[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

Lots of options for names, will take them under advisement. 

Two images for today, first I think is a bit interesting, showing 1.25m kerolox, methalox and hydrolox engines. 

unknown.png

And progress through the roadmap, the Raptor Vacuum (and boattail regular Raptor:

unknown.png?width=1515&height=1340

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

Lots of options for names, will take them under advisement. 

Two images for today, first I think is a bit interesting, showing 1.25m kerolox, methalox and hydrolox engines. 

unknown.png

The chart isn't entirely accurate, as the bottom row is comparing two boosters with a sustainer. It's a shame there aren't any mods with hydrolox booster engines, they're pretty rare in real life but that hasn't stopped people from putting other rare engine types into KSP.

5 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

The chart isn't entirely accurate, as the bottom row is comparing two boosters with a sustainer. It's a shame there aren't any mods with hydrolox booster engines, they're pretty rare in real life but that hasn't stopped people from putting other rare engine types into KSP.

the RS-68 in cryoengines is pretty much a booster IMO, and the LH2 rhino too IMO

32 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

Will this thingy is going to act like 2 engines in one, like its supposed to be in reality?

An interesting question. It does appear to have the built-in verniers at the top which looks like the TQ11. I don't know if it will be "two engines" though. I think it's shipped as a unit. Here's the TQ11 engine: http://landspace.com/news/shownews.php?id=178&lang=gb

On 2/16/2021 at 9:18 AM, ra4nd0m said:

Will this thingy is going to act like 2 engines in one, like its supposed to be in reality?

No, I don't really see the gameplay value of this. A user could configure it this way though. 

Today's screenshot is of the BE-4. 

unknown.png

@DylanSemrau has graciously donated the model , which I have adjusted slightly to fit the mounting style of my engines and textured to fit in with the rest. It's a great model and didn't feel like reinventing the wheel. 

Actuators will of course line up ingame. 

These models look great and also make me glad I recently upgraded to 64 GB of RAM (yikes).  I've been looking forward to this for a long time.  A few questions:

- Will each single-engine model have "compact" mount variants to pack more across a given tank/base diameter?

- Will there be a corresponding set of switchable variant and single port CH4/Ox RCS blocks in different thrust sizes, or a patch for existing Stock/ReStock RCS selections?  The individual port configuration RCS blocks with integrated fuel cells in NFLV NearFutureMethalox seem overly complex for a compound-curvy KSP-ish Starship.

9 hours ago, KSPrynk said:

64 GB of RAM

Wow. That’s a lot. I only have 16 but I run all of the NertMods plus AVP 8k and Parallax. 

9 hours ago, KSPrynk said:

Will there be a corresponding set of switchable variant and single port CH4/Ox RCS blocks in different thrust sizes, or a patch for existing Stock/ReStock RCS selections?  The individual port configuration RCS blocks with integrated fuel cells in NFLV NearFutureMethalox seem overly complex for a compound-curvy KSP-ish Starship.

Probably. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.