Nertea

[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: Near Future Exploration (FFT on hold)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

@Nertea just out of curiosity why isn't out on Spacedock? That would make it easier to find version? Also OP version making please. Thank you for this incredible mod. If you have spare time though would you consider doing a Tweakscale config as it would help to give the Nuclear Salt Water fuel tanks more functionality. But that isn't something needed now. Once again, Thank you for the mod, as always textures are beautiful and masterfully designed. It adds more variety to the game, so we thank you for it.

Um, because it's still in heavy development, and may change at any point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! I seem to have a bit of trouble using the fusion reactors. They aren't able to switch their fuel and they aren't able to charge or provide power. Is this a bug or am I using them wrong? I have fusion fuel on my ship (not the pellets) and i have enough radiators and batteries to power the reactor. I'm sorry if this is already being looked into. The mod is a dream come true by the way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

just out of curiosity why isn't out on Spacedock?

Because I don't want to support things to the unwashed masses before it's ready.

7 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Also OP version making please.

I don't know what this means. If you mean overpowered, here you go.

7 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

If you have spare time though would you consider doing a Tweakscale config as it would help to give the Nuclear Salt Water fuel tanks more functionality

I hate tweakscale. Go bother them about it.

1 hour ago, Plutron said:

Hello everyone! I seem to have a bit of trouble using the fusion reactors. They aren't able to switch their fuel and they aren't able to charge or provide power. Is this a bug or am I using them wrong? I have fusion fuel on my ship (not the pellets) and i have enough radiators and batteries to power the reactor. I'm sorry if this is already being looked into. The mod is a dream come true by the way!

Glad you like it, can you be more specific? Screenshots for example? Installed mods? Neither of those bugs have been reported before.

Edited by Nertea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nertea said:

I don't know what this means.

I mean please put in the OP (Original Post) Title the current version to simplify things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

I mean please put in the OP (Original Post) Title the current version to simplify things.

This isn't a mod thread for Far Future Technologies though. This is "Nert's Dev Thread". Its title changes whenever he's working on something else. He has like... *counts on fingers* ...eleven different projects? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://imgur.com/a/OKlPL These are images of my fusion reactor test ship. I apologize for the tiny HUD but ksp's HUD does not scale well with screen size. 

I know CKAN is not supported by your mods so that could be the cause of the problem.

Modlist:

AtmosphereAutopilot (Fly-By-Wire)

B9 Part Switch

Community Resource Pack

Community Tech Tree

Cryogenic Engines

Cryogenic Engines Extras: LFO Patch

Cryogenic Tanks

Deployable Engines Plugin

Dynamic Battery Storage

Ferram Aerospace Research

Firespitter Core

Heat Control

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

HyperEdit

Interstellar Fuel Switch

Interstellar Fuel Switch Core

Kerbal Atomics

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Mechjeb 2

Mechjeb and Engineer for all!

ModularFlightIntegrator

Module Manager

Near Future Construction

Near Future Electrical

Near Future Electrical Core

Near Future Iva Props

Near Future Propulsion

Near Future Solar

Near Future Solar Core

Near Future Spacecraft

Part Overhauls

Physics Range Extender

RasterPropMonitor

RasterPropMonitor Core

SCANsat

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion

Tweakscale - Rescale Everything!

VesselMover Continued

And of course: Far Future Technologies.

Only Far Future Tech is not from CKAN there is a possibility that CKAN might be the cause.

Thanks for looking into it!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Plutron said:

https://imgur.com/a/OKlPL These are images of my fusion reactor test ship. I apologize for the tiny HUD but ksp's HUD does not scale well with screen size. 

I know CKAN is not supported by your mods so that could be the cause of the problem.

Modlist:

AtmosphereAutopilot (Fly-By-Wire)

B9 Part Switch

Community Resource Pack

Community Tech Tree

Cryogenic Engines

Cryogenic Engines Extras: LFO Patch

Cryogenic Tanks

Deployable Engines Plugin

Dynamic Battery Storage

Ferram Aerospace Research

Firespitter Core

Heat Control

Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes

HyperEdit

Interstellar Fuel Switch

Interstellar Fuel Switch Core

Kerbal Atomics

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Mechjeb 2

Mechjeb and Engineer for all!

