[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

8 hours ago, Random Chimp Event said:

Ran into an issue when I tried to start up ksp. Tried copy-pasting several of the error lines into google to see if my problem's been solved already, couldn't find anything. Here is my gamedata folder and log. Help would be appreciated, running ksp version 1.7.3

GameData Folder

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1886l9v_oPB_o0DbhqExKCMJosrXzpA7Z

Couldn't put the whole log into a spoiler so uploaded to drive.

I don't see any of my mods in this list:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
KSPModFileLocalizer v0.2.3.2
BlendshapeModelLoader v1.0.0.0
TexturesUnlimited v0.0.0.0
B9PartSwitch v2.5.1.0 / vv2.5.1
Chatterer v0.9.97.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
Firespitter v7.3.6867.18541
KerbalEngineer v1.1.3.0
KerbalEngineer.Unity v1.0.0.0
MiniAVC v1.0.3.2
kOS v1.1.9.0
KSPWheel v0.0.0.0
SmokeScreen v2.8.1.0
KerbalAlarmClock v3.11.0.0
Scale v2.4.3.8
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0 / v2.4.3.8

Folders and files in GameData:
000_TexturesUnlimited
B9AnimationModules
B9PartSwitch
B9_Aerospace
B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings
Chatterer
Firespitter
JSI
KerbalEngineer
KerbalFoundries
kOS
KSPWheel
ProceduralParts
SmokeScreen
Stock folder: Squad

TriggerTech
TweakScale
KSPModFileLocalizer.dll
ModuleManager.4.0.3.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
README.md

Are you sure you're in the right place?

Do you have any plan for rover parts?, I found that part mod for unmanned rover is lacking, like bigger/smaller or more advance rover core, maybe a nice addition to NF exploration.

Edited by derega16

I'm unsure if this is the appropriate thread, but are there any plans for additional aerospike engine(s)? (excluding NuclearEngines)

J2-T?

Edited by Mountain Parrot

1 hour ago, Mountain Parrot said:

I'm unsure if this is the appropriate thread, but are there any plans for additional aerospike engine(s)? (excluding NuclearEngines)

J2-T?

J-2T are available in Bluedog Design Bureau

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 9:18 PM, Nertea said:

Thanks, will be in whatever gets released tomorrow...

I don't think that's an issue... Those adapters are meant to be used upside down in upper stages similar to the Delta V second stage.

1 hour ago, eataTREE said:

OMG. My Kerbals yearn for the stars (and don't believe in cheesy warp drives). Nice plasma-beam effect too. I can't wait to haul out my Kansas-sized radiator panels!

Don't forget those radiators the length of Florida for those antimatter engines! :wink:

Considering that one of the main obstacles to FFT was the inadequate stock heat system, I'd say this is highly likely.

Dang, KSP2 is gonna be a though sell. :) 

Just now, Nertea said:

Capture.PNG

It makes a DOOF noise.

*DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF**DOOF*

Like this?

FFT is back! :D

I used to remove the metallic hydrogen parts for "not being realistic" but since KSP2 will use it, it *maybe* exists, and Atomic Rockets is okay with it, I'm okay with it.

Here I come 1700 Isp!And obscenely expensive fuel and a "metastable" solid  that may explode because quantum.  I don't mind this isn't orbiter

Anyway, I'm glad that we finally get an alternative to KSPIE in @Nertea's *much* superior artwork

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

So yes, I am working on FFT again. I seem motivated and no more KSP2 for a year gives me some time to finish it. However, a major scope and content restructuring will be happening to make this reasonable. Expect little to no compatibility between older versions and this one.

• All antimatter mechanics are getting removed: this is necessary to keep the scope reasonable.
  •  All inertially confined engines are getting removed for a considerable rework and should not be even considered part of the mod for the time being. This includes the z-pinch driven engines.
  •  Magnetically confined fusion engines are being reworked artistically as can be seen, but also mechanically with different sizes and capabilities. Probably more on that as they get done. 
  •  Fusion reactors are sticking around and should stay largely the same as they are currently.
  •  Exotic fission propulsion systems are getting strongly reworked but should still be in the mod. This means the NSWR and FFRE.
  •  Metallic hydrogen propulsion might be going away.If not it's getting a similar treatment to the inertially confined engines and getting taken out for a heavy conceptual rework. 
  •  ISRU equipment is being revised and edited where appropriate. Some of the models are salvageable, others will need a rethink conceptually and artistically. 

I'm concurrently developing three utility mods that are required to make the mod work the way I want. These will not be optional. 

•  SystemHeat, which overhauls heating
  •  Waterfall, which is something I and a few others have been working on to drive better engine effects
  •  SpaceDust, which is a piece of work to overhaul the buggy garbage mess that is atmospheric and exoatmospheric harvesting in stock. 

An initial release will be available when the fusion, fission and ISRU systems are done, and the three support mods have reached a sufficient level of stability. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.