• 1.875 -> 0.625m adapter
  • 1.875m attach point
  • Short crew tube
  • Medium crew tube
  • Long crew tube
  • 2.5 -> 1.875m adapter
  • Science lab
  • Utility module

About the crew tube. Its pretty sad that such nice part have not real use. Given that we now have cargo system, why not have them do that? I would also like it allot if they had limited capacity radiator and fuel storage. Now that I think about it, a mini mod that make crew generate low temp increase would be pretty awesome. It would justify the presence of the low capacity radiator of HeatControl, they seem to have no use atm, even small reactors cant be cooled by them.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, RedParadize said:

Given that we now have cargo system, why not have them do that?

I doubt Nertea'll be on board, If I'd turn out to be right might make the pathes myself

15 hours ago, NiL said:

I doubt Nertea'll be on board, If I'd turn out to be right might make the pathes myself

To make my case, I would say that crew tube are more or less like IVA, you look them once or twice but never really use them. Since they serve no purpose they almost never end up being used. I doubt that there is any unused space ISS.

2 minutes ago, RedParadize said:

To make my case, I would say that crew tube are more or less like IVA, you look them once or twice but never really use them. Since they serve no purpose they almost never end up being used. I doubt that there is any unused space ISS.

I use them as crewed trusses for large space stations where most of the space is either just a crew tube of some sort or a structural truss, and only some portions have real crewed modules and other stuff

On 4/9/2021 at 7:02 AM, RedParadize said:

These new part looks pretty damn good. Here is my new Mun/Minmus taxi. Perfect to ferry crew and expandable landing module.

Didn't see this before. Appreciate that you're excited, but things are not at all ready for testing yet. I'd prefer you avoid using them until I give the go-ahead, as there's a strong likelihood of unexpected craft breakage. 

So I've finished the exteriors of the last few parts for this size. Short hab, multi hub, cupola and angled tube.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I have yet to start on any interiors, but I'll try to get a config pass sorted out in the next couple days to have this set available on GitHub.

I have also finished the texture rework of most of the 1.25m parts, except the multihub which o might need to completely redo.

Lastly I'm also working on something fun and cool which I'll start revealing in the next little while.

1 minute ago, Nertea said:

Getting stuff ingame is always a pain, so have another render of the whole 1.875m lineup:

unknown.png

I like how the parts have a very russian look, especially with the thermal cloth thing texture thing

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

Getting stuff ingame is always a pain, so have another render of the whole 1.875m lineup:

Hope my Kerbals are OK with just 1.875m habs because those are so gorgeous I don't think I'll use the larger ones again any time soon  :heart_eyes:

32 minutes ago, CDSlice said:

Hope my Kerbals are OK with just 1.875m habs because those are so gorgeous I don't think I'll use the larger ones again any time soon  :heart_eyes:

Unfortunately I don't think I can avoid repainting the 2.5m set now :( . Much work to be done (but good results for all of you).

6 hours ago, Nertea said:

unknown.png

What's the one with with the truss on it, between the dome and the adapters? Looks like it has some kind of special purpose

14 hours ago, WarriorSabe said:

What's the one with with the truss on it, between the dome and the adapters? Looks like it has some kind of special purpose

I bet it's a lab. Looks a lot like Kvant-1 to me.

So I'm not going to issue test point releases at this time, but the 1.875m expansion is now in a testable state on the appropriate github branch. Some notes

• 1.875m IVAs are in a highly draft state and are merely blocked out
  • The White/Metal/Insulated surface switches are functional for 1.25m and 1.875m parts, but not for the other sets yet
  • This is not compatible with the SSPXMetal extra.

Though I don't intend to drastically change part balance or make any part name changes, be aware that this is a very early test of a significant revamp. Be careful, back up saves, and don't distribute to everyone and their dog.

Very nice looking parts as usual!

One thing I noticed - PAS Flat Adapter magically disappears when viewed from certain angles (what's actually happening is that the backfaces are getting culled which is expected - you probably only modelled one side of that inner ring, so the back side shows). 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.