ModularFlightIntegrator

Module Manager

Near Future Construction

Near Future Electrical

Near Future Electrical Core

Near Future Iva Props

Near Future Propulsion

Near Future Solar

Near Future Solar Core

Near Future Spacecraft

Part Overhauls

Physics Range Extender

RasterPropMonitor

RasterPropMonitor Core

SCANsat

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion

Tweakscale - Rescale Everything!

VesselMover Continued

And of course: Far Future Technologies.

Only Far Future Tech is not from CKAN there is a possibility that CKAN might be the cause.

Thanks for looking into it!

 

Yes something odd going on. the module appears to be uninitialized. Could I get an output.log also? I can't see this at all in my install. 

4 hours ago, shynung said:

@Nertea Do you have any plans to revive Project Orion? You know, ol' Boom-Boom?

I know you seem to want me to do everything, but I have a job and a kid and 11 mods to maintain. I have plans to complete the roadmap on github and then release the mod. That's all I will commit to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I know you seem to want me to do everything, but I have a job and a kid and 11 mods to maintain. I have plans to complete the roadmap on github and then release the mod. That's all I will commit to.

As much as I wanted that to happen, I don't mean to ask a lot from you. Just gauging how far are you willing to go into the rabbit hole, so to speak. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 10:38 AM, shynung said:

@Nertea Do you have any plans to revive Project Orion? You know, ol' Boom-Boom?

Roverdude has a rather excellent Orion drive mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I found the problem! I reïnstalled all the Near Future mods and found a weird Gamedata folder located within my Gamedata folder. I've deleted it and discovered that the fusion reactors now function properly. It appears the bug was caused by a bad install. Sorry if I wasted your time with a problem that could be fixed very easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm ok. That's good. I had some moments to look at your log half an hour ago and there wasnt anything clear, so that's good that it worked out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a stupid question or already been asked, but where exactly is the roadmap for FFT? I poked around the GitHub repository and couldn't find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I gathered from earlier posts, it looks like using the advanced engines on space planes is possible, but are there any engines which can use intake air as the fuel, heated up by a reactor and exhausted out the back? I know those exist in KSPI, but I think it'd be great to see some in this pack as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 8:21 AM, Gatrnerd said:

Probably a stupid question or already been asked, but where exactly is the roadmap for FFT? I poked around the GitHub repository and couldn't find it.

It's in the Issues section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome to see this is still moving forward. I couldn't play without NF Propulsion, and this is an awesome extention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 6:43 AM, Nertea said:

I'm open to better suggestions for how to handle interfacing with the chargeable engines. I recognize this isn't super user friendly.

I suggest giving chargeable engines a short shutdown delay, so that whenever the engine is at 0% throttle, it waits for a short time before actually shutting down. 'Residual charge', if you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I time warp above 10x and I have full Antimatter tanks onboard, my electricity drains and the tanks blow up.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Edited by planeguy868

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am absolutely blown away by the quality of these parts! One question though, in the imgur album how did you get the Discovery command center? (Unless its in FFT, as I haven't checked it out yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 5:30 PM, Saltshaker said:

I am absolutely blown away by the quality of these parts! One question though, in the imgur album how did you get the Discovery command center? (Unless its in FFT, as I haven't checked it out yet).

You might need to be more specific, I don't have any such command centre

10 hours ago, AndrewHere said:

Hey there. Just noticed something weird on my craft today and I'm not sure where it's coming from. https://imgur.com/a/EUoTQ

You need to have the latest NFProps development branch if using SSPXr

On 11/21/2017 at 5:59 PM, planeguy868 said:

When I time warp above 10x and I have full Antimatter tanks onboard, my electricity drains and the tanks blow up.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Didn't see this, sorry. Use the DBS release from NFE/CE/KA, there was a bug. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait until this comes out, It'll be much easier than trying to figure out the interstellar mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nertea said:

You might need to be more specific, I don't have any such command centre

*snip*

 

In the imgur album of FFT, there's a ship that looks that looks like the Discovery from 2001: A Space Odyssey. At the front is a large spheroid that looks like the Discovery's command center, ahead of the radiators. Do you know what mod that's from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.