[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: such nuke, wow

Nertea

1 minute ago, Nertea said:

A single large centrifuge

Amazing! Do you also plan on eventually doing 1.875m and maybe 5m self levelling legs sooner or later? They are currently the only sizes missing at the moment iirc, and would fit well with the expansion

4 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Amazing! Do you also plan on eventually doing 1.875m and maybe 5m self levelling legs sooner or later? They are currently the only sizes missing at the moment iirc, and would fit well with the expansion

It's a good point that I should probably address, huh. I don't find that particularly exciting but may fall into the 'needs'.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Egad! That’s gonna be fricken huge!

I do hope we get a mega-cupola. 
And maybe an IVA for that because it would be cool to have a mega space window

Stuff will have IVAs. I'll definitely regret that.

Edited by Nertea

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

I'm slogging through the 2.5m part repaint which sucks, weird UVs and poorly designed textures abound. Still, happy with the results in most cases - I'm about halfway done, I think 

To save the boredom, I've been working a lot on the next thing, which is, as some may have guessed, 5m station parts to further expand the expansion expansion. heh. You can expect to see:

• 2 habitation cans
  • 2 logistics modules (well, one chopped into two lengths)
  • 2 adapters
  • A science module
  • A greenhouse
  • A station command core
  • A single large centrifuge
  • Perhaps a couple of unique 5m type parts. 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, Nertea said:

as some may have guessed, 5m station parts to further expand the expansion expansion.

WHO!? Last I heard you said you would almost certainly NOT be doing 5m station parts due to the undeniable nightmare that is huge IVAs...!

I am equally thrilled to hear this as I am worried about your sanity :D

In the meantime here's another look at the awesome new 1.875 modules. A little less jumbled this time and easier on the eyes, something vaguely reminiscent of Zarya-Zvezda.
XU3n1eJ.png

Alternate view with Endeavor and Unity docked.
0RRM15U.png

1 hour ago, lemon cup said:

WHO!? Last I heard you said you would almost certainly NOT be doing 5m station parts due to the undeniable nightmare that is huge IVAs...!

In the meantime here's another look at the awesome new 1.875 modules. A little less jumbled this time and easier on the eyes, something vaguely reminiscent of Zarya-Zvezda.
XU3n1eJ.png

0RRM15U.png

I think it maybe was me and @Spaceman.Spiff

4 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

To be fair it was actually @Apelsin who figured it out. 

and a long time ago we (as the nertea dev thread people) discussed the 5m parts, and I showed a picture of some big ship concept art thingy that I thought might (only might) be related artwise to the parts

19 hours ago, 610yesnolovely said:

(I created my account finally to say this - I've been lurking for years. On the bright side, this comment did motivate me to at least de-lurk and perhaps make a very very small mod I've been researching.)

This post has motivated me to also de-lurk (I have posted a few bug reports but not much more), and want to second this point.

The effort Nertea puts into this project for free is mind-boggling, and makes me want to come back to KSP each time  something is released (more so than the official patches).

17 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

mega-cupola

:awe:
Now that's something to make a late-game surface base from!

17 hours ago, Nertea said:

Stuff will have IVAs.

Oh... We SO do appreciate your hard work!

16 hours ago, Jcking said:

Since the 1.25 and 2.5m parts will get a new insulated texture, will the pressurized variants of the octo-girder parts get that same treatment?

Ugh stop reminding me. 

7 hours ago, lemon cup said:

XU3n1eJ.png

0RRM15U.png

Nice! Yes I developed a few more time saving techniques for the IVAs and they seemed to get good results with the 1.875 set. That and motivation being a weird thing, often if I am happy with something I made, I will want to expand on it.

3 hours ago, kari1393 said:

The effort Nertea puts into this project for free is mind-boggling, and makes me want to come back to KSP each time  something is released (more so than the official patches).

Thanks, statements like this mean a lot.

3 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@Nertea I doubt you take suggestions but I think it would be cool if you added a "hangar" part. Like the existing 5m cargo bays but more stationy.

It's not really in scope, the only thing that I would consider would be a flatter cargo nose, the NFLV parts are good enough otherwise.

11 hours ago, lemon cup said:

QUEM!? A última vez que ouvi que você disse que quase certamente NÃO faria partes da estação de 5m, devido ao pesadelo inegável que são enormes IVAs ...!

Estou igualmente emocionado em ouvir isso, pois estou preocupado com sua sanidade mental : D

Enquanto isso, aqui está outra olhada nos novos módulos 1.875. Um pouco menos confuso desta vez e mais fácil para os olhos, algo que lembra vagamente o Zarya-Zvezda.
XU3n1eJ.png

Vista alternativa com Endeavour e Unity ancorados.
0RRM15U.png

It looks different than what I have here ... Is this in the mod? Or is it a closed beta version?

3 hours ago, RedParadize said:

@lemon cup Can you tell me the graphic mod you are using? Because that looks awsome.

Just TUFX and Distant Object Enhancement, and thank you. I’d share my profile but like many folks I’m always tweaking them slightly and screwing them up :joy:

EDIT to address post below: PM Sent :)

Edited by lemon cup

I for one welcome the new Station Parts Expansion Redux Expansion- Now With Even More IVAs!* Excellent quality, as always.

* I don’t actually look at IVAs most of the time and often delete them to save RAM and boost performance, but I can appreciate the effort that went into making them- especially that fish module!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.