[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

20 hours ago, derega16 said:

A little request can you add a center node to NFLV energia cluster mount? Current one can't be used with modular launch pad as it don't have a center node 

I agree, it would be nice to use modular launch pads with my N1

49 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

A what 

Make a Github account, fork the project so that you have your own copy to make changes in, add the node, test that it still works properly and no bugs were introduced, commit your changes, and then make a pull request on Github to merge your changes into Nertea’s repository.

Here is GitHub’s documentation on pull requests.

9 hours ago, CDSlice said:

Make a Github account, fork the project so that you have your own copy to make changes in, add the node, test that it still works properly and no bugs were introduced, commit your changes, and then make a pull request on Github to merge your changes into Nertea’s repository.

Here is GitHub’s documentation on pull requests.

could you explain how to do that

I am hacking through the weeds of system rewrites and have got to the point where I have the spherical tokamak engine ingame. 

Capture.PNG?width=792&height=1339screenshot234.png

This is a 3.75m part. In nuFFT this takes the role of mid-level fusion engine and has two modes that vary the amount of LH2 the engine uses. More LH2 gives you more thrust at the cost of specific impulse. It also functions as a fully operational fusion reactor, providing up to 500 kW of power to the ship. In contrast to old FFT, this reactor mode correctly hooks into heat systems, and acts basically just like a normal reactor (you used to get free cooling, not anymore). Reactor charge is still needed, among the new fun things are dynamic charge lights on the capacitor that show you when the engine is charged up or operating. 

As someone who has played for years, but has only just moved into using anything more than basic QOL mods (and now has almost all your stuff installed), I just wanted to say thank you for all the great work, good sir. The sheer amount of stuff you have produced, and the amazing quality of it all is just mind blowing.

You are awesome

On 6/21/2020 at 10:21 AM, Clamp-o-Tron said:

I know it's unlikely, but could a Daedalus drive happen? Seems most "near future" of the "far future".

It's big. @Nertea is reducing scope to minimum, because of that all Antimatter branch fell out for now. So I don't think at the moment it's a possibility.

Edited by MrFancyPL

11 minutes ago, MrFancyPL said:

It's big. @Nertea is reducing scope to minimum, because of that all Antimatter branch fell out for now. So I don't think at the moment it's a possibility.

Exactly a real daedalus would rival the size of most buildings, It require a new type of infastructure to actually be built in KSP.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:21 AM, Clamp-o-Tron said:

I know it's unlikely, but could a Daedalus drive happen? Seems most "near future" of the "far future".

No... we haven't really even demonstrated a Q anywhere near 1 in an ICF system now, and the required Q for the Daedalus design is around 50. Not to mention that concept requires a pulse rate of 250 Hz which is madness. I think NIF can pulse at about 1 cycle per 6 hours or something.

30 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Exactly a real daedalus would rival the size of most buildings, It require a new type of infastructure to actually be built in KSP.

Still not building these drives at a proper scale. They're closer with the new version, but going to still be 50-75% of 'reality', because reality is too big for KSP. 

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

Still not building these drives at a proper scale. They're closer with the new version, but going to still be 50-75% of 'reality', because reality is too big for KSP. 

In terms of size or thrust?

On 6/26/2020 at 5:55 PM, Gryphorim said:

That looks really cool. Would it be possible to set up a cluster of pulsed engines to fire sequentially?

I suppose you could start the engines in sequence so they would be staggered, but then you would get thrust asymmetry.

On 6/26/2020 at 12:27 PM, Roostergod said:

sexy, does it deliver the thrust in pulses or is it just an animation?

Just an animation, the pulse engines deliver very low thrust so this is ok.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.