no habitats? Jk's.   Love your work thanks.

4 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Habs would be nice but I don’t know the difference between an oxygenated tin can and a future oxygenated tin can

One is oxygenated and the other is future oxygenated.

In all seriousness though, the main difference would be in the awesome IVA's that Nertea does.  Lots of holographic screens.  But ultimately it would have to be larger has than what is provided for in the NFT mods.  The largest SSPX rotational habitats would basically be the smallest of what I'd expect, but the rotational habitats would be rings that allowed for command, labs, greenhouses etc as well. The SSPX ones are really just kerbal storage from memory.  20 metre's across.

Also, i wonder if FFT habitats would be a kerbal sized Babylon 5 or Rama.  A large rotating cylinder that was open green space,  20 metre's across, wonderfully massive so that only the biggest of FFT engines feasibly would move it, or constructed in situ.

But that I'd only my thoughts.

For clarity I'm not asking or expecting any habitats in FFT primarily as IVAs take so much work, and Nertea is a perfectionist and his workload is already huge,  for which we benefit.

Edited by theJesuit

8 hours ago, Nertea said:

Got it, that sounds nice. Can't wait to see your other "gameplay changing/additions" modules interact with your whole ecosystem.

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

One is oxygenated and the other is future oxygenated.

In all seriousness though, the main difference would be in the awesome IVA's that Nertea does.  Lots of holographic screens.  But ultimately it would have to be larger has than what is provided for in the NFT mods.  The largest SSPX rotational habitats would basically be the smallest of what I'd expect, but the rotational habitats would be rings that allowed for command, labs, greenhouses etc as well. The SSPX ones are really just kerbal storage from memory.  20 metre's across.

Also, i wonder if FFT habitats would be a kerbal sized Babylon 5 or Rama.  A large rotating cylinder that was open green space,  20 metre's across, wonderfully massive so that only the biggest of FFT engines feasibly would move it, or constructed in situ.

But that I'd only my thoughts.

For clarity I'm not asking or expecting any habitats in FFT primarily as IVAs take so much work, and Nertea is a perfectionist and his workload is already huge,  for which we benefit.

yeah that is true, and rama space cylinders would be awsome if textured by nertea but i think he wants to make the scale a bit smaller. I just hope I can make a torchship with this and get to duna in 30 days. I agree Nertea is a complete perfectionist and I would be willing to pay him to make his own game if I had the capital too.

Edited by SpaceFace545

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.