[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

Looking at those resource detectors, and your modelling & texturing work is top-notch as always! I'm assuming that (in reference to the first viewpoint) the right-hand one is a "shielded" variant of the left-hand one? If so, is there going to be a gameplay difference between the two (such as drag values, etc), or is it simply cosmetic?

On 8/18/2020 at 5:14 PM, Starseeker said:

Looking at those resource detectors, and your modelling & texturing work is top-notch as always! I'm assuming that (in reference to the first viewpoint) the right-hand one is a "shielded" variant of the left-hand one? If so, is there going to be a gameplay difference between the two (such as drag values, etc), or is it simply cosmetic?

Just cosmetic, though drag might be a little better due to how it's usually calculated. 

On 8/16/2020 at 2:19 PM, hemeac said:

That model looks quite good.  I could see the benefit of having a set of configs similar to Rational Resources that could be used as a base to distribute the resources to planet pack mods.

I will provide configs for the stock system and the resources I 'manage' or are stock (that probably means Oxidizer, LqdMethane, ArgonGas, XenonGas, LqdHydrogen, LqdHe3, LqdDeuterium). It should be fairly easy to propagate those as planet pack authors might wish.

On 8/15/2020 at 11:43 PM, Nertea said:

Resources are organized into Bands which sit around planets. These bands have shapes defined by distributions - I've written a new distribution specification system that expands on what stock provides. It is now possible to specify much more interesting distributions, like rings, shells, atmospheres... etc. It's also expandable with more distribution types as needed later. 

Would shapes like Kerbalism radiation belts be possible? That is, an elliptical toroid with another one cut out of it.

Simply awesome as always! I love the resource design you are implementing from the 3 tiers of scanning/sampling to how each has a shape distribution associated with them. Can't wait to see how you progress the system and eventually when I will be able to play with it. Glad I upgraded my PC to handle more mods :)

Ooof this is the last time I develop 4 mods at once.

Status update

• SystemHeat is almost at beta state, I have one model to finish and some balance things to test but we're mostly good. 
  • Waterfall is almost at release state.
  • SpaceDust is getting... there. Some things are taking longer. First alpha of FFT will probably only ship with discovery, not harvesting.
  • FFT itself is pretty solid. I'm leaving out one planned engine from the alpha test, but the rest are all set. 

So, I hope to get something in front of testing by late next week. 

6 hours ago, Nertea said:

Status update

• SystemHeat is almost at beta state, I have one model to finish and some balance things to test but we're mostly good. 
  • SpaceDust is getting... there. Some things are taking longer. First alpha of FFT will probably only ship with discovery, not harvesting.
  • FFT itself is pretty solid. I'm leaving out one planned engine from the alpha test, but the rest are all set. 

I assume FFT will depend on the previous three?

9 hours ago, Nertea said:

Status update

And which engine'd that be?

SystemHeat is almost at beta state, I have one model to finish and some balance things to test but we're mostly good. 

Waterfall is almost at release state.

SpaceDust is getting... there. Some things are taking longer. First alpha of FFT will probably only ship with discovery, not harvesting.

FFT itself is pretty solid. I'm leaving out one planned engine from the alpha test, but the rest are all set. 

And 2020 just got that much better! 

On 9/10/2020 at 11:39 PM, Streetwind said:

That's what you said last time... :D

But this is so much worse, it is 3 interrelated plugins!

Some new stuff:

Finishing work on integrating this engine. 

Honeycam_2020-09-14_11-14-16.gif

I finished off the atmospheric scooper dealie too. A fun feature it has is different intake model options, which are effective at different speeds. 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

And the new nuclear smelter:

Capture.PNG?width=1673&height=1171

6 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

Nuclear smelter? Does that process nuclear fuels, or smelt normal stuff with the power of a nuclear reactor? Or both?

Well, assuming it stays more or less the same as it is in the old version of FFT, it will also be able to make ablator for engines that uses it for propulsion. But, overall, yes, it is used to extract nuclear fuel for ore. Or process depleted fuel into some still-usable enriched uranium (or xenon gas).

you forgot to update the roadmap

is spacedust separated mods (I know if it's true we need make our own harvester anyway)? Does it work with all Community Resource Pack resource if we want our own "dust" around the bodies? Can we add our own resource like endless space dust?

Edited by ssd21345

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.